KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » KMC Civil War (or issue rather).

Whose side are you on?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Pro-Scan 7 53.85%
Anti-Scan 1 7.69%
Neutral 3 23.08%
I can't take life anymore! 2 15.38%
Total: 13 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KMC Civil War (or issue rather).
Started by: Grinning Goku

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Grinning Goku

Angry KMC Civil War (or issue rather).

Hey members, how are ya? Just followed through with this idea when I did a forum search to ensure that a thread identical to this one didn't exist. Now, I don't know if you want to make a role-playing thing out of it, but I initially planned for it to be an opinion poll. I'm beginning to think that would be a bit drab, so any suggestions are welcome. Hey, maybe we could take on some Civil War personas. The sides are (prosaically), Pro-Scan, and Anti-Scan.

In 2007, the KMC comic community will be divided. Those will clairvoyance saw this coming;
the stupid ones though, didn't. There will be bloodshed. Scanners will crack like the volatile "friendships" of its clerisy. Things will never be the same. The illegal act of scanning and the uploading of copyrighted material has been deemed morally unscrupulous by many comic book devotees. They say scanning must stop in order to keep the industry alive. They cry, "Catch 22!"

Others feel that they reserve the right to "preview" a comic, or an arc in order to determine if they will buy it or not. They don't see the logic in passing up a free read; after all, things are tough nowadays. Scanning has occurs outside the vacuum of KMC, though. There are other forums, Internet scanning guilds, and peer-to-peer software, each of which peels away layers from the comic book industry’s fat-cats’ corpulent carcasses (a little strong, I know). Some say it's the way of the future. Digital media, not print will eventually triumph.

Also, they say that industry will strike out at these pirates through using the justice system. Quite analogous to the Kazaa subpoenas from a few years back, Marvel and DC plan to sue the Superman and Spider-Man undies off of the pirates, making an example of each and every male adolescent who would dare use a scanner to… scan things! The only question that remains brothers is, "What do you say?"

Nota Bene: Digi, Tron, or Paola, please feel free to close it if there is something too similar, or if the idea just sucks.

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 04:55 PM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: KMC Civil War (or issue rather).

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Hey members, how are ya? Just followed through with this idea when I did a forum search to ensure that a thread identical to this one didn't exist. Now, I don't know if you want to make a role-playing thing out of it, but I initially planned for it to be an opinion poll. I'm beginning to think that would be a bit drab, so any suggestions are welcome. Hey, maybe we could take on some Civil War personas. The sides are (prosaically), Pro-Scan, and Anti-Scan.

In 2007, the KMC comic community will be divided. Those will clairvoyance saw this coming;
the stupid ones though, didn't. There will be bloodshed. Scanners will crack like the volatile "friendships" of its clerisy. Things will never be the same. The illegal act of scanning and the uploading of copyrighted material has been deemed morally unscrupulous by many comic book devotees. They say scanning must stop in order to keep the industry alive. They cry, "Catch 22!"

Others feel that they reserve the right to "preview" a comic, or an arc in order to determine if they will buy it or not. They don't see the logic in passing up a free read; after all, things are tough nowadays. Scanning has occurs outside the vacuum of KMC, though. There are other forums, Internet scanning guilds, and peer-to-peer software, each of which peels away layers from the comic book industry’s fat-cats’ corpulent carcasses (a little strong, I know). Some say it's the way of the future. Digital media, not print will eventually triumph.

Also, they say that industry will strike out at these pirates through using the justice system. Quite analogous to the Kazaa subpoenas from a few years back, Marvel and DC plan to sue the Superman and Spider-Man undies off of the pirates, making an example of each and every male adolescent who would dare use a scanner to… scan things! The only question that remains brothers is, "What do you say?"

Nota Bene: Digi, Tron, or Paola, please feel free to close it if there is something too similar, or if the idea just sucks.

I will always be on the good side

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 05:05 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I will always be Pro-scan until they start thinking more of the European market, closest comic book shop is 135 miles from me (and I live in the 6th biggest city of Norway) and all they do is import stuff from the US of their own initiative making one comic cost like 6$.

However if DC/Marvel would consider starting to sell stuff directly to us then I might start buying more comics.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 05:11 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Pro Scan , Europe (Even Britain) is fairly isolated comic book wise. Hell i'll even take the Cap role in this little idea of ours.

MAGIKS ASSEMBLE !

*Raises Avatar Shield*

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 06:30 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Pro scan as in "Showing specific panels/feats/events/etc. to share info about a character" (think of respect threads)? Then yeah, I'm for.

Or pro scan as in "illegal, breaking the law, and making cliched and groundless excuses to pirate material off the internet"? If so, I'm whole-heartedly against.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 06:45 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Combat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Live in britain. My closest real comic shop is in another city. The capital of the country actually. In mine we have ONE comic stall that appears Saturday and onyl Saturday, the dude is tight and is an ass.

F**k him and the industry, they wanna make the comics so expensive then expect me to get 100s for free.

I am very touchy on the matter.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 06:55 PM
Combat is currently offline Click here to Send Combat a Private Message Find more posts by Combat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Anyone can find pretty much any comic via the internet, some for very cheap, and the fact that you're on KMC means you have internet access. No reason to get touchy...it's just a matter of putting a little effort into it rather than prematurely screwing the system.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 06:58 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Combat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just hate that they are rich and give jack back.

Nice to meet you BTW.

(I introduce myself politely to everyone I speak to lol)

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 07:11 PM
Combat is currently offline Click here to Send Combat a Private Message Find more posts by Combat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Same to you. smile

But the comics industry was sh*t out of luck less than a decade ago. It's not like they're all millionaires.

Besides, every industry has rich bastards....at least you enjoy reading comics, and the writers are (supposedly) doing a service for their reader fnabase...so it's a lesser evil than, say, wheat bread tycoons.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 07:13 PM
Donkey Punch
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Combat
Live in britain. My closest real comic shop is in another city. The capital of the country actually. In mine we have ONE comic stall that appears Saturday and onyl Saturday, the dude is tight and is an ass.

F**k him and the industry, they wanna make the comics so expensive then expect me to get 100s for free.

I am very touchy on the matter.

And then God said 'Let there be Subscriptions' and all the English southern Fairies where satisfied. smile

Mate try Orbital comics in London, they will post comics to you. I live on the island of Jersey a lot of the time, and this is the only way i get comics. smile

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 07:14 PM
Donkey Punch is currently offline Click here to Send Donkey Punch a Private Message Find more posts by Donkey Punch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Funny how people try to defend themselves instead of simply admitting, "Yeah, I steal other people's hard work. I rip off money they should be receiving, all while they provide me with a form of entertainment I enjoy. Yeah, I'm a jackass."

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 07:16 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Re: KMC Civil War (or issue rather).

Originally posted by Grinning Goku

I can just see how this will turn out. Scoobless will be asked by the powers that be of KMC to lead the pro-scan group. He will refuse and become the leader of the anti-scan underground movement. Instead Digimark will become the leader of the pro-scan forces.

After much violence and blood shed with fellow poster vs poster ( and halfway through the banning of a minor poster, me stick out tongue) like an out of control comic book vs forum and the dust finally settles, Digi's pro-scan movement forces will emerge victorious. Scoob will have had the best one liners and and cool moments in the event because he is my parody of Cap, however when the war is lost, he will be banned in the #25 issue of his own series on some courthouse steps. This act will receive great media attention from forums world wide and KMC will mourn the loss of a forum legend.

Farewell Captain Americ....umm I mean Scoobless.........

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 08:17 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Originally posted by H. S. 6
Funny how people try to defend themselves instead of simply admitting, "Yeah, I steal other people's hard work. I rip off money they should be receiving, all while they provide me with a form of entertainment I enjoy. Yeah, I'm a jackass."

I have absolutely no problem in admitting that.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 08:22 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by "V"
I have absolutely no problem in admitting that.

First step. thumb up

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 08:24 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiñoAraña
Bang Bang

neutral....i buy comics, and only use internet comics to scope what i'm going to buy next

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 08:40 PM
NiñoAraña is currently offline Click here to Send NiñoAraña a Private Message Find more posts by NiñoAraña Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vally-Doosh
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Pro scan as in "Showing specific panels/feats/events/etc. to share info about a character" (think of respect threads)? Then yeah, I'm for.

Or pro scan as in "illegal, breaking the law, and making cliched and groundless excuses to pirate material off the internet"? If so, I'm whole-heartedly against.

You are starting to sound a lot like Iron man digi....a lot like Iron Man.........................

Jason says:
what am I supposed to do?
Jon says:
clean your apt before she moves in? buy some pink bed sheets? scented candles?
Jason says:
wait, u have pink bed sheets?
Jon says:
ive said too much

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 08:56 PM
Vally-Doosh is currently offline Click here to Send Vally-Doosh a Private Message Find more posts by Vally-Doosh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

If they wanted my money then they could bother to sell them in my country. as it is now I only import Spidey comics and random TPBs now and then (Batman and main events) but the other tie-ins to events I download, like the Wolverine, FF, New Avenger parts in Civil War and such.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 09:04 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tsilamini

Completely, there are lots of terrible arguments for pirating material

It’s sad that people need to feel justified in what they are doing, not only to themselves but in the eyes of others, hence why they make up:

Originally posted by DigiMark007

"cliched and groundless excuses to pirate material off the internet"?

There are some valid arguments that go into legal minutia about what the "right to distribute" really means, and especially in how to associate p2p sharing with stealing profits. It becomes complicated and I'm certainly no lawyer, but needless to say, the internet is still kind of grey area. Selling a pirated DVD on the street for money is REALLY different from allowing someone to take digital information from one computer and put it on another pretty much anonymously and without any monetary transaction. A really good question then becomes ‘who owns the material on your computer?’

However, I don't think I'd take a pro scan side in an argument. I really don't think it would be in anyone's best interest to try and legitimize stealing such unimportant things as comics.

Certainly I will continue to pirate material in pretty much any medium it becomes available. As far as I am concerned, if you have a problem with that, its your issue for being so judgemental stick out tongue.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 09:10 PM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I regulary buy at least 3 different comic titles plus at least 2 one-shots per month...but they are easily over two years late. I see no harm in reading downloaded comics to keep up with the storylines, and I sure as hell don't have money to regulary order titles from overseas and pay the shipping costs for anything else then tradepaperbacks.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 09:13 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
I regulary buy at least 3 different comic titles plus at least 2 one-shots per month...but they are easily over two years late. I see no harm in reading downloaded comics to keep up with the storylines, and I sure as hell don't have money to regulary order titles from overseas and pay the shipping costs for anything else then tradepaperbacks.

What I meant to say but didn't bother to formulate my previous post that good.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2007 09:25 PM