KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » 616 Wolverine and Ultimate Wolverine, a connection?

616 Wolverine and Ultimate Wolverine, a connection?
Started by: srankmissingnin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

616 Wolverine and Ultimate Wolverine, a connection?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: 616 Wolverine had a flash back to the scene from Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk, where he gets ripped in half in issue 50!

... What the heck does that mean? Does Post HoM 616 Wolverine have some sort of physic connection with alternate reality versions of him self since Wanda's meddling?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 07:00 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Hmm. Maybe this is one of their "untold" encountered. IIRC they were hinted to have some off panel fights?

Even better. Does this mean that that feat has ground in the 616 universe now? It does prove that Wolverine's joints aren't bound by adamantium, as opposed to some thinking so, so does this flashback now make that canon?

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 07:24 PM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jade Lightning

They could just be using the art from that issue instead of directly flashing back to that specific battle.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 07:25 PM
Jade Lightning is currently offline Click here to Send Jade Lightning a Private Message Find more posts by Jade Lightning Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

They weren't just re-using panels, the art was new and redrawn by McGuinness for the story.

It wasn't an "Untold" fight between 616 Wolverine and Hulk, as 616 Wolverine has never worn the Ultimate Wolverine uniform (which he points out in the issue). Wolverine is remembering his first fight with the Hulk (which is notably different this time around due to some reconts) and his memory is interupted by one of Ultimate Wolverine getting torn in half... and Wolverine is all "WTF?". Not sure how you came to the conclusion that Wolverine having a possible physic link to the memories of his Ultimate counterpart some how adds up to Ultimate Wolverine getting ripped in half = 616 Wolverine getting ripped in half, though. It still has no grounds in the normal marvel universe.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Last edited by srankmissingnin on Jan 24th, 2007 at 07:42 PM

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 07:39 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MightyEInherjar
Two Ravens Above Us

Any scans?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 07:46 PM
MightyEInherjar is currently offline Click here to Send MightyEInherjar a Private Message Find more posts by MightyEInherjar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Interesting. Ult. Wolverine is supposed to be getting his own series soon-ish so maybe this'll be one of the things that's addressed.

Any chance of scans... ?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 08:17 PM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Any scans?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 08:36 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 08:38 PM
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Heh, maybe they'll use this to explain why the Ult Hulk vs. Wolverine issues never come out. I think Loeb was supposed to be the one writing the Ult. Wolvie series aswell, so obviously he's got plans.

Thanks for the scans.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 08:46 PM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

That's got to have some relevance to 616. I've never before seen any sort of 616/Ultimate merging before. Perhaps it is supposed to be some off-panel action that happened later? Possibly merged memories?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 08:51 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Interesting...

But Marvel did say they wouldn't do an Ultimate/616 crossover until they were "all out of ideas." I doubt this will lead to anything major.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 09:09 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Metalmanx
That's got to have some relevance to 616. I've never before seen any sort of 616/Ultimate merging before. Perhaps it is supposed to be some off-panel action that happened later? Possibly merged memories?

Merging of memories is what I was thinking too.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 09:13 PM
Citizen V.

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Heh, maybe they'll use this to explain why the Ult Hulk vs. Wolverine issues never come out. I think Loeb was supposed to be the one writing the Ult. Wolvie series aswell, so obviously he's got plans.

Thanks for the scans.

B-I-N-G-O, this is most likely. It's like an "In-joke" seeing as Ult Hulk vs Wolverine is cancelled. but yeah.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 09:15 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Merging of memories is what I was thinking too.

Seems likely.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 09:19 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Definitely an In-joke

Anyway , we wont be seeing any more 'Ult Wolvie V Hulk' until that pathetic excuse for a writer ends his crap-stain of a show and tries to Stark on issue 3.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 09:27 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

If you notice Wolverine says, "What the Hell was that Uniform?" That puzzled me at the end as well.

And, "I hate Canada."

Does anyone know the differences between the normal issue and the all black and White issue?

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 09:45 PM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
If you notice Wolverine says, "What the Hell was that Uniform?" That puzzled me at the end as well.

And, "I hate Canada."

Does anyone know the differences between the normal issue and the all black and White issue?

Because 616 Wolverine has never seen Ultimate Wolverine's uniform...

The black and white issue is just inked versions of Bianchi's pencils... not sure if it has the McGuinness side story.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 09:47 PM
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 10:36 PM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by NiņoAraņa
wow

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...ine_050_034.jpg

everyone hates Canadia shifty

I don't hate Canadia - I buy Canadia everytime I go to the variety store! stick out tongue

Seriously - they cancelled the miniseries?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 24th, 2007 11:31 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

I can tell you what it is.

Crap writing.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2007 12:03 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote