KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Mephisto vs anyone with a soul...

Mephisto vs anyone with a soul...
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheLordofMurder

Mephisto vs anyone with a soul...

Lets address this so we can end the erroneous belief about who Mephisto cant overpower...

Lets address Mephisto's CIS 1st; Mephisto craves souls (all the other dimensional "devil" types do)...when he engages opponents who have one, his goal is to acquire it...so he doesnt fight to kill or overpower his foes...he "fights" them in an attempt to get his targets soul.

Now, Mephisto has limitations that apply to him as pertains him acquiring souls; he forfeits a soul forever if he:

a) Directly kills you; as per Dr Strange during the arc where he and Doom confront Mephisto in hell...
b) Uses mind control or attempts to force you to give him your soul; he has to get his opponent to give up his/her soul willingly and freely...

So take his losses to Thor, Surfer, and others who possess a soul with a grain of salt, as a contest against Mephisto isnt at all the same as it is against others that various heroes and villians square off against...

We have all seen Mephisto unleash abstract level power (as he did against Galactus) and if he unleashes such force against the likes of Thor or Surfer, they are dead...period; only Mephisto's craving for their souls prevents him from destroying them as destroying them physically would deny him their souls forever.

Apparently, Mephisto would rather allow himself to be "defeated" and retain a shot at getting an opponents soul at a later date rather than destroy said foe and be denied that soul for Eternity...

So with that said, can we give all this "Mephisto cant beat high heralds" argument a break?

smile

Old Post Jul 6th, 2011 08:50 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

thumb up thumb up thumb up still, why bother and make this thread?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2011 09:27 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by 753
thumb up thumb up thumb up still, why bother and make this thread?

The notion that Mephisto cant beat Thor, even in Hell, has come up a few times in recent days; I wanted to explain the real reason why lesser foes seem to have success against him...

Old Post Jul 6th, 2011 10:28 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

yeah I know and it's annoying, but wouldnt it be better to just post that in those threads? this is gonna get locked for lack of a versus theme in it

Old Post Jul 6th, 2011 10:31 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

This is gonna get locked but its true.

If mephisto wants any herald dead they die. But he wants their souls, not their lives.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 12:15 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

I would agree. But then that almost begs the question: Exactly how powerful is he?

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 12:30 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Scratch that I just checked his respect thread. Point taken.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 12:51 AM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

LoM, this isn't true.

Usually even when he's fight beings LESS than heralds, that "pure soul" garbage gets in the way. In terms of straight up fights, we've seen him hang with the likes of Satannish and Galactus while in his realm.

Other times we've seen Thanos absolutely s-xt all over him and Mephisto did nothing but teleport away in a rage. We've seen Thor go toe to toe with him in his own realm and Mephisto himself admitting it'd be an eternal stalemate if they fought.

(please log in to view the image)

His power level varies depending on how the writer wants to portray him. Like during the Galactus fight, Mephisto claimed there was only one being more powerful than him and Galactus was as nothing to this being. This is an obvious lie since there are MANY beings that would stomp Mephisto into the ground, Demogorge being one of them.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 12:54 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

@zopzop

Mephisto is the Lord of Lies; you cant take anything he says as the truth unless there is some extreme circumstance supporting it...

Mephisto stating that he and Thor would fight to an eternal stalemate is a lie as he has demostrated power enough to wipe out Thor at anytime; the reason for the lie is unknown, but I am willing to bet that he couldnt "get" Thor via the method he was trying and so decided to start over and attempt to "get" Thor some other way...and thus he proved Thor (and himself) with an "out" to get away from the sitaution.

The same thing that applies to Thor applies to Thanos; Thanos doesnt possess a pure soul, but nevertheless Thanos possesses a powerful soul...and thus his would be very valuable to Mephisto as well.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 05:08 AM
Badabing
Karen

Moved. Not sure if Digi will keep it open.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 05:16 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lft4ded
the Desert Moon

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
@zopzop

Mephisto is the Lord of Lies; you cant take anything he says as the truth unless there is some extreme circumstance supporting it...

Mephisto stating that he and Thor would fight to an eternal stalemate is a lie as he has demostrated power enough to wipe out Thor at anytime; the reason for the lie is unknown, but I am willing to bet that he couldnt "get" Thor via the method he was trying and so decided to start over and attempt to "get" Thor some other way...and thus he proved Thor (and himself) with an "out" to get away from the sitaution.

The same thing that applies to Thor applies to Thanos; Thanos doesnt possess a pure soul, but nevertheless Thanos possesses a powerful soul...and thus his would be very valuable to Mephisto as well.

There was a 'What If' comic where IIRC Surfer was killed and sent to Meph's realm and because of the purity of his soul he was a bane to Mephisto forever. (The ending scene had the Surfer's soul radiating light that was driving Mephisto back). I'd say its more a case of "can't win for losing" for Mephisto again those who are too noble/pure.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 07:57 AM
lft4ded is currently offline Click here to Send lft4ded a Private Message Find more posts by lft4ded Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Originally posted by zopzop
Demogorge being one of them.

Demogorge being the guy who defeated a group of Hell Lords(which included Mephisto) as well.This is the problem I sometimes have concerning power levelserm .A lot of people are stating Mephisto stalemated a nourished Galactus(according to some guys I've talked to).If that's the case, then Dormammu is more powerful than a nourished Galactus since he created a Hell Lord(Satannish revealed to be created by Dormammu in Hell Cats Vol 1#2) who was stated 2nd to Mephisto in terms of power.It also took the combined efforts of 4 Hell Lords(Hela,Pluto,Daimon Hellstorm, and Mehisto) to drive away Dormammu from Hell.And I seem to remember Dormammu stating being the equal of Zeus and Odin.Where does a fully fed Galactus stand if that is the caseerm ?

Mephisto(if he uses all of his powers)>>>Against any herald level character.

Demogorge>>>>>>>Mephisto

Dormammu>>>>Mephisto

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 11:54 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

I have a soul, and it was raped by Mephisto in the "One More Day" Event.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2011 07:35 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Igniz
Demogorge being the guy who defeated a group of Hell Lords(which included Mephisto) as well.This is the problem I sometimes have concerning power levelserm .A lot of people are stating Mephisto stalemated a nourished Galactus(according to some guys I've talked to).If that's the case, then Dormammu is more powerful than a nourished Galactus since he created a Hell Lord(Satannish revealed to be created by Dormammu in Hell Cats Vol 1#2) who was stated 2nd to Mephisto in terms of power.It also took the combined efforts of 4 Hell Lords(Hela,Pluto,Daimon Hellstorm, and Mehisto) to drive away Dormammu from Hell.And I seem to remember Dormammu stating being the equal of Zeus and Odin.Where does a fully fed Galactus stand if that is the caseerm ?

Mephisto(if he uses all of his powers)>>>Against any herald level character.

Demogorge>>>>>>>Mephisto

Dormammu>>>>Mephisto

Ding ding ding! Finally someone who gets it. Dormammu's creation, Satannish, is an extremely close "second" to Mephisto. In fact, in a Dr. Strange issue, both of them were going at it like mad and Dr. Strange said he had to break them up before one or both of them were destroyed. Mephisto's daughter was even helping Strange seperate them.

If the whole "Dormammu is Satannish's daddy" isn't retconned, then :
Dormammu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Satanish=Mephisto=Galacuts.

And if Dormammu really is, as he claims, the equal to a Zeus or Odin then :
Dorammu=Odin=Zeus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Satannish=Mephisto=Galactus!

Freaking sad and hillarious at the same time. laughing

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 06:43 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Igniz
I reign supreme!

Originally posted by zopzop
And if Dormammu really is, as he claims, the equal to a Zeus or Odin then :
Dorammu=Odin=Zeus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Satannish=Mephisto=Galactus!

Freaking sad and hillarious at the same time. laughing

Here is the panel that Dormammu stated it.

It is really sad and hilarious at the same time.laughing

And people saying "GALACTUS STALEMATED MEPHISTO IN HIS OWN REALM!"Isn't impressive when I show the next scan.In this scene, Jake Olsen died.He was afraid that his soul will be taken by Mephisto.Now lets remember souls to Mephisto is like gold.Guess who snatches Jake Olsen from Mephisto's clutches?

Odin did it effortlessly.This is why using Mephisto as a measuring stick on a Galactus Vs Odin fight wont go well for the Galactus camp.laughingMy suggestion is to wait for what's going to happen in the next Mighty Thor issue.

I'm the CEO of NEST!
Respect Chaos King Fear The Dread Dormammu Surtur Carnivore

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 10:22 AM
Igniz is currently offline Click here to Send Igniz a Private Message Find more posts by Igniz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Last edited by Prof. T.C McAbe on Jul 8th, 2011 at 10:33 AM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 10:27 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

And people saying "GALACTUS STALEMATED MEPHISTO IN HIS OWN REALM!"Isn't impressive when I show the next scan.In this scene, Jake Olsen died.He was afraid that his soul will be taken by Mephisto.Now lets remember souls to Mephisto is like gold.Guess who snatches Jake Olsen from Mephisto's clutches?

Odin did it effortlessly.This is why using Mephisto as a measuring stick on a Galactus Vs Odin fight wont go well for the Galactus camp.laughingMy suggestion is to wait for what's going to happen in the next Mighty Thor issue.
that odin scan proves nothing about opwer levels and mephisto has warped the 616 reality. furthermore, he is far more powerful in his own realm than outside it

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 02:23 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Yup that's the Dormammu scan smile Where was that Odin saving that guys soul scan from?

PS There's a non canon event where Odin says enough is enough and outright KILLS both Loki and Mephisto. One shotted both I believe.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 04:18 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Back the OP up with scans and examples, and make a post in the Mythbusters thread.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...29+forumid%3A95

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 11:14 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote