KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Who is the most valuable member of the JLA?

?
This poll is closed.
Superman 18 43.90%
Batman 7 17.07%
Wonder Woman 1 2.44%
Hal Jordan 0 0%
Wally West 2 4.88%
Martian Manhunter 13 31.71%
Aquaman 0 0%
Plastic Man 0 0%
Kyle Rayner 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Total: 41 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who is the most valuable member of the JLA?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

Who is the most valuable member of the JLA?

The title says it all.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:10 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

WW. She bakes cookies

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:13 AM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Superman is the superhero symbol. Batman is an inspiration. WW is a warrior in it's pureness. Hal is willpower in it's finest. MM is the most diverse and loyal/wise. Plastic Man is comic-relief. Others? Feel free to post your opinions.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:14 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

I was going to say GL but you felt the need to separate Hal and Kyle for some reason.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:16 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

If Superman quit the JLA the League would fall apart.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:19 AM
Mr.Biscuits

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Validus
I was going to say GL but you felt the need to separate Hal and Kyle for some reason.

So Hal then...

But really it's Batman and Superman.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:19 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Darth Martin
If Superman quit the JLA the League would fall apart.

What about all the times when Superman wasn't a member?

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:20 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I meant currently and common sense.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:21 AM
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Martian Manhunter or Supes.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:21 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

I meant all time and facts.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:22 AM
Mr.Biscuits

Actually no.superman's really not that vital,maybe for sales but not for the team.

Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Superman isn't essential to the JLA. Actually he hasn't been on the JLA teams much at all....

Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

WW is very diverse. She's wise, warrior, a lader and everything. I don't think Bats is the perfect example. Sure, he doesn't have any powers but he has contingency plans on evryone and is not a great leader or team player.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:23 AM
Darth Vicious

Superman is the superhero symbol. Batman is an inspiration. WW is a warrior in it's pureness. Hal is willpower in it's finest. MM is the most diverse and loyal/wise. Plastic Man is comic-relief. Others? Feel free to post your opinions.

I think WW's "pureness" was lost the day she killed Max Lord. MM is not even in the new line up. I think the most valuable member is Batman, he is pretty much the brains, strategist and if needs be he'll go to some extremes the other members wont. I dont think Hal is really that necessary, he hasn't been a member in so long, any member of the GL Corps could take his place.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:24 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Batman is also somewhat of an inspiratiomn seeing how he has no powers. I just wish he was more of a team player.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:28 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
I think WW's "pureness" was lost the day she killed Max Lord. MM is not even in the new line up. I think the most valuable member is Batman, he is pretty much the brains, strategist and if needs be he'll go to some extremes the other members wont. I dont think Hal is really that necessary, he hasn't been a member in so long, any member of the GL Corps could take his place.

Maxwell Lord isn't the first man she's killed. She killed several agents of the Kobra. She's a pramatic warrior through and through. If you're a threat that knocking you out won't solve, she'll kill your ass....

Batman? Please.

It's either MM or Flash. The JLA always seems to fall apart without them....

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:28 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Draco69
Superman isn't essential to the JLA. Actually he hasn't been on the JLA teams much at all....

Exactly. He didn't become a team mainstay until Grant Morrison revamped the concept. Until then he was in and out.

If we're talking who's most valuable as an overall character and team member, the answer is clearly J'onn. That shouldn't even be up for debate.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:29 AM
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

were the justice lords part of the comics? In JLU they happened because Flash died. Did that happen as canon? Because if it did....well then its the flash smile

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:39 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Batman is still my pick but I see why some picked J'onn, I really dont understand why they didnt use him in the current line up, afterall he has been in every JLA incarnation (according to Wiki).

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:39 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Batman is still my pick but I see why some picked J'onn, I really dont understand why they didnt use him in the current line up, afterall he has been in every JLA incarnation (according to Wiki).

The current team looks like it was picked out of a hat. Black Lightning? I like Jefferson and all but get real.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2006 12:42 AM