KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Which company is more graphically violent?

More violent content - Marvel or DC?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Marvel 1 5.56%
DC 16 88.89%
Both are the same 1 5.56%
Total: 18 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Which company is more graphically violent?
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Which company is more graphically violent?

I remember the days when you couldn't draw red blood on the page - never mind Superboy Prime decapitating Titans members.

Who does it more - Marvel or DC?

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 04:23 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

I think DC kill bigger names in more graphic ways, whereas Marvel usually have their characters go out in a bit more of a "Blaze of Glory" however Marvel characters tend to get injured more. I can't count the number of times spidey has fought a villains whilst ill or with a broken arm or already beaten up, etc etc yes

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 05:50 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

One difference is with Marvel, they save their most hardcore stuff for their MAX comic line. While regular DC series like Infinite Crisis & 52 shows many bloody rampages, with crushed heads & flying limbs. What kind of ratings system does DC use?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 06:08 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Probably DC if you count their Wildstorm/Vertigo line ups.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 06:21 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Val
Probably DC if you count their Wildstorm/Vertigo line ups.

My thoughts precisely.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 08:25 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I'm really talking about what you see in their mainstream line, not their specialty ones.

Garth Ennis + MAX and/or Vertigo = Serious Mayhem.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 08:54 PM
B.A
Restricted

Account Restricted

Image and Wildstorm are violent. Screw Marvel and D.C. evil face

Respect Apollo Respect Black Goliatch

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 09:12 PM
B.A is currently offline Click here to Send B.A a Private Message Find more posts by B.A Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Valiant was pretty violent back in the day

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 04:49 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by B.A
Image and Wildstorm are violent. Screw Marvel and D.C. evil face

Wildstorm is DC.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 04:51 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Image ?

They had Spawn and Savage Dragon.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 09:04 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I would say Marvel

ghost rider for one the newer stuff theres a bit more blood in the comics compared to the last series.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 10:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ghost Rider and Punisher are pretty much exceptions. MAX Wisdom is an example of how MAX comics can contain no gore at all.

I'll go with DC any day as far as violence go. Mannheim is a violent bastard.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 01:20 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 04:35 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Soljer
In the recent teen titans:

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/2258/damntt2.jpg

Case in point.
Who the hell was that? Looked like J'onn in a female body.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 05:08 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Miss Martian?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 05:14 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by roughrider
Case in point.
Who the hell was that? Looked like J'onn in a female body.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Martian

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 05:15 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by grey fox
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Martian

OK. I just don't keep up with the Titans & their roster.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 05:18 PM
Kutulu
Restricted

Account Restricted

As of Infinite Crisis, DC seems to be increasing the gore a lot, just paging through when the Green Lanterns and Yellow Lanterns were fighting, you see GL's getting head-shotted (seeing depictions of their brains literally flying from their head) and such, plus SBP ripping arms off and what-not.

Plus the recent Black Adam stories were over the top gruesome, such as where Black Adam cut open that snow creatures stomach and used it's intestines to repel down the side of the mountain.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 05:20 PM
Kutulu is currently offline Click here to Send Kutulu a Private Message Find more posts by Kutulu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Osiris killing "The Persuader" was pretty graphic

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 05:24 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by Kutulu
As of Infinite Crisis, DC seems to be increasing the gore a lot, just paging through when the Green Lanterns and Yellow Lanterns were fighting, you see GL's getting head-shotted (seeing depictions of their brains literally flying from their head) and such, plus SBP ripping arms off and what-not.

Plus the recent Black Adam stories were over the top gruesome, such as where Black Adam cut open that snow creatures stomach and used it's intestines to repel down the side of the mountain.

You put that up against Civil War or World War Hulk, and for all the mayhem there is little graphic gore. Lots of bruised faces and torn clothing, but no spraying arteries.
But like I said earlier, Marvel instituted it's own rating system several years ago, and has distinct boundries with each level. DC's only restraint seems to be Superman never gets blood on his costume.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 05:29 PM