KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Who can dodge bullets?

Who can dodge bullets?
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

Who can dodge bullets?

This was inspired by the Scoobless thread. So who can dodge bullets? Can any street-levelers do it succesfully? List em. Explain why you think they can or cannot if you like.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:08 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

I think it would help if we could figure out if Captain America can dodge bullets - because as far as I know, he is peak human, but not super human. Therefore, if he cannot dodge bullets, it would make sense that none of the other characters, no matter how good they are, would not be able to dodge bullets either - unless they can get enhanced, like Black Panther when he drinks that magic potion stuff.

So really, the question for me, is: Can Captain America dodge bullets?

Unfortunately, I don't have many Captain America comics, so I can't answer that question...

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Last edited by Dreampanther on Oct 10th, 2006 at 02:25 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:18 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Spider-man can.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:27 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Yeah, but we already know that - and he is definitely no mere street-level character!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 02:43 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dreampanther
I think it would help if we could figure out if Captain America can dodge bullets - because as far as I know, he is peak human, but not super human. Therefore, if he cannot dodge bullets, it would make sense that none of the other characters, no matter how good they are, would not be able to dodge bullets either - unless they can get enhanced, like Black Panther when he drinks that magic potion stuff.

So really, the question for me, is: Can Captain America dodge bullets?

Unfortunately, I don't have many Captain America comics, so I can't answer that question...

Remember Captain America can be considered to be enhanced as well.

Kang

While Kang does not possess super-human abilities per se, he appears to be on a strength and endurance level roughly similar to Captain America, as he is able to take him on in a fairly evenly matched battle- this suggests at least some enhancement.

Kang's profile implies that Cap has enhanced stats and not only that, if it says Kang has at least some enhancement, that means if enhanced is a level Cap is not on the bottom end of it!

When Cap's bio says Cap is as powerful as a human can be without being sueprhuman they can mean exactly that. For exammple 3 tons is minium superhuman strength. Cap can lift a ton, but he could lift 2 under extreme duress.

The same goes for reflexes but it is harder to quantify.

I read in one Marvel RPG, that Cap could dodge one bullet but not multiple, but I have only read this in one place.

Last edited by Deadline on Oct 10th, 2006 at 03:09 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:02 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Ah, OK - as I said, I don't really have enough Captain America comics to be able to say with conviction what he can and cannot do - that's why I base my suppositions on his bio smile

I still think he would be considered a better measuring staff than for instance Spiderman or Wolverine, as if it can be proven that Captain America cannot dodge bullets, then I think we would be able to say with some conviction that NONE of the other street level characters would be able to dodge bullets, either.

If somebody CAN prove that Cap can dodge bullets, however, we are back to square one, I guess... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:12 PM
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

I don't have any scans or anything, but as far as I know Cap can't dodge bullets. I've seen him shot (his chain mail protects him) so I don't think he can dodge. I know he mentioned before that he sees things in s sort of slow mo, but its not to the extent of Spider-man. I have not seen him demonstrate he's fast enough to dodge bullets after they've been fired

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:16 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

I still think he would be considered a better measuring staff than for instance Spiderman or Wolverine,

What are you saying that Wolverine has better relexes than Cap, as far as im concerned Wolverine's in general is slightly slower. Im not even entirely convinced that Spiderman can either

If somebody CAN prove that Cap can dodge bullets, however, we are back to square one, I guess... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sorry cant help. All I can say is that Cap is The Mighty Thor of street levellers. Eventhough Cap is not as fast as Spiderman he has some reflex feats not far off. This link might help.

http://herochat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=100779

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:19 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Well, then I would suppose that Cap forms more or less the border between those who can and those who can't dodge bullets - because as far as I know, Batman is more or less on the same level as Cap, and between those two they have taken out a LOT of street level characters, so I would argue that nobody below their level would be able to dodge bullets, either.

So who would form the bottom level of those who CAN dodge bullets? Can Black Panther dodge bullets? I have never heard of him dodging bullets, but I don't have a lot of Black Panther comics. I have become half-convinced that Wolverine MIGHT be able to dodge bullets, but I am not sure everybody would agree.

Anybody else, you guys can think of, somewhere below Spiderman's level, more or less Wolverine's level, maybe just a bit higher than Captain America's level?

I know for a fact that Daredevil can't dodge bullets, as he has admitted it himself.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:23 PM
Deadline

Wolverine MIGHT be able to dodge bullets, but I am not sure everybody would agree.

Anybody else, you guys can think of, somewhere below Spiderman's level, more or less Wolverine's level, maybe just a bit higher than Captain America's level?

No I cant, but Wolverine does not have better reflexes than Cap, the same maybe but not better.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:25 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Alfheim
What are you saying that Wolverine has better relexes than Cap, as far as im concerned Wolverine's in general is slightly slower. Im not even entirely convinced that Spiderman can either

http://herochat.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=100779

I know I am sticking my head into a hornet's nest here, but yes, that is EXACTLY what I have come to believe: That Wolverine has better reflexes than Cap. I cited Wikipedia as my source, in the thread Scoobless started, to support my argument, but I will quote it my argument here again:

"I have to admit, according to Wikipedia, Wolverine has "Superhumanly acute senses, Superhuman stamina, agility, and reflexes", which I do believe will support the argument that Wolverine might just be categorised as a "bullet-dodger", especially in conjunction with his martial arts training, which, as I have stated earlier, was proven by National Geographic to enhance even normal human beings' reflexes to an astonishing degree.

Here is a quote from Wiki: "Wolverine has also demonstrated that his agility and reflexes are also enhanced to levels that are beyond the human body's natural limits, displayed by dodging Cyclops' optic energy beams at point blank range in Wolverine: Origins #5."

Now while I am not stating that Wiki is the ultimate source of knowledge on all matters comics-related, I do believe there is enough evidence to support the argument that Wolverine might be able to dodge bullets, even while we would all agree, I am sure, that he is not quite in Spiderman's class of speed and agility.

I know that Wolverine is the cause of a lot of controversy in these forums, but while I do not wish to exaggerate his stature even more than it has already been, nor do I wish to take away from him what he has earned and rightfully deserve.

Therefore, unless somebody can PROVE that Wolverine can NOT dodge bullets, I am going to go out on a limb here and argue that yes, it is feasible that Wolverine might be able to dodge bullets."

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:27 PM
Deadline

"I have to admit, according to Wikipedia, Wolverine has "Superhumanly acute senses, Superhuman stamina, agility, and reflexes", which I do believe will support the argument that Wolverine might just be categorised as a "bullet-dodger", especially in conjunction with his martial arts training, which, as I have stated earlier, was proven by National Geographic to enhance even normal human beings' reflexes to an astonishing degree.

It doesnt work like that , but I see what you mean. Spiderman really should be bullet proof because a persons strength is usually equivalent to durability. Spiderman can lift the back end of train, he should be bulletproof but hes not. Captain America really should have enhaced senses as well, he was able to detect he was going to get ambushed by a shift in the breeze.

Here is a quote from Wiki: "Wolverine has also demonstrated that his agility and reflexes are also enhanced to levels that are beyond the human body's natural limits, displayed by dodging Cyclops' optic energy beams at point blank range in Wolverine: Origins #5."

Cap has dodged lasers in zero gravity. I think Origins was bad writing. Wolverine is not stupid but he should not have been able to beat Cap like that. Also Cap was behaving like Wolverine and Wolverine was behaving like Cap. Cap is usually the calm one not Wolverine. Dodging Cyclops optic blast just proves he is faster than Cyclops.

Now while I am not stating that Wiki is the ultimate source of knowledge on all matters comics-related, I do believe there is enough evidence to support the argument that Wolverine might be able to dodge bullets, even while we would all agree, I am sure, that he is not quite in Spiderman's class of speed and agility.

I know that Wolverine is the cause of a lot of controversy in these forums, but while I do not wish to exaggerate his stature even more than it has already been, nor do I wish to take away from him what he has earned and rightfully deserve.

Therefore, unless somebody can PROVE that Wolverine can NOT dodge bullets, I am going to go out on a limb here and argue that yes, it is feasible that Wolverine might be able to dodge bullets."

Sorry theres not enough evidence to support that. Furthermore both DD and Cap tend to better when they fight Spiderman, Wolverine usually gets chumped;

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:35 PM
jrodslam

Daredevil can dodge bullets.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:35 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Taskmaster can catch them

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:36 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by juggernaut66666
Taskmaster can catch them

I dont think he can do that anymore. He had powers given to him by the Albino, but he does not ahve them anymore.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:38 PM
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by Alfheim
I dont think he can do that anymore. He had powers given to him by the Albino, but he does not ahve them anymore.

he copied a movement not a power

Bankai.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:39 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by juggernaut66666
he copied a movement not a power

The movement was a power because you need to have superhuman reflexes to catch a bullet no amount of training will teach you how to do it if you are peak human.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:43 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by jrodslam

No, he can't - not Ultimate DD, anyway - see the scans posted where he admits it himself, as Punisher is shooting at him, and deliberately missing, in Ultimate Team-Up. Can't remember the issue, but here is the link http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=3

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:45 PM
Sam Z
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by jrodslam

Daredevil himself said that he can't...

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:47 PM
Sam Z is currently offline Click here to Send Sam Z a Private Message Find more posts by Sam Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

No, he can't - not Ultimate DD, anyway - see the scans posted where he admits it himself, as Punisher is shooting at him, and deliberately missing, in Ultimate Team-Up. Can't remember the issue, but here is the link http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=3

Well if you are comparing Ultimate to the mainstream this does not count. For example Ultimate Cap is stronger and not a good fighter as the mainstream Cap, also Ultimate Wolverine is not as durable as the mainstream Wolverine.

If street levllers can actually dodge bullets after they have been fired I dont have a problem. The MU is a diferent reality to this one, bare in mind the human race has been experimented on by the Celestials, so human beings in the MU are different.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2006 03:52 PM