KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » It would suck to be...

It would suck to be...
Started by: srankmissingnin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

It would suck to be...

It would suck to be the Flash. Sure he can run really fast, but he perceives the world at the same speed. That sucks. Relative to his own perception if the Flash ran around the world, in his mind it would take the same amount of time as it would for me to do it. Thats weeks of his life just running and he does crap like that all the time... thats dedication. I'm surprised he hasn't gone completely insane.

Who else do you think it would suck to be?

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 6th, 2010 01:25 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
galactusischere
Apocalypse..begins!

Ben Grimm.

Old Post May 6th, 2010 01:30 AM
galactusischere is currently offline Click here to Send galactusischere a Private Message Find more posts by galactusischere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I don't think that's how perception works for the Flash at ALL times. Just some of the time...there's varying levels of speed force usage.

Old Post May 6th, 2010 03:19 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyajeep

* ... to have the mutant power of Rogue...

Old Post May 6th, 2010 03:21 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

Pixie.

Lame wings.
Lame powers.
Fractioned soul.

Old Post May 6th, 2010 03:39 AM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: It would suck to be...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It would suck to be the Flash. Sure he can run really fast, but he perceives the world at the same speed. That sucks. Relative to his own perception if the Flash ran around the world, in his mind it would take the same amount of time as it would for me to do it. Thats weeks of his life just running and he does crap like that all the time... thats dedication. I'm surprised he hasn't gone completely insane.

Who else do you think it would suck to be?
It'd suck more to be Zoom in that regard.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post May 6th, 2010 03:40 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by Digi
I don't think that's how perception works for the Flash at ALL times. Just some of the time...there's varying levels of speed force usage.

Yea. It's been shown he can perceive at perfectly normal, then either will himself into it or snap in when something fast happens.

Like Galan said, Zoom's the one who has the sucky version smile

I think Quicksilver too.

Old Post May 6th, 2010 04:13 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

being a mutant without any of the benefit of powers.. thats what jubilee said about a poor human kid that was killed for being malformed with a case of warped gigantism effecting certain parts of his body.

anyways being beak.

Old Post May 6th, 2010 04:18 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

mandrill end of thread

Old Post May 6th, 2010 07:24 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Batman. I really like my down time. The smart criminals would catch on and start planning their crimes around new episodes of Mythbusters and when various games are released.

Old Post May 6th, 2010 07:35 AM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Cyclops - Not being able to take your visor off. Wolverine - a never ending pain from the adamantium skeleton. Deadpool - being scarred like that.
Originally posted by galactusischere
Ben Grimm.
Being Ben Grimm wouldnt suck, it would rock! Happy Dance

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post May 6th, 2010 09:42 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

The thing I never got about the Flash isn't his superspeed or perception of time but his stamina! I can accept with his speed power how fast he is but how does he have the energy to go so far? I mean like so I get that you are fast enough to go around the entire world or across the ocean in .0003 seconds but damn how can you keep going that far without stopping or passing out from exhaustion? confused

I'm sure the answer is Speed force! It always is with anything of his in question but its just always been the one part of the puzzle that never sat well with me. And especially with Zoom. Thou I do like the way his power works much better and I'd prefer it to flash's myself, its one of the powers I'd always wanted as a kid growing up long before I'd ever even read Zoom. To just freeze or manipulate the speed of time realitive to myself in comparison to everyone else.

Still wouldn't have the stamina to go very far without resting for awhile on the way thou! erm

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Old Post May 6th, 2010 11:57 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Digi
When Bart allen got knee-capped by deathstroke didnt he basically spend (What he perceived to be ) like a year in the library? When he met back up with the titans, he was speaking to them like it had been at while when it was basically minutes. That would suck to look through the world through eyes like that.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post May 6th, 2010 12:00 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Doom. Yeah its great your super smart and have your own kingdom but everyone there hates you and your face looks like Freddy Kruegers. And your mothers soul was in hell.

Made by Jugg666

Old Post May 6th, 2010 12:09 PM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Doop.....Do I have to say anything more?

Old Post May 6th, 2010 01:53 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
galactusischere
Apocalypse..begins!

How about Shithead?

Old Post May 6th, 2010 03:53 PM
galactusischere is currently offline Click here to Send galactusischere a Private Message Find more posts by galactusischere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
When Bart allen got knee-capped by deathstroke didnt he basically spend (What he perceived to be ) like a year in the library? When he met back up with the titans, he was speaking to them like it had been at while when it was basically minutes. That would suck to look through the world through eyes like that.

Originally posted by Q99
Yea. It's been shown he can perceive at perfectly normal, then either will himself into it or snap in when something fast happens.

It's based on choice. He's not always like that. I could deal with it.

Old Post May 6th, 2010 04:30 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Hulk....lol.

Old Post May 6th, 2010 04:32 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

quote:
It's based on choice. He's not always like that.
Not trying to be facetious, but can you please explain this with logic? Right now I'm sitting on a bus going to Los Angeles from Arizona traveling 70 mph. As I look out of the window, the ground and plants along the 10 fwy are nearly just a blur because my brain can't process the images that my eye's are sending to it fast enough for me to see them clearly.

The Flash moves a heck of a lot faster then 70mph. How can he chose to not see a blur when running at super sonic+ speeds?

Old Post May 6th, 2010 05:53 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by dmills
Not trying to be facetious, but can you please explain this with logic? Right now I'm sitting on a bus going to Los Angeles from Arizona traveling 70 mph. As I look out of the window, the ground and plants along the 10 fwy are nearly just a blur because my brain can't process the images that my eye's are sending to it fast enough for me to see them clearly.

The Flash moves a heck of a lot faster then 70mph. How can he chose to not see a blur when running at super sonic+ speeds?

he can't. but he's not always running at super-sonic speeds. His perceptions shift to match his speeds.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 6th, 2010 06:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote