KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?

Should've taken the blue pill b!tches
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Street level characters can dodge bullets (aka "I am an idiot") 16 22.86%
Street level characters cannot dodge bullets (aka "I am sane") 54 77.14%
Total: 70 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?
Started by: Scoobless

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (19): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?

(please log in to view the image)

There is a great misconception amongst many KMC members over who exactly can and cannot "dodge bullets"

Characters such as DareDevil, Wolverine, Batman, Captain America, etc, etc... all have managed to fool people into believing that they can "dodge" bullets... this is simply not possible, while yes, they do avoid being hit on a consistent basis, they are not actually dodging bullets, they are merely avoiding the aim of the person firing at them.

High velocity rifle fire can travel at over 3,000 mph (over mach 4) which is obviously way too fast for any non-speedster to avoid if it's on target when fired.

I've even heard people state that "Wolverine (or whoever) dodges lasers all the time" which is even more ludicrous... once again they are only avoiding the aim of the person/machine behind the weapon.

Spider-Man is another character people claim can "dodge" bullets and that he does it more often than any other character "proving" that he can... once again this is not the case... his spider-sense lets him know when he is about to be fired at and his superhuman speed allows him to easily move from that location before the shooter can even pull the trigger

I know this thread is fairly pointless... but I don't care... the growing number of fanboys on the comic forums who constantly state that "(insert name here) can dodge bullets/lasers" is mind-boggling

The characters who actually can "dodge" a bullet after it has been fired include Superman, the Flash, Quicksilver(classic), Speed Demon, etc... basically people who can move and react at the speeds necessary to avoid a projectile travelling anywhere between mach 0.5 to mach 4.5

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/1999/MariaPereyra.shtml
http://www.reloadbench.com/gloss/conv.html

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 01:56 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

not disagreeing on anything other then this....wouldn't SMs spider-sense in essense actually allow him to dodge bullets? i mean, if it's coming at him, wouldn't he see it in enough time to "dodge"? instead of moving out of the way before it is shot?

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 02:02 AM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

thumb up

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 02:03 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I like how in the first choice, if they pick it, they call themselves idiots. laughing

Anyway, people are still going to claim that Wolverine (impowered by the souls of millions of fanboys, basically making him a high level cosmic) can dodge bullets.

Plus, I also thought that Spiderman has dodged a bullet after it's been fired...

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 02:04 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psyquis52
Magik Blackheart

Leave it to Scoobless to trounce all the hopes and dreams of the many fanboys and noobs on this forum.

Scoobless is beginning to endear himself to me. wink

Whoah!

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 02:11 AM
Psyquis52 is currently offline Click here to Send Psyquis52 a Private Message Find more posts by Psyquis52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bigbran
Anyway, people are still going to claim that Wolverine (impowered by the souls of millions of fanboys, basically making him a high level cosmic) can dodge bullets.

I'm just trying to raise awareness/reason levels on KMC

smile

Plus, I also thought that Spiderman has dodged a bullet after it's been fired...

Spider-Man is slightly more difficult to slot into either group... he's at that point of superhuman speed/reactions where it's conceivable for him to do it on occasion.... He has caught a bullet before... but I would assume that it was a, relatively speaking, slow moving round

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 02:12 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Re: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?

Originally posted by Scoobless

There is a great misconception amongst many KMC members over who exactly can and cannot "dodge bullets"

Characters such as DareDevil, Wolverine, Batman, Captain America, etc, etc... all have managed to fool people into believing that they can "dodge" bullets... this is simply not possible, while yes, they do avoid being hit on a consistent basis, they are not actually dodging bullets, they are merely avoiding the aim of the person firing at them.

High velocity rifle fire can travel at over 3,000 mph (over mach 4) which is obviously way too fast for any non-speedster to avoid if it's on target when fired.

I've even heard people state that "Wolverine (or whoever) dodges lasers all the time" which is even more ludicrous... once again they are only avoiding the aim of the person/machine behind the weapon.

Spider-Man is another character people claim can "dodge" bullets and that he does it more often than any other character "proving" that he can... once again this is not the case... his spider-sense lets him know when he is about to be fired at and his superhuman speed allows him to easily move from that location before the shooter can even pull the trigger

I know this thread is fairly pointless... but I don't care... the growing number of fanboys on the comic forums who constantly state that "(insert name here) can dodge bullets/lasers" is mind-boggling

The characters who actually can "dodge" a bullet after it has been fired include Superman, the Flash, Quicksilver(classic), Speed Demon, etc... basically people who can move and react at the speeds necessary to avoid a projectile travelling anywhere between mach 0.5 to mach 4.5

No, Im telling you that in time you wont have to!

embarrasment I guess thats why they are called COMIC BOOKS. They dont have to make sense all the time. If all comics were based on actual facts, like say not being able to dodge bullets, the comic would be kinda boring.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 02:18 AM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Well, Cap has said that he see's the bullet's in a slow motion type of sense. erm

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 02:19 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by Grimm22
Well, Cap has said that he see's the bullet's in a slow motion type of sense. erm

slow motion ? ... they are still travelling at hundreds/thousands of miles per hour

If a bullet is fired on target at on of those guys... and they aren't already in motion... they should not be able to get out of the way in time

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 02:23 AM
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

punisher hit spiderman with mercy bullets... stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 02:26 AM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

slow motion ? ... they are still travelling at hundreds/thousands of miles per hour

If a bullet is fired on target at on of those guys... and they aren't already in motion... they should not be able to get out of the way in time

I donno erm

He says he sees faster.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 02:34 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

I guess it's the same thing that Peter saw in the Spider-man movie when Flash tried to hit him. messed

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 02:35 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

According to Wolverine's fans, Wolverine can see bullets in slow motion.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 02:37 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

According to Wolverine's fans, Wolverine can see bullets in slow motion.

Which was one of the reasons I made this thread in the first place... I've read every Wolverine comic that has come out in the last ten years and I've never seen that ability crop up

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 02:41 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Which was one of the reasons I made this thread in the first place... I've read every Wolverine comic that has come out in the last ten years and I've never seen that ability crop up
I guess Wolverine came out of the comic, and told them personally, I dunno, I guess he has that ability.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 02:44 AM
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

no expression

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 02:47 AM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Shit!!
I know I seen somewhere say that Wolverine was able to catch nukes....
I forget what thread, but if I find it, I'll post it.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 03:04 AM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

While I agree completely with what you're saying, I just want to say that Spider-Man actually HAS dodged a bullet that was already on it's path towards him. I'm looking for the scan now. But he was standing still, the bullet was fired, and it was still in mid-air, about half-way to him, before he started to move. I'll keep looking for it.

But you're right on about everyone else. Kudos.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 03:06 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I'm glad you brought this up. Technically Spiderman dodges them depending on the distance and situation, but he shouldn't just be dodging ridiculous amounts either. I made this point several times along with Never. yes

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 03:19 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

It doesn't really matter if Wolverine can dodge bullets or not. I know fans argue he can to prove ha has super reaction speed or whatever but in the end it's pretty pointless.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Oct 6th, 2006 03:20 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote