KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Kingdom and Kingdom Come...Truth Revealed!!

Kingdom and Kingdom Come...Truth Revealed!!
Started by: UniOmni

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Kingdom and Kingdom Come...Truth Revealed!!

I've been seeing threads here and there, about how powerful the characters from that timeline are....

Its overblown.

I was rereading both books, and nobody did anything that stood out alot.
Even Gog, was a dud.

He wasn't faster than Flash, he simply followed his electron trail.
Nothing that Surfer or any hyper sensitive type couldn't do.

KC Superman wasn't that powerful in showings.
The best thing about him, was Luthor theorizing him being completely immune to K-nite.

Marvel got taken out by a bomb that amounts to 3 nukes, iirc. Low showing indeed.

Gog was strong, and had a time stream advantage. Plus he had a magic staff thingy.

He killed Mxy.......So what.

The story was great, as i was back when i first read it.
But the powerlevels are grossly overblown.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 05:59 PM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I agree that the powerlevels are overrated, but it was one of the best stories i have ever read, and I would recommend it to anyone.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 06:01 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

I have the Kingdom Come tpb and it's an awesome story, but I've seen people on the versus forum say that Kingdom Come Gog is near skyfather level. All i remember seeing him do is kill joker and pick up a house. I assumed he did something a little more impressive in The Kingdom, but I haven't read it.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 10:45 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Fake Macoy
Lousy Imitation

You're getting Magog and Gog confused.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 10:47 PM
The Fake Macoy is currently offline Click here to Send The Fake Macoy a Private Message Find more posts by The Fake Macoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Re: Kingdom and Kingdom Come...Truth Revealed!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by UniOmni
I've been seeing threads here and there, about how powerful the characters from that timeline are....

Its overblown.

I was rereading both books, and nobody did anything that stood out alot.
Even Gog, was a dud.

He wasn't faster than Flash, he simply followed his electron trail.
Nothing that Surfer or any hyper sensitive type couldn't do.

KC Superman wasn't that powerful in showings.
The best thing about him, was Luthor theorizing him being completely immune to K-nite.

Marvel got taken out by a bomb that amounts to 3 nukes, iirc. Low showing indeed.

Gog was strong, and had a time stream advantage. Plus he had a magic staff thingy.

He killed Mxy.......So what.

The story was great, as i was back when i first read it.
But the powerlevels are grossly overblown.
Yes, he was faster than Flash. Flash tried to rush him and he said with the electron trail he might as well be waving a flag.... He still had to outspeed him to grab him.
And even after that, Hunter tried to use his time bands to step between seconds even faster than Flash, and found that he was still far too slow.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 11:16 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, don't read KC for power levels.

Read for the story.

yes

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 11:22 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
invisiblewoman
Invisible Authority

i have it but i haven't read it yet embarrasment been so busy but it seems to have great reviews i guess i better get to it!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 11:33 PM
invisiblewoman is currently offline Click here to Send invisiblewoman a Private Message Find more posts by invisiblewoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Kingdom and Kingdom Come...Truth Revealed!!

Originally posted by Juntai
Yes, he was faster than Flash. Flash tried to rush him and he said with the electron trail he might as well be waving a flag.... He still had to outspeed him to grab him.
And even after that, Hunter tried to use his time bands to step between seconds even faster than Flash, and found that he was still far too slow.

Did you even read his post? He didn't outrun flash. Outrun means to be faster in running speed!

Good lord.

I know Uniomni from Superherochat. He may have a bias, but at the very least he's honest about power levels when it comes to DC.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 11:47 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Re: Re: Re: Kingdom and Kingdom Come...Truth Revealed!!

Originally posted by Howard_Jones
Did you even read his post? He didn't outrun flash. Outrun means to be faster in running speed!

Good lord.

I know Uniomni from Superherochat. He may have a bias, but at the very least he's honest about power levels when it comes to DC.
And did you read mine? He outreacted dozens of heros, including Flash himself, and Hunter passing between seconds greater than Flash, and to Gog he was still going too slow. Flash may have been waving the electron flag or whatever, but 1 - he was still passing at speed, and 2 - hunter was NOT giving off the electrons and was going faster, and still was too slow.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 11:50 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kingdom and Kingdom Come...Truth Revealed!!

And did you read mine? He outreacted dozens of heros, including Flash himself, and Hunter passing between seconds greater than Flash, and to Gog he was still going too slow. Flash may have been waving the electron flag or whatever, but 1 - he was still passing at speed, and 2 - hunter was NOT giving off the electrons and was going faster, and still was too slow.

Yeah, please stop flaunting your bias toward the power levels you think those characters are at.

I've seen two posts of yours and I already don't like you. Why do I have a feeling you haven't even read the comic? You probably just saw a scan of it and gave a twisted interpretation.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 11:52 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kingdom and Kingdom Come...Truth Revealed!!

Yeah, please stop flaunting your bias toward the power levels you think those characters are at.

I've seen two posts of yours and I already don't like you. Why do I have a feeling you haven't even read the comic? You probably just saw a scan of it and gave a twisted interpretation.
lmao. I'm not flaunting bias, I'm merely telling events that happened in them. And yes, I own both stories. Though I honestly wished I hadn't spent money on The Kingdom. smile

Old Post Nov 30th, 2006 11:54 PM
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kingdom and Kingdom Come...Truth Revealed!!

lmao. I'm not flaunting bias, I'm merely telling events that happened in them. And yes, I own both stories. Though I honestly wished I hadn't spent money on The Kingdom. smile

Understandable, becasue Kingdom was a horrible read, but you may wanna look over that again. Just make sure your eyes don't bleed.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 12:10 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kingdom and Kingdom Come...Truth Revealed!!

Understandable, becasue Kingdom was a horrible read, but you may wanna look over that again. Just make sure your eyes don't bleed.
I'm looking over it right now.
Gog was given "Godly knowledge and power" -- as per Highfather and The Quintessence saying so.... at levels vastly beyond any conventional hero and then some, as portrayed in the comics themselves.

Gogs staff had the power of a dozen red suns.

"Gog is more powerful than all of you combined." - Says Hunter -- who was sent as an agent of Phantom Stranger and thus knows the truth of who/what Gog is.-- while trying to save the heros, who included Supes, Wondy, Batman, Flash, a bunch of Amazons, Jade, Sentinal Alan Scott, Nabu the Lord of Order, Red Tornado, Barda, Zatarra, Powergirl, Hawkman, Nightstar, Lightray and others.[ A bunch of magics, cosmics, and a lord of order? Sounds pretty powerful to me.]

Gogs speed was first truly tested against Flash, of course, he was smacking around Wonder Woman and Supes before that, but Flash is the first real test. Also keep in mind that this is the Flash that is so fast he exists in multiple times and realities at once, even metaphysical ones.

Another thing is to consider that there is a barrier keeping Gog from using his time powers during the encounter- meaning he's using purely his power.
"When you move that quickly Flash you energize the electrons in your path. To my eyes you might as well be waving a flag."

On the very next page... Hunter says;
"No one has bothered to clock Gog's speed..[Apperently he missed the Flash encounter]. but if I use the power of these wristbands to step between nano-seconds, I have to be faster than him."

On the next page, it shows Hunter running up behind him-
"Not so fast."
"I beleive these wristbands are the devices which maintain your time barrier are they not? Were they not?"

And that type of stuff is just in issue 1.

In issue two we see the introduction of our current JLA, which are likewise useless against Gog. And tons of strategies that are equally useless. So even if you didn't find the Kingdom/Kingdom Come characters impressive, the inclusion of our JLA and all the feats they bring with them more than seals the deal.

When the two JLA's try to attack him,
they find that he's been siphoning off power of the Supermen he's been killing each day for years and years.. A trick he learned off of Amazo 2025.

On and on.

Last edited by Juntai on Dec 1st, 2006 at 01:06 AM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 12:51 AM
HaSon

First of all, nobody cares about The Kingdom.

Second, I rationalize CM's death by assuming he was in normal human form. He flew into the sky as CM obviously and said Shazam three times which would put him in human form. I don't really give a shit whether anyone agrees either.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 12:51 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Validus
First of all, nobody cares about The Kingdom.

Second, I rationalize CM's death by assuming he was in normal human form. He flew into the sky as CM obviously and said Shazam three times which would put him in human form. I don't really give a shit whether anyone agrees either.
I had the same conclusion.

Another thing to consider is that by the way they were talking. Supes would have easily survived it.

Supes says "I can stop the bomb, that much I'm sure of."
Giving his little speech to Billy.
It ended with "With a word, you can stop me."
And Supes says it's his choice to make.

I don't think Billy wanted to live anymore with all of his mistakes really.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 01:00 AM
HaSon

Well it generally doesn't make sense that Superman would survive, totally unharmed while CM would get utterly vaporized. Everyone else, even the human level guys left a skeleton and while CM was closer to the explosion he was vastly more powerful than anyone who died.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 01:06 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Re: Kingdom and Kingdom Come...Truth Revealed!!

Originally posted by UniOmni

Marvel said Shazam 3 times which means he was only Billy when the bomb exploded.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 01:14 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Validus
Well it generally doesn't make sense that Superman would survive, totally unharmed while CM would get utterly vaporized. Everyone else, even the human level guys left a skeleton and while CM was closer to the explosion he was vastly more powerful than anyone who died.
Yeah, I was merely pointing that out. I agree that Billy was in human form because of his SHAZAM SHAZAM SHAZAM!! bit. smile

It could also be argued that the events and therefore many of the deaths were part of Spectre's judgement. Since he said as much as the same time as the bomb was going to go off.

On a side-note, I got a good laugh out of Ameri-Commando appearing in Uncle Sam recently.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 01:26 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

I had the same conclusion.

Another thing to consider is that by the way they were talking. Supes would have easily survived it.

Supes says "I can stop the bomb, that much I'm sure of."
Giving his little speech to Billy.
It ended with "With a word, you can stop me."
And Supes says it's his choice to make.

I don't think Billy wanted to live anymore with all of his mistakes really.

But that bomb was supposed to be immune to any superpower, and they launced three just in case. You can see Superman's heat vision bounced off it. Still, Marvel's magic lightning managed to detonate it high up - Billy being in human form, that would make sense how he died.
I didn't read The Kingdom, because it's been widely regarded as an inferior follow up - it even said so on Alex Ross' Wiki bio, I think.

(Kingdom Come Flash didn't do all he seemed capable of, when you think about it.)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 05:19 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rorschach

This thing only amounts to 3 Nukes? confused

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d...ndingBattle.jpg

Old Post Dec 1st, 2006 06:17 PM
Rorschach is currently offline Click here to Send Rorschach a Private Message Find more posts by Rorschach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote