KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Who is D.C's Wolverine?

Who is D.C's Wolverine?
Started by: long pig

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who is D.C's Wolverine?

I don't know anyone who is slightly superhuman in D.C who pulls off that amount of stupidity.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 05:08 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Though I hate to quote myself...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
Wolverine is honestly the best Marvel Batman.

They're both masters at h2h.
They both are 'dark' superheros.
They both have homicidal arch nemesis'
They both have non-major powers (when PIS isn't involved)
They both have shady pasts
And the list goes on...

Hell, they were even amalgamted together to make Dark Claw for amalgam comics because they're characters fit so well. (I love Sabertooth and the Joker making Hyena)

I was talking about who was the best Marvel Batman, but I figure it goes both ways

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 05:20 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Presence?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 05:34 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Though I hate to quote myself...

I was talking about who was the best Marvel Batman, but I figure it goes both ways

Nope it's Lobo.

Dc even stated Lobo is rip-off of Wolverine multiplied to the Nth level...

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 05:34 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by grey fox
Nope it's Lobo.

Dc even stated Lobo is rip-off of Wolverine multiplied to the Nth level...

So, they took Wolverine, depowered him and called him Lobo?

Damn D.C! DAMN THEM!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 05:35 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

It's an interesting analogy, and it makes sense - I just wish I could think of somebody else. While everything you said is true, they are also complete opposites - where Wolverine relies on instinct, Batman uses logic and reason, where Wolverine goes primal and berserk, Batman goes into an icy rage, where Wolverine uses his claws, instinct and healing power, Batman has his toys, his brain and his endless training…

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 05:37 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Re: Who is D.C's Wolverine?

Originally posted by long pig
I don't know anyone who is slightly superhuman in D.C who pulls off that amount of stupidity.

Animated Robin

The second he says "Titans Go", it's game over for the villain of that episode.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 05:43 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Orion. In terms of character....

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 05:51 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Dreampanther
It's an interesting analogy, and it makes sense - I just wish I could think of somebody else. While everything you said is true, they are also complete opposites - where Wolverine relies on instinct, Batman uses logic and reason, where Wolverine goes primal and berserk, Batman goes into an icy rage, where Wolverine uses his claws, instinct and healing power, Batman has his toys, his brain and his endless training…

Like bread and butter.
...Or something to that affect.

One may slash with adamantium claws, while the other throws batarangs, but in essence they're the same.

They're the lone ranger
They recognize friends and such (for the few that have earned such a title), but due to their jaded past, making themselves close is hard.
They can become obsessive with their other lives.
The X-men are Wolverine's Superman.

Right now, Wolverine is even driven to battle Corporate corruption and evil with the MGH scandal. And he's doing it smoothly, effectivley, from the shadows.

Doesn't that seem reminiscent of The Dark Knight to you?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 05:56 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Ha ha - what about Guy Gardner - Warrior?! laughing

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 06:02 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

And no, definitely not Lobo. Superficially, I am sure there are a lot of resemblances, but if you have actually spent as much time reading Lobo as I have, you will know they are two completely different characters.

I dunno, maybe some of you might feel differently, but for me, Batman would actually be closer to Wolverine than Lobo is. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, of course big grin

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 06:06 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Like bread and butter.
...Or something to that affect.

One may slash with adamantium claws, while the other throws batarangs, but in essence they're the same.

They're the lone ranger
They recognize friends and such (for the few that have earned such a title), but due to their jaded past, making themselves close is hard.
They can become obsessive with their other lives.
The X-men are Wolverine's Superman.

Right now, Wolverine is even driven to battle Corporate corruption and evil with the MGH scandal. And he's doing it smoothly, effectivley, from the shadows.

Doesn't that seem reminiscent of The Dark Knight to you?

It does, which is really annoying stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 06:07 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

What about this?
Originally posted by bigbran
Presence?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 06:17 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

From Wiki:

"The Presence is a name for the supreme being in the fictional DC Comics Universe, believed to be the God of Judeo-Christian (and other) beliefs. The Voice is an aspect of The Presence, it is the "Voice" of God. (The Presence should not be confused with the atomic-powered being with the same name from Marvel Comics.) The name was coined to avoid referring to this character as God, despite its obviously being intended to be that being. It would not be until the Comics Code Authority began to lose its influence that DC Comics would allow it to be referred to as God, mainly in its Vertigo line of comics.

The cosmic force known as the Source is believed to an aspect of the Presence.

Powers
The Presence is omnipotent.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presence_%28comics%29"

I have to admit, that does sound a little bit like Wolverine - just not as powerful, of course

stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 06:49 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Dreampanther
From Wiki:

"The Presence is a name for the supreme being in the fictional DC Comics Universe, believed to be the God of Judeo-Christian (and other) beliefs. The Voice is an aspect of The Presence, it is the "Voice" of God. (The Presence should not be confused with the atomic-powered being with the same name from Marvel Comics.) The name was coined to avoid referring to this character as God, despite its obviously being intended to be that being. It would not be until the Comics Code Authority began to lose its influence that DC Comics would allow it to be referred to as God, mainly in its Vertigo line of comics.

The cosmic force known as the Source is believed to an aspect of the Presence.

Powers
The Presence is omnipotent.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presence_%28comics%29"

I have to admit, that does sound a little bit like Wolverine - just not as powerful, of course

stick out tongue
I know who he is.
I think they would have to have Great Evil Beast, and Presence multiplied by 4 to equal Wolverine.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 07:14 AM
NiñoAraña
Bang Bang

so i guess its Batman for character and lobo for looks kinda

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 10:54 AM
NiñoAraña is currently offline Click here to Send NiñoAraña a Private Message Find more posts by NiñoAraña Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Yeah, seems like, kinda - doesn't seem very satisfying, but I can't think of anybody else right now... miffed

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 10:59 AM
Putar
Battle Juggerpope!

Grey Fox is right in that DC really did base lobo off of wolverine, in the basest peices of the characters personality.
They both:
smoke cigars
swear incesently
have no problem with killing

They are on par with each comic industrys boyscout. Lobo with Superman and Wolverine with Captain America. I think this is to keep the balance personally. Which explains the gap in power, Lobo naturally needed the superman-like powers in order to pose some sort of threat to superman.

Both use slashing/peircing weapons (lobo's hook, Wolverines claws)

They were intended to be similar. So i do think Grey Fox is right.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:04 PM
Putar is currently offline Click here to Send Putar a Private Message Find more posts by Putar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Hmm, I understand what you are saying, but characterwise I would say that Lobo reminded me more of Deadpool, just for the over-the-topness. As much as comparing Wolverine to Batman shocked me, intially, the idea is beginning to grow on me.

In all seriousness, despite what happened in that ridiculous, blasphemous mad crossover where the fans could vote for their favourite characters, Lobo, as you stated, is in Superman's league, and a perfect counterpoint to his seriousness and Boy Scoutishness. In a real match Lobo would have Wolverine for breakfast, wait for him to heal, then have him for lunch, then wait for him to heal... I think you can see where I am going with this... stick out tongue

So, according to my own personal merit system, anyway, I see Batman as being closer to Wolverine than Lobo...

Like I said, I do understand what you are arguing, though.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:56 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Re: Who is D.C's Wolverine?

Originally posted by long pig

Deathstroke pulls off stupid feats in every other appearance

no expression

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 02:15 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote