KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Favorite Current Monthly Titles

Favorite Current Monthly Titles
Started by: nimbus006

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nimbus006
Accuser

Favorite Current Monthly Titles

Ok guys, this is pretty self explainatory...

Im looking for your top three favorite current monthly titles, and if you can please provide a short summary of why it's your favorite.

Purpose of this thread: I want to know what the members of KMC look for in a quality comic book. What's most important to YOU: Character development, plot, action, art , story etc...

Be Honest, everyone has different tastes, opinions, and likes/dislikes.

Ill do mine...

1. Batman: I love the complexity of this title. When it comes to comics, they're usually pretty straight forward, and not all that hard to understand. However, Batman is a little more complex and mind bending in it's plot, which makes it really fun to read. Batman also has deeper themes than most titles, and the character itself in IMO opinion is the most intriguing in all of comics.

2. Nova: Even though it's fairly new series, I find Nova to be extremely well written with incredible art. I love where they're going with the character, and see him almost as a Green Lantern for Marvel, but with more of a burden on his shoulders. It has great action, and I love the interaction between Richard and the Worldmind.

3. JLA- I don't know why, but Justice League is one of the books I forward to reading the most. I guess I've just always loved the concept of having all of my favorite heroes on one team. You never know which member is going to be the focus of each issue. I've also really enjoyed the storylines in this new JLA series. From Tornado's issues with his body, to the Grundy/Amazo dilemma, and now with the whole injustice League situation... I just think it's been a real fun title to read. Another important factor is the lineup which i have to say Im liking more and more every issue. Especially with Firestorm now a member. Finally, the art isn' to shabby either.

Honorable mentions: Thor, Superman, and Green Lantern.

By: Juk

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 04:14 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

- Immortal Iron Fist
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern

'nuff said

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 04:17 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

quote: (post)
Originally posted by llagrok
- Immortal Iron Fist
- Green Lantern Corps
- Green Lantern

'nuff said

Really?!!? I would of thought Thor was in your top 3 for sure.

Care to give a reason why you like them so much?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 04:21 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Thor: Thor is back, and he is kicking @$$ and taking names. Putting everyone in their place from Ironman and the government to Genocidal maniacs.

Green Lantern(Kinda): Not much to say. A very well written Green Lantern Title is always and should always be in everyone's top 3.

And I really don't have money to get a third

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 04:36 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor's monthly?

I would put down Thor and Runaways as well, but they're not out every month are they? Seems more like every other month to me :/

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 04:40 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Thor's monthly?

I would put down Thor and Runaways as well, but they're not out every month are they? Seems more like every other month to me :/

Yea, Thor's monthly.

You're so right though. Some months it's consecutive, then others they skip one, it's really frustrating.

Last edited by nimbus006 on Feb 14th, 2008 at 04:59 PM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 04:56 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by Newjak
Thor: Thor is back, and he is kicking @$$ and taking names. Putting everyone in their place from Ironman and the government to Genocidal maniacs.

Green Lantern(Kinda): Not much to say. A very well written Green Lantern Title is always and should always be in everyone's top 3.

And I really don't have money to get a third

Both really good reads.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 04:58 PM
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Captain America- Since Brubaker has been on the title I have yet to read a bad issue. it's just a consistently interesting read. Brubaker does the espionage well and makes even the cheapest of twists seem grand. Highly recommended. This title is always at the top of my pull list.

Green Lantern- This is brilliant, Geoff Johns = Superb writer. The Sinestro corps story line was one of the best story lines I have ever read. The only thing I don't like about it at the moment? Ivan Reiss isn't drawing it sad

Daredevil- Just such good read. Matt Murdock is at his most interesting when his life is down the pan and Brubaker does this soooo well.

There a few other titles I could mention but most of the stuff, i wait for the trades yes

Old Post Feb 14th, 2008 09:44 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Anything being written by Brubaker or Fraction.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 12:46 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

My list in alphabetical order.

Avengers Classic
Batman
Batman/Superman
Countdown
Fantastic Four
Green Lantern & Green Lantern Corps
Hulk
JLA
Spider-Man
Superman
Thor
Wolverine
X Men.

The list doesn't include multiple tie ins and minis.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 01:29 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

GR
Red Hulk
X Men
Superman
GL

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 01:48 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by Badabing
My list in alphabetical order.

Batman/Superman

X Men.

How is Batman/Superman? It seems really interesting, never picked it up though.

Is it canon? Or is it kind of like an All-Star type thing?

Would that be regular X-men? Is that the one you like best? Why? Is it because thats your favorite line-up?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 02:39 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by guy222

X Men

Which X-Men id this? Regular?

Why do you like this one the best? Lineup?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 02:40 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Thor, GL, GLC, Countdown, Nova, Annihilation Conquest, Green Arrow/Black Canary, Booster Gold, etc.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 03:17 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Annihilation Conquest

How is this?

Im trying to collect all four thus far, but my store is missing 1, 2, & 3. So I might just wait till paperback.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 03:37 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well then.

1. Runaways
2. Thor
3. GLC

Originally posted by nimbus006
How is this?

Im trying to collect all four thus far, but my store is missing 1, 2, & 3. So I might just wait till paperback.

It's surprisingly disappointing.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 03:53 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

My full list:

Superman
Action Comics
Uncanny X-Men (despite the excessive levels of shit most months)
X-Men (ditto)
JLA (benes' heavenly art, mcshittie's woeful writing)
JSA
Green Lantern
GLC
Flash
Thor
Initiative
Salvation Run
Green Arrow Black Canary
Superman Batman
Booster Gold
Countdown
Wonder Woman

probably left out a couple...

I'd count AS Superman and Astonishing X-Men if they actually came out monthly...

if i had to pick 3, it would be: Ast. X-Men, Green Lantern and Action Comics...

Originally posted by willRules
The only thing I don't like about it at the moment? Ivan Reiss isn't drawing it sad

QFT.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 06:17 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

PR, it's not "all my month titles" but FAVOURITE monthly titles.

Stop trying to turn this place into your blog

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 07:01 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

bada did it...

and i did say 'if i could only pick three'

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 07:02 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

laughing You're absolutely right, although he did give his top 3.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2008 08:31 PM