KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What makes a good Logo For a Superhero?

What makes a good Logo For a Superhero?
Started by: The Prophecy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Prophecy
The One Above all

What makes a good Logo For a Superhero?

Superman's logo and batman's logo goes well wither names but how can logo be interesting?

Last edited by The Prophecy on May 26th, 2007 at 09:01 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 08:48 PM
The Prophecy is currently offline Click here to Send The Prophecy a Private Message Find more posts by The Prophecy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

Can you stop making threads? erm

Old Post May 26th, 2007 08:50 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CasanoVa
Can you stop making threads? erm
Owning...

Old Post May 26th, 2007 08:55 PM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Simple yet not too simple. Superman's S-shield is a good example. Essentially, its just an S with a border, but its not literally just "S" inside of a triangle or something. If Batman's logo was just a giant letter B, nobody would remember it. Spider-Man's logo is a spider shape but it doesn't have tons of detail. Etc.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 09:58 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

what about this one?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post May 26th, 2007 10:08 PM
The Prophecy is currently offline Click here to Send The Prophecy a Private Message Find more posts by The Prophecy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

qezel is a stupid idea and i hope you drop it. soon.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 10:46 PM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Edited Down

Last edited by The Prophecy on May 26th, 2007 at 10:50 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 10:48 PM
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Originally posted by manorastroman
qezel is a stupid idea and i hope you drop it. soon.

Some people said the Same thing about Superman and looked what happened. But just to satisfy my curiosity why do you think it's a stupid idea?

Old Post May 26th, 2007 10:49 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by The Prophecy
Some people said the Same thing about Superman and looked what happened.

Superman is still a dumb Superhero though erm

But just to satisfy my curiosity why do you think it's a stupid idea?

You need to contact the industry not us. The character you've concienved is also ridiculously powerful (over God?) so writing a story for him would be hard to sell and harder to write.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 10:56 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

You need to contact the industry not us. The character you've concienved is also ridiculously powerful (over God?) so writing a story for him would be hard to sell and harder to write.

SC how many times have we discussed this matter. I thought we all came up with the conclusion that Qezel dosent start off like that. He starts off as a low level metahuman. meaning it takes him years ans years to get where to his potential. Anyways Superman may be stupid to you and some others but he happen to be a worldwide icon...right?
Also I'm posting threads about Qezel do get everyone's opinion on things before I finalize him. Out of all people I an believe you would not already know that....... sad no

Old Post May 26th, 2007 11:23 PM
Citizen V.

Sounds like a bad, rehashed Spawn to me erm

Old Post May 26th, 2007 11:24 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Sounds like a bad, rehashed Spawn to me erm

Well of course it's going to sound similar too something you may know. Everything is about already taken. Also what is it that is bad about it and dont say everything unless you read his origin. Otherwise your assuming therefore. You conclusion has no back. Also instead of givong me such bad remarks you would be giving me advice or saying nothing at all.
Another thing Spawns is not the son of the devil or his first Trinity.Also Spawn's mother is not a Sepherim angel,with a son that has the energies of th emost powrful of all time flowing through his veins And as I said before he doesnt start off like this. I'll make it interesting.

Last edited by The Prophecy on May 26th, 2007 at 11:35 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2007 11:27 PM
Citizen V.

Well of course it's going to sound similar too something you may know. Everything is about already taken. Also what is it that is bad about it and dont say everything unless you read his origin. Otherwise your assuming therefore. You conclusion has no back. Also instead of givong me such bad remarks you would be giving me advice or saying nothing at all.

It's an open forum, I'll say whatever I want to.

I am trying to help, if I wasn't I would of said:

"It sounds shit"

But I didn't wink.

It sounds too similar to Spawn to be honest, whatever differences there may be in their origins they are both very similar in the fact they rise from street level to like God. It's like Superman and Captain Marvel really, Qezel (i dont like the name at all), would be the Captain Marvel to Spawn's Superman.

And I don't think there'd be enough room on the market for another Spawn type character really erm.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 11:33 PM
The Prophecy
The One Above all

It's an open forum, I'll say whatever I want to.

I am trying to help, if I wasn't I would of said:

"It sounds shit"

But I didn't wink.

It sounds too similar to Spawn to be honest, whatever differences there may be in their origins they are both very similar in the fact they rise from street level to like God. It's like Superman and Captain Marvel really, Qezel (i dont like the name at all), would be the Captain Marvel to Spawn's Superman.

And I don't think there'd be enough room on the market for another Spawn type character really erm.

Oh I'm not taking away your freedom of speech. It wasn't a command.
He also is born with his powers after being sent to earth ant the beginning of the first Holy war to another time and universe than his other siblings. Therefore he doesn't start off as a street leveler but as a low ranked meta-human. Why don't you like the name?

Old Post May 26th, 2007 11:40 PM
Citizen V.

Oh I'm not taking away your freedom of speech. It wasn't a command.
He also is born with his powers after being sent to earth ant the beginning of the first Holy war to another time and universe than his other siblings. Therefore he doesn't start off as a street leveler but as a low ranked meta-human. Why don't you like the name?

Well, the story aswell just goes along with it.. the whole thing seems too biblical to be honest.

Without a large publisher, I don't see any biblical-ish character getting very far to be honest erm.

The name just seems too cheesy, it sounds like you're purposely trying to make his name sound cool. Something simple would do alot better.

Old Post May 26th, 2007 11:45 PM
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Well, the story aswell just goes along with it.. the whole thing seems too biblical to be honest.

Without a large publisher, I don't see any biblical-ish character getting very far to be honest erm.

The name just seems too cheesy, it sounds like you're purposely trying to make his name sound cool. Something simple would do alot better.

No No No! trust me it's not going to be very bibical! They'll be alot of fictional things in the series! (Qa-Zel)Qezel. Do you have another name?

Old Post May 26th, 2007 11:48 PM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

BLASPHEMY! mad

Old Post May 27th, 2007 12:06 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Originally posted by Redatom65
BLASPHEMY! mad
yes I agree

Old Post May 27th, 2007 12:13 AM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

when i saw your logo. first thing i thought of. Incredibles

Old Post May 27th, 2007 12:14 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Prophecy
The One Above all

Originally posted by Redatom65
when i saw your logo. first thing i thought of. Incredibles

I could see why. smile That's why I'm asking people on how I can make it better . but still simple.

Old Post May 27th, 2007 12:22 AM