KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » thanos and mephisto

thanos and mephisto
Started by: xmeat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xmeat
Restricted

Account Restricted

thanos and mephisto

people always say mephisto was thanos ***** is this true?

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 05:11 AM
xmeat is currently offline Click here to Send xmeat a Private Message Find more posts by xmeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Power-wise, not sure. Mephisto is very inconsistent. I personally think he's a vastly overrated pansy. laughing But he is a legitimate high end cosmic. It's just that he's in the same league as Galactus and others, in his own world, and most of that level is way over him. Outside his place, he's kind of a loser. laughing But in everything else, Thanos owns his ass. And with some prep, or in neutral ground, I'm fairly certain Thanos could pull out the wins.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 05:26 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mephisto is Odin level. End of story.

Thanos used the IG to make him his *****. Mephisto would tear normal Thanos alive.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 05:44 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

In Infinity War, (or the other one) when Thanos gave Mephisto the dud cosmic cube, Mephisto was angry and yelling threats at Thanos but didn't do anything about it, and Thanos didn't seem even remotely worried about him (if Mephisto was that powerful, why didn't he just kill Thanos for his "treachery"?). And earlier in that series when Mephisto appeared in his true form to Warlock and Thanos, neither of them were impressed or phased in the slightest. At the very least Thanos doesn't seem that worried about Mephisto.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 09:44 AM
Wally West is currently offline Click here to Send Wally West a Private Message Find more posts by Wally West Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wally West
In Infinity War, (or the other one) when Thanos gave Mephisto the dud cosmic cube, Mephisto was angry and yelling threats at Thanos but didn't do anything about it, and Thanos didn't seem even remotely worried about him (if Mephisto was that powerful, why didn't he just kill Thanos for his "treachery"?). And earlier in that series when Mephisto appeared in his true form to Warlock and Thanos, neither of them were impressed or phased in the slightest. At the very least Thanos doesn't seem that worried about Mephisto.

Yet then he goes on to fighting Galactus in a seemingly stalemate battle roll eyes (sarcastic)

-_-

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 10:50 AM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Wally West
I think it has to do with place of power. Most know that outside his realm, Mephisto has a serious decrease in power. Adam and Thanos knew his limits when he appeared aboard their ship.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 06:30 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmeat
Restricted

Account Restricted

ah

Old Post Mar 6th, 2007 10:12 PM
xmeat is currently offline Click here to Send xmeat a Private Message Find more posts by xmeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmeat
Restricted

Account Restricted

IT SEEMED STRANGE HOW MEPHISTO FIGHTS ODIN AND GALACTUS BUT IS GETTING DISSED BY THANOS.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 02:24 AM
Solidus Snake
The General

i think its because demons are limited by "rules"

they cant/shouldnt claim souls or prizes unjustly. if thanos had a functioning unit and refused to give it up, i believe mephisto would have incinerated him. mayhap.

but since he was bested fair and square, he couldnt do didly

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 03:27 AM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

You also have to remember that no matter what else happens, Mephisto considers himself the Lord of Evil. Thanos's evil is know universally, and I'm sure Mephisto sees himself as benefiting from keeping Thanos alive even if they end up working against each other sometimes in the comics(which has only happened two or three times I believe, and Thanos is has been evil for thousands years). Even if Thanos really pisses him off, he's just to useful(and powerful) for Mephisto to have around. I mean, what if someone else like the Goddess pops up and Mephisto needs help taking them out again?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 06:37 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambient
MAJIN_OVERLORD

I consider him to be a universal jobber similar to that of Champion/Terrax.. Even outside his realm he should be at the very least high skyfather inside abstract level..

My Artwork

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 06:40 AM
Ambient is currently offline Click here to Send Ambient a Private Message Find more posts by Ambient Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider999
Restricted

Account Restricted

when did he fight odin

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 09:29 PM
Mider999 is currently offline Click here to Send Mider999 a Private Message Find more posts by Mider999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Mider999
when did he fight odin
What-If.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2007 09:31 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmeat
Restricted

Account Restricted

bup

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 03:05 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Personally I'd say mephisto is maybe 3-4 times an average surfer power-level wise.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2007 12:45 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmeat
Restricted

Account Restricted

sobump

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 04:29 AM