KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » If you had your way for one month what would you do?

If you had your way for one month what would you do?
Started by: Damborgson

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

If you had your way for one month what would you do?

You have one month to make changes to Marvel/Dc. You can change the writer of a current story, get rid of writers altogether, make new series' with writers of your choice, dictate how currency events in the middle of your month turn out, etc. What changes would you make?

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 12:31 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

One month isn't really a lot of time to do anything of note as comics are released monthly for the most part. You could influence single issues of various titles at best, imo.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 12:43 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Prematurely end the AvX fiasco

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 12:48 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Get everyone involved with X-Men since issue 500, take them out behind the Marvel offices, and shoot them.

While wearing a Deadpool costume and making puns.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 03:41 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'd keep continuity proceeding as normal, then in the final issue of my 'run' I would retcon both companies in their entirety.

...Then Marvel/DC would be forced to rebuild from the ground up.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 04:46 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Make a 'What if Rorshache killed the marvel universe?'

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 10:47 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
Make a 'What if Rorshache killed the marvel universe?'

More like Squirrel Girl kills both the Marvel and DC Omniverses and then Remakes Them In Her Image

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 24th, 2012 09:19 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Fire Bendis and Fraction

Promote Hickman

Put Loeb on dudes like Paladin, Wolverine (titles that don't include the entire cast of the X-Men), Iron Fist, DareDevil and Punisher. Because he can't wrtie big stories: He must remains on low-profile heroes. He did great with Batman and Spider-Man, and he has to stay with that type of character. No more Hulk.

Put Pak on Hercules and Hulk

Put Starlin on the cosmic aspects of the MU

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 01:17 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Endless Mike
More like Squirrel Girl kills both the Marvel and DC Omniverses and then Remakes Them In Her Image

Mmmmm...think I prefer Rorshache

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 09:08 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Fire Bendis and Fraction

Promote Hickman

Put Loeb on dudes like Paladin, Wolverine (titles that don't include the entire cast of the X-Men), Iron Fist, DareDevil and Punisher. Because he can't wrtie big stories: He must remains on low-profile heroes. He did great with Batman and Spider-Man, and he has to stay with that type of character. No more Hulk.

Put Pak on Hercules and Hulk

Put Starlin on the cosmic aspects of the MU

Wolverine, Batman, and Spider-Man are "low profile"? confused

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 09:36 AM
Bouboumaster

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Wolverine, Batman, and Spider-Man are "low profile"? confused

I meant by that that they can't punch a planet off.
It don't make sense that a dude like Thor, Superman or Hulk go off against, let say, the mafia, or any criminal gangs. On the other hands, people like Batman, Spider-Man, Wolverine, etc, already did.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 04:11 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Re: If you had your way for one month what would you do?

Originally posted by Damborgson
You have one month to make changes to Marvel/Dc. You can change the writer of a current story, get rid of writers altogether, make new series' with writers of your choice, dictate how currency events in the middle of your month turn out, etc. What changes would you make?

I'd be tempted to just revert stuff to pre-52. One month really isn't enough for a properly planned one, but.. at least a one month "Return of New Earth!" event that follows off of where things were would be fun.

I'd definitely get rid of the rapeazons and other facepalm-worthy choice over at WW, though. Oh, and un-mess up Blue Beetle.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 06:20 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

I'd return the JSA to the way they were pre-reboot, which, IMO, was perfection.

We don't need any more of the young-guns-learning-to-be-heroes schtick. I want the old guys to put the kids in their place.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jun 25th, 2012 06:43 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote