KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Cosmic Snore Fests

Cosmic Snore Fests
Started by: CasanoVa

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Citizen V.

Cosmic Snore Fests

I must ask for all those cosmic likers out there (I'm not talking about people like Silver Surfer, Nova, Firelord or the like. I mean things like LT, Inbetweener, Celestials etc.) fans out there just: Why?

I personally find these things beyond deathly boring, I cannot see how anybody out there could find these transcendent beings so interesting and have them be there favourite character.

I'm not critisizing other peoples tastes, I just fail to see why so many people get hung up about it and find it so interesting.

Anybody care to explain?

Last edited by Citizen V. on Apr 6th, 2007 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 11:31 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiņoAraņa
Bang Bang

i agree actually

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Apr 6th, 2007 11:38 PM
NiņoAraņa is currently offline Click here to Send NiņoAraņa a Private Message Find more posts by NiņoAraņa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Actually, co-signed. It always perplexed me how people could debate for pages over inherently contradictory abstract stuff. And also why they even cared so much.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 03:18 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Agree. Most of the high tier cosmic beings don't even have an actual character to be a fan of.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 03:21 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

As a cosmic guy, I have to say... I have no freaking clue.

I guess it's just that when you've got such high powered beings, all there fights have a "Biggest thing ever" feel. And that they're so beyond the ordinary hero, that even the strongest character gets awed.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 03:24 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider999
Restricted

Account Restricted

i like cosmic stuff but what i hate is how they are suppose to defeat everyone its not even consistent though, odin a skyfather who has cosmic power can drive out infinity a cosmic being of eternity level or just under him, oh and surfer he has more durability feets then the guy who gave him his power, even in the recent annihilation, and thanos, everyone he fights the guy has to come out on top or almost on top, just barely losing.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 04:09 AM
Mider999 is currently offline Click here to Send Mider999 a Private Message Find more posts by Mider999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I wouldn't mind them if there were only a few, but they add more and more all the time and it just gets ridiculous. The Living Tribunal is cool, and at one point Galactus meant something big was going down, but you start adding Eternity and Beyonder and blah blah blah...everyone just gets classified as "better than everyone" which is illogical.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 04:55 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
As a cosmic guy, I have to say... I have no freaking clue.

I guess it's just that when you've got such high powered beings, all there fights have a "Biggest thing ever" feel. And that they're so beyond the ordinary hero, that even the strongest character gets awed.

I can see why somebody could like, Galactus say.. Because he has SO many appearances and he's pretty well explained and has quite a good back-story, but alot of the other abstracts have pretty much no character; other than they stand around and talk every now and then.

I couldn't possibly see how the likes of Mr Master & GS can debate about if for page after page after page confused

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 10:48 AM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Well.......they must be budding philosophers or something?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 10:49 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jumpmann
Glower of Eyes

Annihilation is made to sound like one of the greatest crossovers ever by some of these cosmic nuts...it was slightly above average on a whole.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 11:02 AM
jumpmann is currently offline Click here to Send jumpmann a Private Message Find more posts by jumpmann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Annihilation was good, but it isn't at the level that the original poster was talking about.

He means oblivion, entropy, eternity, lords of chaos, order, the in-betweener, living Tribunal, etc.

Things that are high on the cosmic ladder.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:20 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I like how they present an aura of grandeur, to show that something is really, really important, on an epic scale.

I mean, who here honestly didn't like Infinity Gauntlet?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 02:10 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Endless Mike
I like how they present an aura of grandeur, to show that something is really, really important, on an epic scale.

That's what I was trying to say.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 02:56 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Higher cosmics are ok but there only 'frikkin bad-ass' when they dwarf the known.

IE : The Celestials , Space Gods whom utilise PLANETS as weapons.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 03:36 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

This is why I'm not much of a Superman fan...

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 03:57 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by Skeets
This is why I'm not much of a Superman fan...

laughing out loud

IG was good but how long ago was that? I think that's pretty much the last time these characters were involved in something interesting.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 07:55 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Moot point. I did too, but it had interesting characters and plot...which had very little to do with the ever-boring abstracts. Adam Warlock and Thanos carried that arc on their backs. I can't remember 1 interesting thing that happened in the "abstract pantheon"...and the battles were cool, but you don't need universe-destroying battles for it to be meaningful. The story was simply done well.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 08:48 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider999
Restricted

Account Restricted

galactus use to be the greatest power in the universe when he first came out according ot the watcher i believe the only time he got owned was when he fought the beyonder.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 10:40 PM
Mider999 is currently offline Click here to Send Mider999 a Private Message Find more posts by Mider999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Actually, Galactus was originally supposed to be less powerful than Odin (back in the 60s, Odin was stated to be the strongest being in Marvel)

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 10:45 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

Originally posted by CasanoVa
I must ask for all those cosmic likers out there (I'm not talking about people like Silver Surfer, Nova, Firelord or the like. I mean things like LT, Inbetweener, Celestials etc.) fans out there just: Why?

I personally find these things beyond deathly boring, I cannot see how anybody out there could find these transcendent beings so interesting and have them be there favourite character.

I'm not critisizing other peoples tastes, I just fail to see why so many people get hung up about it and find it so interesting.

Anybody care to explain?

To be honest the same can be said for other charcters, i just can't see why people would find characters like, batman, spiderman and wolverine interesting no offence. But like you said everyone has their own tatses.

i just find them as better characters and bigger/more involved stories and shit blowing up, if something was to happen with the cosmic charcters it would have or potentially effect on the whole universe not just America, thats what probablty draws me to it.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 10:52 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote