KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Captain America needs a power upgrade. Who's with me?

Captain America needs a power upgrade. Who's with me?
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Captain America needs a power upgrade. Who's with me?

I'm so sick and tired of "prefect human", Cap does superhuman things so often that I actually think Marvel believes us retarded.

Seriously, it's heart warming to see a human with no powers somehow ends up leading the most powerful team on the planet, but it's not realistic at all.

Cap needs a strength upgrade, possibly 4-5 tons.
He needs a speed upgrade. He should have instantaneous reflexes and near low in speeder moving/dodging speed (not running).
He needs something like a healing factor, not like wolvie's, but he can heal a broke bone is a few hours..His intelligence should be higher.

Basically, make cap better, and in doing so, you'll be ore realistic and people buy that crap.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 06:41 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

**** no. That'll just lead to Cap doing even more impossible crap. It's not as if he's the only character that does things that shouldn't be possible given his stated abilities and powerset.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 06:47 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Just give him a healing factor, and watch him take down cosmic beings.... it worked for Wolverine... no expression

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 06:56 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I disagree.

Captain is Marvel's Superman..except Superman is a boyscout and Cap is a soldier.

What I'm getting at is that Cap should get an ungrade so that he can be a true leader instead of a guy who can get killed by a sharp stick.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 07:19 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

So, give Cap Deathstroke's abilities?

I don't think he ever needs to be powered-up.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 08:51 AM
Wally West is currently offline Click here to Send Wally West a Private Message Find more posts by Wally West Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Broken Darkness

Cap's fine where he is. He was taking Class 90 punches in Civil War 3, so I think he's hardcore enough.

"Life is Complex... so am I."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 08:59 AM
Broken Darkness is currently offline Click here to Send Broken Darkness a Private Message Find more posts by Broken Darkness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

A power up for Captain? Does that mean a proportional increase of his jobber aura? I can only imagine what will happen then.....

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 09:58 AM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Validus
**** no. That'll just lead to Cap doing even more impossible crap. It's not as if he's the only character that does things that shouldn't be possible given his stated abilities and powerset.
I don't think so, he's fine being overhyped as it is...

Regardless, what he does is what makes him "Captain America".

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 11:00 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

Originally posted by bigbran
Just give him a healing factor, and watch him take down cosmic beings.... it worked for Wolverine... no expression
cap can do that nowno expression

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 11:08 AM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Broly92
Bow to Amc or else?

Originally posted by bigbran

roll eyes (sarcastic)

"Whoever said anybody has a right to give up?"

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 12:32 PM
Broly92 is currently offline Click here to Send Broly92 a Private Message Find more posts by Broly92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Re: Captain America needs a power upgrade. Who's with me?

Originally posted by long pig
I'm so sick and tired of "prefect human", Cap does superhuman things so often that I actually think Marvel believes us retarded.

Seriously, it's heart warming to see a human with no powers somehow ends up leading the most powerful team on the planet, but it's not realistic at all.

Cap needs a strength upgrade, possibly 4-5 tons.
He needs a speed upgrade. He should have instantaneous reflexes and near low in speeder moving/dodging speed (not running).
He needs something like a healing factor, not like wolvie's, but he can heal a broke bone is a few hours..His intelligence should be higher.

Basically, make cap better, and in doing so, you'll be ore realistic and people buy that crap.
Batman does stuff easily as crazy.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 12:39 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Hell no. Definitely not.

Cap is all about human potential. He is what people in the Marvel universe strive to be like. He's an icon to millions of people, not only in America but around the world. Think he got that respect because of his colour scheme? No, its cause of his will. Cause of how he continually battles opponents that should destroy him. Cause he nevers gives up and always pushes. Cause he never backs down no matter what the challenge is. Captain America personifies human will, embodies the human spirit. The reason he's loved by so many is because he accomplishes all that he has with his human abilities. Its his humanity that speaks volumes to humans, aliens and even gods. Giving him powers strips him of all of that

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 12:45 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Heck no! He is oerpowered as he is.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 01:10 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Gotta agree with marvelprince on this one

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 01:28 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by marvelprince
Hell no. Definitely not.

Cap is all about human potential. He is what people in the Marvel universe strive to be like. He's an icon to millions of people, not only in America but around the world. Think he got that respect because of his colour scheme? No, its cause of his will. Cause of how he continually battles opponents that should destroy him. Cause he nevers gives up and always pushes. Cause he never backs down no matter what the challenge is. Captain America personifies human will, embodies the human spirit. The reason he's loved by so many is because he accomplishes all that he has with his human abilities. Its his humanity that speaks volumes to humans, aliens and even gods. Giving him powers strips him of all of that

Er I was going to say something like that but you sumed it up quite well.

I think what they should do is elaborate on what peak human is. I have said some of this stuff before and im going to say it again....

Peak human can be enhanced.....

Kang

While Kang does not possess super-human abilities per se, he appears to be on a strength and endurance level roughly similar to Captain America, as he is able to take him on in a fairly evenly matched battle- this suggests at least some enhancement.

Also its not as simple as Cap just being one of the best combatants in the world what does this mean? Cap has heightened sense he was able to detect someone trying to ambush him by sensing a shift in the breeze. It took him one day to learn and alien martial art, this suggests that he may have taskmaster type abilities. This possibly means he can study opponents from earth in alot less time.

They need to stop saying he can only lift 800lbs. He can most likely lift a ton, 2 tons with extreme duress.

Futhermore there needs to be some consistency. The fact that Cap is peak human does not mean he cant hurt 70 toners because....

Mantis

Strength Level: Mantis possessed the normal human strength of a woman of her age, height, and build who engages in intensive regular exercise.

Mantis had extraordinary ability in the martial arts that have been developed and perfected over thousands of years by the Priests of Pama. These fighting methods place particular emphasis on the manipulation of pressure points and nerve endings on the bodies of one's opponents. Thus, by knowing the right areas of the body to strike, Mantis could stun even a being as powerful as Thor even though she herself had no superhuman strength.

Cap is not that good, but the fact of the matter is if she can do it there is nothing wrong with Cap knocking people like The Wrecker and Mr Hyde out.

I want Marvel to stop messing around and put it in black and white that his fighting skills give him the ability to stun 70 toners. If he has the ability to stun them there is also nothing wrong with him having the ability to use his skill to somehow sustain damage from them.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 01:53 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

^Agreed. Nicely summed up. Marvel needs to clearly define these things

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 01:55 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Oh yeah slightly OT. Nice sig Validus LOL.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 02:00 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

No no expression

Its more important to tell a good story than to upgrade characters or give them good showings no expression

Thats why the 90's crashed comics.

The fights and whatnot were more important than the story

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 02:39 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Grimm22
No no expression

Its more important to tell a good story than to upgrade characters or give them good showings no expression

Thats why the 90's crashed comics.

The fights and whatnot were more important than the story
I like the early 90s era in comics. From about 90- 94/95. Thats where the IG saga and the maximum carnage thing was popular. It was around the the mid to late 90s that did it for me for a while.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 02:50 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by marvelprince
Hell no. Definitely not.

Co-signed

Old Post Oct 11th, 2006 03:13 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote