KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Green Lantern Recommendations

Green Lantern Recommendations
Started by: Mr Shindiggery

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Shindiggery
Cynical Egotist

Green Lantern Recommendations

Hey guys I am a huge comic fan love both Marvel and DC particularly Spider-Man from Marvel and Batman from DC but I am pretty interested into getting into Green Lantern from DC so do you guys know any good collections or graphic novels to pick up of Green Lantern?

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. But you were wrong. The world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is chance"

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 07:21 PM
Mr Shindiggery is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Shindiggery a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Shindiggery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

rebirth is one... emerald twilight... any of the new hal jordan ones are good...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 07:22 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Who's your favorite Lantern ?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 07:22 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rorschach

Emerald Twilight shifty
Green Lantern Rebirth
Green Lantern v4
Green Lantern Corps
Sinestro Corps Special

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 07:30 PM
Rorschach is currently offline Click here to Send Rorschach a Private Message Find more posts by Rorschach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Shindiggery
Cynical Egotist

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Faceman
Who's your favorite Lantern ?

I like the look of Hal Jordon probearly the most out of all them ain`t he the Silver Age Green Lantern?

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time. But you were wrong. The world is cruel, and the only morality in a cruel world is chance"

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 07:32 PM
Mr Shindiggery is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Shindiggery a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Shindiggery Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Re: Green Lantern Recommendations

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mr Shindiggery
Hey guys I am a huge comic fan love both Marvel and DC particularly Spider-Man from Marvel and Batman from DC but I am pretty interested into getting into Green Lantern from DC so do you guys know any good collections or graphic novels to pick up of Green Lantern?

I did the same thing a couple months ago.

Here is what i reccommend doing:

First go to Barnes and Nobles, Borders, or any book store that sells trade paperbacks.

Take a couple of Lantern paperbacks such as Emerald Twilight, A New Dawn, Rebirth, Recharge, or Green Lantern Corps. Volume 1, and read them in the store. You can purchase them if you'd like, but it's going to cost you. What i did was I purchased the one I enjoyed the most (Rebirth), just to have it.

After your done getting a good feel for GL's and the corps go and purchase Sinestro Corps. Volume 1 paperback.

This is in my opinion a perfect place to start collecting Green Lantern comics because it's a nice event that has a significant impact on the Corps.

After you get this paperback, go to a comic book store and start collecting Green Lantern (#24-current) or Green Lantern Corps (I believe Sinestro Corps Volume I leaves you off on issue 17 or so, not sure). Or, you can start collecting both GL, and GL Corps.

Hope this helps = )

By: Juk

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 07:48 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

use the questions thread. Thanks.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2008 08:15 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote