KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Spiderman: Reign (Possible Spoilers)

Spiderman: Reign (Possible Spoilers)
Started by: tjcoady

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
tjcoady

Spiderman: Reign (Possible Spoilers)

Alright, so I finally managed to read the fourth and final issue of the mini, Spiderman: Reign. I really enjoyed it, and I was curious to know what other people thought of it.

I had a few criticisms of it: the art is kind of sub-par at points, although the overall texture and feel of the art is really strong, most of the time powerfully reflecting the plot and text (like the earlier despair of Peter Parker, hallucinating about his wife and trying to push away his responsibilities and powers is mirrored by the brutal feel of the art). sometimes, it gets really weak though.

also, the continuing device of the children's rhymes, while it worked some of the time, got a little pretentious.

overall, though, I loved it. a question though.. for anyone who's read it, how does it stack up to The Dark Knight Returns?

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 11:55 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's a thread for this in the Spider-Man Forum

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Mar 17th, 2007 03:35 PM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NiņoAraņa
theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's a thread for this in the Spider-Man Forum

thanks so much, I forgot to check there, because I rarely go on the non versus or this forum.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2007 03:03 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tjcoady
thanks so much, I forgot to check there, because I rarely go on the non versus or this forum.
it's koolsmile

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Mar 18th, 2007 03:15 AM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote