KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Initiative: The Mighty Avengers #3

The Initiative: The Mighty Avengers #3
Started by: Jebus reborn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

The Initiative: The Mighty Avengers #3

Did anyone else read this?

It has great art, and has a Next Gen version of Ultron, in which Sentry fights her.
He basically gets his ass handed to him during the whole fight.

Low showing, or a new powerful revised version of Ultron?

Also, it has a very suprising ending, that seems like another move forward for Marvel if true...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Tony Stark is apparently dead.

Last edited by One Big Mob on May 18th, 2007 at 03:57 AM

Old Post May 18th, 2007 03:54 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: The Initiative: The Mighty Avenger #3

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Jebus reborn
Did anyone else read this?

It has great art, and has a Next Gen version of Ultron, in which Sentry fights her.
He basically gets his ass handed to him during the whole fight.

Low showing, or a new powerful revised version of Ultron?

Also, it has a very suprising ending, that seems like another move forward for Marvel if true...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Tony Stark is apparently dead.

Its a good story smile

thank u bz

Old Post May 18th, 2007 03:58 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

The arc is too drawn out for my taste. It turned into just another "Sentry dont kill him, just keep him busy so we can figure something". Seems like keepin the adversary busy is sentry's only job.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post May 18th, 2007 03:59 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

It's good.

And Bran, I think you have the Sentry thing wrong. They're going H2H for the entire fight, until the end, when she pulls a cheap shot [SPOILER - highlight to read]: with the helicarrier.

And, as always, he was holding back. AND he's been written like a child for the Mighty A's. So I think it's alright.

The art was great, and everything was visually appealing, besides my minor complaints of Ultron's chest being all over the place, Wasp's hair sucking (but Ultron's being fine...), and Black Widow's ass cheek being significantly larger then her head.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 04:14 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Child Rebel
Blackout

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
It's good.

And Bran, I think you have the Sentry thing wrong. They're going H2H for the entire fight, until the end, when she pulls a cheap shot [SPOILER - highlight to read]: with the helicarrier.

And, as always, he was holding back. AND he's been written like a child for the Mighty A's. So I think it's alright.

The art was great, and everything was visually appealing, besides my minor complaints of Ultron's chest being all over the place, Wasp's hair sucking (but Ultron's being fine...), and Black Widow's ass cheek being significantly larger then her head.

I didn't care for the art.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 04:15 AM
Child Rebel is currently offline Click here to Send Child Rebel a Private Message Find more posts by Child Rebel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evolve
KMC Herald

I have a gut feeling Tony Stark is orchestrating all this.

It's a wacky idea, but it's just too coincidental that on their first training day, everything goes to hell like it is.. I could be wrong, but I think Tony, and whoever else is alive, and behind it.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 04:40 AM
Evolve is currently offline Click here to Send Evolve a Private Message Find more posts by Evolve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Child Rebel
Blackout

Why is that the way Sentry has been portrayed reminds me of Superboy Prime?

Old Post May 18th, 2007 04:47 AM
Child Rebel is currently offline Click here to Send Child Rebel a Private Message Find more posts by Child Rebel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Great Issue. I loved Ares respone to BW taking the Helicarrier.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 05:30 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joesha28
Asgard's Advocate

They will make babies. As for Sentry being like a child. I wonder how he's gonna cope with World War Hulk.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 05:48 AM
joesha28 is currently offline Click here to Send joesha28 a Private Message Find more posts by joesha28 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jumpmann
Glower of Eyes

I liked all the blatant ass shots.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 05:48 AM
jumpmann is currently offline Click here to Send jumpmann a Private Message Find more posts by jumpmann Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Child Rebel
Blackout

I'm also wondering why everyone on team is being inconsistently represented. At one point is was supposed to require 6 brick characters including Sentry to restrain Ares, however he was easily owned by the same Ultron that Sentry just went h2h with.

Overall I give the title so far a C+

Old Post May 18th, 2007 05:53 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by His Airness
I'm also wondering why everyone on team is being inconsistently represented. At one point is was supposed to require 6 brick characters including Sentry to restrain Ares, however he was easily owned by the same Ultron that Sentry just went h2h with.

Overall I give the title so far a C+

To be quite Honest , I think Tony was just buttering Ares up so he'd join the team.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 05:56 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
It's good.

He was bleeding out of his mouth, before then.
Sentry was also pissed off for most of the fight as well.

She caught one of his punches, and then kneed him in the jaw, making him bleed.

His punches did virtually nothing to her, he even snapped her neck, and she healed in a second.

Ya, he got his ass kicked.

Also, keep in mind, she did the thing with the helicarrier while she was fighting Sentry.

Old Post May 18th, 2007 10:56 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Sentry didnt get his ass kicked? First of all, Ms. Marvel asked him not to throw her into the sun because of Toney. Second of all, he damn near took her head clean off with one of his punches. Lastly, I dont think Ultron can be physically harmed at this point.

By Stoic

Old Post May 19th, 2007 12:08 AM
tkitna is online now! Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Child Rebel
Blackout

Originally posted by tkitna
Sentry didnt get his ass kicked? First of all, Ms. Marvel asked him not to throw her into the sun because of Toney. Second of all, he damn near took her head clean off with one of his punches. Lastly, I dont think Ultron can be physically harmed at this point.

He actually did. He was consistently shown not being able to harm her, while he on the other hand was being bloodied.

She was being sarcastic, which imp was blatantly clear. I guess the obvious, needs to be made more obvious.

Being able to be physically harmed or not, Ultron was dominating there fight.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 12:55 AM
Grinning Goku

Sentry is still unimpressive.

PSN handle: B_B_Kang

Old Post May 19th, 2007 01:10 AM
Grinning Goku is currently offline Click here to Send Grinning Goku a Private Message Find more posts by Grinning Goku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I think there's a thread for the Initiative as a whole. We don't need one for each issue.

Closed.

Old Post May 19th, 2007 01:32 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote