KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Green Arrow: Year One.

Green Arrow: Year One.
Started by: WrathfulDwarf

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Green Arrow: Year One.

Starts in July. It's a mini series in which we get to see how Ollie becomes Green Arrow in that island. The artwork looks pretty good. Should be interesting.

I'm thinking of picking it up along with Black Canary series.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 10:03 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

Writer?artist?

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 10:48 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

GREEN ARROW: YEAR ONE #1 (OF 6)

Written by Andy Diggle; Art and Cover by Jock

The incredible creative team of writer Andy Diggle and artist Jock (THE LOSERS) rejoin to tell the definitive origin of the Emerald Archer! Oliver Queen is a frivolous playboy with little care for anyone or anything — apparently even himself. But when he's double-crossed and marooned on a desert island he finds that he does care about something... justice!

http://dccomics.com/comics/?cm=7691

Even though I dropped the main book last week,[the upcoming arcs don't really appeal to me, and I'm getting sick of Winnick.] I'll probably pick this one up.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 10:59 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Juntai
Oliver Queen is a frivolous playboy with little care for anyone or anything — apparently even himself. But when he's double-crossed and marooned on a desert island he finds that he does care about something... justice!

Wow, doesn't get more corny than that.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 11:04 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathstroke
Slayer

I've kinda started to get interested in GA recently so I might have to pick this up.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 11:22 PM
Deathstroke is currently offline Click here to Send Deathstroke a Private Message Find more posts by Deathstroke Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Originally posted by Skeets
Writer?artist?

Originally posted by Juntai
GREEN ARROW: YEAR ONE #1 (OF 6)

Written by Andy Diggle; Art and Cover by Jock

The incredible creative team of writer Andy Diggle and artist Jock (THE LOSERS) rejoin to tell the definitive origin of the Emerald Archer! Oliver Queen is a frivolous playboy with little care for anyone or anything — apparently even himself. But when he's double-crossed and marooned on a desert island he finds that he does care about something... justice!

http://dccomics.com/comics/?cm=7691

^ What he said....

Old Post Apr 16th, 2007 11:47 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

i have a feeling they're going to do something stupid. how are they going to make a six issue arc about being stuck on ****ing deserted island? i hope they don't introduce "the arrow god" and make ollie his avatar or something unforgivable like that

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 01:04 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiñoAraña
Bang Bang

Originally posted by manorastroman
i have a feeling they're going to do something stupid. how are they going to make a six issue arc about being stuck on ****ing deserted island? i hope they don't introduce "the arrow god" and make ollie his avatar or something unforgivable like that
3-4 ishs about him training himself and overcoming savages

then the last two about him taking dow who were responsible for putting him there?

IMO, but what do i know?

Sigs W/L/T 1/6/0 AMC

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 01:08 AM
NiñoAraña is currently offline Click here to Send NiñoAraña a Private Message Find more posts by NiñoAraña Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

There are lots of ways they can take it. As Nino said show him training and overcoming challenges and then even show his adjustment to the real world, tracking those who wronged him and adopting a new outlook on life. I'm looking forward to it and hope they keep things "grounded".

Also since GA's current series will end at issue 75 there is a rumour that his title will be renamed/restarted along with Black Canary as they as supposed to get married. At least thats a guess because a future ish og GA has him proposing.

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 01:49 AM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

His latest series has been awesome. His whole deal of learning to be more deathstrokey by learning from deathstroke's master thing was pretty interesting.

The whole series has been great.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 05:21 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by long pig
His latest series has been awesome. His whole deal of learning to be more deathstrokey by learning from deathstroke's master thing was pretty interesting.

The whole series has been great.

I agree. I'm not normally too big on Judd Winnicks writing but GA has been great and very interesting. Thats why I'm at a loss as to why they would cancel it.

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 11:40 AM
marvelprince is currently offline Click here to Send marvelprince a Private Message Find more posts by marvelprince Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Me too I loved it hence my respect thread. I'm pretty sure some scans of the upcoming series will eventually find their way into the GA respect thread yes

Old Post Apr 17th, 2007 12:36 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by marvelprince
I agree. I'm not normally too big on Judd Winnicks writing but GA has been great and very interesting. Thats why I'm at a loss as to why they would cancel it.

It's funny as well. And not in the stupid way like Spiderman.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Apr 18th, 2007 04:31 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Recent article:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=119545

Looking forward to the storyline.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 06:19 PM
HaSon

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Wow, doesn't get more corny than that.

No kidding. Sounds like the plot of a straight to dvd movie. laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 06:33 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Anyone else been reading this? I've read the first two issues and both were pretty good.

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 04:41 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I read the first issue, but I changed my mind and decided it would be better to wait for the trade yes

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 10:41 AM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marvelprince
Illuminati Founder

Ah. Well I think it comes out every 2 weeks or so I've just been picking them up as they come out. What did you think of the first ish?

Sig by The Pittman

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 12:15 PM
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Originally posted by willRules
I read the first issue, but I changed my mind and decided it would be better to wait for the trade yes
See? That's comic business is failing with some issues...

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 12:35 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

I've been collecting, the first two issues were awesome. I haven't quite gotten through last weeks stack of comics yet, so the third issue will take me a bit to get to.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 12:38 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote