KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Alan Moore)

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Alan Moore)
Started by: SnakeEyes

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (Alan Moore)

I checked out the 2 volumes of this from the library not too long ago and plan on reading them soon.

Opinions?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post May 13th, 2007 12:28 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Great series , absolutely awesome. As a Brit it honestly makes me feel pretty patriotic. Plus i'm a big fan of WOTW so the inclusion of Martians in Vol 2 made me pretty damn happy.

Alan Moore is a goddamn genius though , he's (basically) written the ultimate fanfiction crossover AND had it published.

I'm only missing Vol 1 , had a chance to pick it up a month or two back but decided to grab the Marvel Zombies Hardcover....

Old Post May 13th, 2007 07:17 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Haha.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 07:22 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

quote: (post)
Originally posted by grey fox
Alan Moore is a goddamn genius though , he's (basically) written the ultimate fanfiction crossover AND had it published.
yes It's like one of those crappy crossover fics on FF.net, except good. eek!

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 07:57 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Darth Macabre
yes It's like one of those crappy crossover fics on FF.net, except good. eek!

Not ALL of them are crappy.

Old Post May 13th, 2007 01:29 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Not ALL of them are crappy.

....no expression.

By that, I'm taking a wild guess and saying that Grey Fox has had stuff published there.

And it was probably crappy too. stick out tongue.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post May 13th, 2007 06:23 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Soljer
....no expression.

By that, I'm taking a wild guess and saying that Grey Fox has had stuff published there.

And it was probably crappy too. stick out tongue.

...yes ok. I have an account and I can admit alot of my work there is pretty bad. I've only recently began to write some stuff which is 'ok'.

Heres an exert from my later work. It hasn't been Beta'd so expect crappy spelling. My punctuation could also do with a little work....

quote:

The sky….it was blue.

A barely noticeable fact for some ; but when your stuck in a pure white room for eighty five percent of your time you tend to notice sublte , small…maybe even ’incosequentuial’ things such as that.

He also noticed the ground arriving at breakneck speeds.

He ? Ahh yes…the Hero of the story.

Why is he the Hero ? Well, who else would be wearing such an awesome suti ? How awesome you ask ? Green with black checkers babay , only a true protagonist could get away with wearing something so tacky and not spontaneously combust.

The cut,couler and size of the Hero’s suit honeslty didn’t matter though. ; what did matter however was his landing, or to be more exact how his landing would succed without turning the ‘designated parking zone’ into a large crater. Not to mention his organs into soup.

Mathematics passed through his mind , logic, numbers sequences ectera ectera. If he could just calculate the exact distance , angle and speed then he could slow his descent and li-

……

*WHAM*

……

Our Champion then learned a very important lesson ; no matter how smart you think you are, your still gravity’s *****.

Too long, he’d been away far too long.

“Dammit!” , his fist slammed into the wall , a more simplistic way of releasing his agression then say…destroying a whole Solar System. One kusn’t abuse ones authorities powers after all , t’would be unbecoming.

The letter stated the problem in a simple fashion. He’d left a story going too long ; thus something had (in the time honoured tradition of all thigns within our humble universe) screwed up. Fanfiction Net had a unique way of dealing with problems like this.

Namely death, with lots of torture and scalding hot coals preferably.

He wasn’t particularly looking forward to being ‘flamed’ to death , but neither was he fond of enteringa unmanned story that he’d practically left to die. While it’s occupants didn’t notice this, the reality itself did.

Things ussualy became complicated afterwards ; so , without even a goodbye to his audence he grasped his hat , jamming it on his head and left, a sigh his only ‘farewell’

Thigns were boudn to go wrong…he just knew it !

Old Post May 13th, 2007 07:24 PM
-K-M-

Couldn't believe how Hyde killed the Invisible Man...yesh! Now that's ownage

Old Post May 13th, 2007 07:40 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Couldn't believe how Hyde killed the Invisible Man...yesh! Now that's ownage

More like Ass-Rapeage

Old Post May 13th, 2007 07:42 PM
-K-M-

More like Ass-Rapeage

Literally

Old Post May 13th, 2007 07:44 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Literally

laughing

Old Post May 13th, 2007 07:49 PM
Mider999
Restricted

Account Restricted

there is a new volume comming out called black dossier

Old Post May 14th, 2007 01:02 AM
Mider999 is currently offline Click here to Send Mider999 a Private Message Find more posts by Mider999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Interesting. I will always hold Alan Moore at the highest level. For stuff like the killing joke (that was him, right?) V for Vendetta and Watchmen.

I read the first volume of this and I was astounded. Great art work, spectacular dialogue, and superb pacing.

Btw, I've written some fanfiction as well. And your stuff isn't that bad. thumb up

Old Post May 14th, 2007 01:25 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider999
Restricted

Account Restricted

if you wanna see black dossier up for pre order to go amazon.com

Old Post May 14th, 2007 02:41 AM
Mider999 is currently offline Click here to Send Mider999 a Private Message Find more posts by Mider999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Mider999
if you wanna see black dossier up for pre order to go amazon.com

Yeah i had been waiting for TBD for a while , earlier this year (around January i think confused ) I checked the release date.

FRIGGIN OCTOBER !!!!

Old Post May 14th, 2007 05:26 AM
Mider999
Restricted

Account Restricted

good things come to those who............OH HELL JUST PRINT IT AND SELL IT ALREADY

Old Post May 14th, 2007 06:44 AM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

More like Ass-Rapeage

Alright, I just finished volumes 1 and 2 and the only part I was confused on was how Hyde killed Griffin.

I know he raped him first, but what did he do next?

Maybe I'm blatantly missing something, but an explanation would ne nice.

Anyway, I thought the volumes were great. MUCH better than the excuse of a film.

Old Post May 17th, 2007 05:08 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Old Post May 19th, 2007 08:51 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Anyone care to enlighten me?

I'd assume rape followed with severe beating/bone breakage. Hyde doesn't seem the type to go into a detailed 'carve you up' style of torture. He'd probably do something Marv esq.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 09:09 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Seems logical.

It was just confusing to me how the blood started appearing all over the table randomly and then Nemo ran into the other room and apparently saw whatever Hyde did to him.

I guess I just didn't understand the whole table/blood appearing scene.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 09:26 PM