KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » What series of Thor should I introduce my friend to?

What series of Thor should I introduce my friend to?
Started by: Board Walker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Board Walker

What series of Thor should I introduce my friend to?

So I took my friend to see Thor Dark World, of which she greatly enjoyed it. Post of the movie she was asking me hundreds of questions of the lore, she also asked me what series of Thor to read that would give her a good understanding of Thor and loki.

Now personally I don't think comics from 40ish years ago is what she is looking for, I am thinking something more new that ties in with the movies.

Any recommendations of what comics I should show to her?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2013 07:56 AM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Re: What series of Thor should I introduce my friend to?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Board Walker

Now personally I don't think comics from 40ish years ago is what she is looking for

That's where some of the good stuff is from the writer Walter Simonson

but since you want something more recent try Thor by JMS (J. Michael Straczynski,) or even the current one by Jason Aaron volume 1 of it is out.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2013 08:10 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

The thor god of thunder would probably be best place to start. And then if she is still into it then definitely get some back issues of simonsons run. Many consider his Thor run to be the best.

Old Post Nov 10th, 2013 03:33 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Besides the restart under JMS, show her Thor: Ages Of Thunder by Matt Fraction, and the miniseries Loki by Rob Rodi and Esad Ribic. It will give her a sense of lore in modern terms, without having to extensively read other Marvel publications.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Nov 11th, 2013 05:34 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote