KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Marvel Comics Pound for Pound!

Marvel Comics Pound for Pound!
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Marvel Comics Pound for Pound!

March 31, 2010
The list represents the a list of heros in the top-tier (Herald Class), in a P4P format as of the date.

Note: The highly disputed #1 spot is currently held down by Thor. Only an eventual encounter among the two, will settle who is the Pound-For-Pound Marvel Comics best top tier character. In the mean time, lets break down the list.

1) Thor “The Pac-Man” Odinson.
Blazing with a hot streak of good showings, since its return from eternal damnation has lead an uproar clamoring for more. Fundamentally a brawler by heart, Thor has shown exceptional levels of skill to fight from the distance thanks to his uses of the Mjolnir makes him one thee most well rounded fighters in KMC today. God like athleticism, physical might, and fast hands makes him a dangerous foe. Especially when you get within his range to land the sweet hammer strike. His only real weakness is, he is known to loose sight of game plan when he meets adversity.

2) Silver “Money” Surfer.
Always flashy, always elusive Silver Surfer. No one can question his heart for the game, as to question his quick foot work, and raw speed. Some may criticize his use to get on his bike, and pot shot. But when you count his speed, and reach you will be hard pressed to crack this defensive master. Though not renown for brawling, he has been known to rumble with the best of them. Not surprising considering his extensive Cosmic Awareness, and physical might fueled by the power of cosmic. The Surfer’s only real draw back, is a questionable chin, in taking mental assaults.

3) Shaman “Maravilla” X-Man.
X-Man started late in the game, and had some rough encounter resulting in some losses due to his inexperience. However his potential for greatness has always stood there. As a Psi of unsurpassable might, limited only by imagination, his body was his own enemy. As of his return, its no longer the case. Now existing as a psychic force, he no longer suffers from stress withdraws due to over execration. On top of being a thinking fighter relaying on his 1st order telepathy. He now accounts on the ability to gain over 300 different ways to gain knowledge, adding precog at a Multiversal scale. A tricky fighter, who can now evade attacks by stepping in between moments, and the ability to phase through most physical attacks makes him today one of the most exciting fighters, with the potential to rack up more names. His downside is he may still fall susceptible to energy drainage.

4) Beta “The Flash” Ray Bill.
Surprisingly quick, and Surprisingly strong. Its no surprise Bill was given the moniker “The Flash”, considering how fiercely fast those hammer strikes tend to land. Add on a nice display of lighting, and thunder..and we have magic to behold. Built, and programmed to be war class cyborg, stacked with the enchantment with abilities that rival Thor, makes him one of the most complete packages in KMC today. Energy, and Matter are his to wield. Space/time can be twisted, and unraveled. But above all, he comes to fight. Horseface downfall, is his own arrogance, and falling victem to mental assaults.

5) Hulk “Dr. Ironfist”.
Long time forum vet, blessed with physical might that topples the best of them. In a physical brawl, few can stand up to this behemoth. Some may say, that because he is a one dimensional brawler, he is very limited against the more adverse players. Well let me tell you, everyone has a plan until they get hit. Good luck in subduing the embodiment of rage. Maybe if you can survive long enough you can tell us the secret behind cracking the Hulk. In the mean time, be warry of his ability to go WWH, on top of his top end regen abilities. His main weakness are mental assaults, and forms of energy drain.

6) Nova “Desert Storm” Prime.
Renown to use his head to win matches (tehehe), Nova has amassed a potent ability to use gravity, manipulate energy, and accesses the world mind grants him incredible diversity. Add in the mix that his abilities are backed by the entire Nova Force…shea yeah potent. Nova’s greatest quality is his determination to tackle adversity no matter the danger. The drawback is how reckless he can be. It goes hand and hand. Aiming for high risk, high yield.

7) Sugar Kallark Gladiator.
What happens when you blend an puncher/boxer. Now give him planet crushing strength, Faster than light speed, and take a super nova to the chin. What comes out the mixer is Gladiator. His ring knowledge is nothing to boot, thousands..if not hundreds of thousands years old. He was trained from youth to be a stand out warrior. Unfortunately he does suffer from a series of exploitable weaknesses. Certain wave of radiation can take him out. His confidence level plays a huge part in his physical might. And he can fall pray to mental ****ery.

8) Quasar “Dinamita” Vaughn.
Quasar is a bit passed his prime. In his younger years, he was known to be more explosive. Blessed with the capacity to set up a series of combinations, probably the best in the business. And then there is his unsurpassable counter punching. He can keep up a relentless combination of attacks via constructs, and land some hard counters once he gets a fixed at the proper energy blast. Cosmic Awareness adds a nice asset to his overall abilities, bumping his ring I.Q. in the ways of the sweet science. Psi, and Magic seems to cleave right through his defenses. But his recent self doubtness is hindering his overall performance.

9) Black Bolt
Not enough info to put in in the moment, and a dash of writers block.

10) Red “Dr. Steelhammer” Hulk.
Loeb Force. Nuff said.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 06:09 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_Dude1210
Doink!

To be fair, Thor "Pac-man" Odinson does NOT lose sight of his gameplan when he meets adversity. He actually thrives in it. His greatest fights and truimphs were with more powerful opponents (see: Glory).

I think his greatest weakness is his propensity to hold back and let his opponents whale on him just so he can get a better measure of his abilities or put on a better show. ;P

And Surfer's greatest weakness is his weak chin vs Thanos' pimp hand.

Love the post tho. Fellow boxing fan here. ;P

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 06:15 AM
D_Dude1210 is currently offline Click here to Send D_Dude1210 a Private Message Find more posts by D_Dude1210 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Yeah I was only thinking about Pac-Man losing sight of the gameplan when he fought Eric the first time, and attempting to somehow tie that in with warrior madness.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 06:21 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

someone likes boxing

a lot

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 06:27 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

My love for boxing, and fandom for comics have lead me to create this monster. >_>

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 06:29 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

we might finally see pacquiao vs mayweather, it's just going to cost a fortune

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 06:32 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogogadgetgo

doubt it, mayweather camp's insistence for random blood testing is complete BS. if every single fighter pac-man fought didnt request blood testing, why should mayweather be any special?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 12:32 PM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_Dude1210
Doink!

Yeah, Mayweather is gayyyyy....

Hate the fact that you use him to represent one of my fave characters (Surfer), but if I think about it a bit, I guess it IS pretty appropriate. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 01:04 PM
D_Dude1210 is currently offline Click here to Send D_Dude1210 a Private Message Find more posts by D_Dude1210 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Pac-man should just agree to the testing. Unless he has something to hide...

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2011 02:40 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gogogadgetgo

It's a matter of principle, why would Pac-man have to subject himself to such a thing when it isnt even necessary. Mayweather is just gay and scared that he'd get his face punched in. He's seen how Pac-man beat the fighters he beat much easier and much faster so yeah, he's a scared little gay boy.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2011 03:39 AM
gogogadgetgo is currently offline Click here to Send gogogadgetgo a Private Message Find more posts by gogogadgetgo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

The fight is going to be made. The fact that Floyd is taking up a tune up, and recently announcing that he will fight Manny is enough. If you ask me, its was an elaborate ploy by Arum. He wants to squeeze out Manny for what he is worth, taking on one big name after another, until the inevitable showdown with Floyd.

Floyd, and Manny is a pickem fight. Personally I see Floyd schooling Manny, but time will tell.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2011 03:45 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

I lol'd. 'nother hardcore boxing fan here, just one not stupid enough to post something like this.

wink

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 01:29 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by "Id"

Floyd, and Manny is a pickem fight. Personally I see Floyd schooling Manny, but time will tell.

Similar to how Silver "money" surfer will school Thor"pacman" Odinson...too evasive,technical, and will capitalize on the counter.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2011 01:40 AM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by "Id"
The fight is going to be made. The fact that Floyd is taking up a tune up, and recently announcing that he will fight Manny is enough. If you ask me, its was an elaborate ploy by Arum. He wants to squeeze out Manny for what he is worth, taking on one big name after another, until the inevitable showdown with Floyd.

I didn't believe so at first, but after seeing the Mayweather/Mosley fight I think Floyd will take Manny. Though Shane did have Iirc a bear 2 year layoff up until that fight.

Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
It's a matter of principle, why would Pac-man have to subject himself to such a thing when it isnt even necessary. Mayweather is just gay and scared that he'd get his face punched in. He's seen how Pac-man beat the fighters he beat much easier and much faster so yeah, he's a scared little gay boy.

5 years ago I'd have agreed with you. But sorry, too many big names across all sports have been busted. No one is getting the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2011 11:57 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyondTheGrave

Too bad Silver Surfer is spending more time smacking around b!tches than actually fighting. and I didn't know Thor was a dopper with a penchant for catchweights and crummy kareoke laughing

no Miguel Cotto sad

Old Post Apr 7th, 2011 05:47 PM
BeyondTheGrave is currently offline Click here to Send BeyondTheGrave a Private Message Find more posts by BeyondTheGrave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote