KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » An Idea for a Comic Book Character

An Idea for a Comic Book Character
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
golem370

An Idea for a Comic Book Character

The idea came to me reading about the power and strength of a Quasar the character is named and was born in a Quasar he would be incredibly dense and standing 6foot11 and in earth's gravity would way hundreds of tons he would be all but indestructible. This character could fly through suns like we walk through air. This character on earth could move at great running speed maybe Mach 3 and fly at beyond light speed. His skin would imperious to almost every known attack. He would have a instinctual mind that could learn at a slow pace. He could effect and control electromagnetic energy like Magneto. Even though weighting hundreds of tons he would have great reflexes in the superhuman level. Because of his dense skin mental attacks would not work and instead of a solid heart his body is kept going by cycling cosmic energy through it.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Last edited by golem370 on Mar 25th, 2014 at 05:12 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2014 05:10 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Character pic or it doesn't count. wink Also, what are you planning to do with this character?

I'm always interested in original creations. But more often than not, they go no further than minimal backstory.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 01:53 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

quote: (post)
Originally posted by golem370
The idea came to me reading about the power and strength of a Quasar the character is named and was born in a Quasar he would be incredibly dense and standing 6foot11 and in earth's gravity would way hundreds of tons he would be all but indestructible. This character could fly through suns like we walk through air. This character on earth could move at great running speed maybe Mach 3 and fly at beyond light speed. His skin would imperious to almost every known attack. He would have a instinctual mind that could learn at a slow pace. He could effect and control electromagnetic energy like Magneto. Even though weighting hundreds of tons he would have great reflexes in the superhuman level. Because of his dense skin mental attacks would not work and instead of a solid heart his body is kept going by cycling cosmic energy through it.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Tyros_(Earth-616)

stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 04:41 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Terrax is nothing to this guy to strong and durable.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Mar 29th, 2014 02:48 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Originally posted by Mindship
Character pic or it doesn't count. wink Also, what are you planning to do with this character?

I'm always interested in original creations. But more often than not, they go no further than minimal backstory.

I don't know just really thought to put something to paper. He is an abomination created in an extremely tough environment which makes him incredibly dense and durable he has incalculable strength in WWH level possible higher stick out tongue He would be a wondering the universe a freak of nature and he really only acts against extreme stimulation. Quasar is neither a hero or a bad guy he is just a nomad. Since I am not by any mean an artist I could not come close to a rendering of him.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Mar 29th, 2014 02:59 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I don't know just really thought to put something to paper. He is an abomination created in an extremely tough environment which makes him incredibly dense and durable he has incalculable strength in WWH level possible higher stick out tongue He would be a wondering the universe a freak of nature and he really only acts against extreme stimulation. Quasar is neither a hero or a bad guy he is just a nomad. Since I am not by any mean an artist I could not come close to a rendering of him.
Then write a short story. If you ever do wanna do something with this character, he needs a motivational force (proactive, not reactive), eg, extreme curiosity about the much "fluffier" world (ours) he finds himself suddenly in.

Also, you may have trademark problems with the moniker. evil face

Oh, and as far as drawing goes: find a good pic in a comic and trace it. It's not like you're submitting your work to an art contest. You just wanna get a visual. That alone can fire up your muse.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 01:36 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

what are the troubles, trials and tribulations he goes through? How do you find someone to challenge a guy who's invulnerable, ridiculously heavy, fast, strong and immune to mental attacks? Who can really challenge the amalgam of Superman, Silver Surfer, Magneto, Juggernaut and Doomsday?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 06:02 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Well like I said he is neither good or evil I could see him take on both good and evil teams. This guy might seem like other characters but he is specifically quasar-based character

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 06:31 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

But the question is, who can take him on? Sounds like he could take on an evil and good team at the same time and crush both of them. He has way too many powers with no weaknesses. He's essentially Gary Stu. What troubles does he face?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 06:52 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I could see him fighting Thanos, Void Sentry, Guardians of the Galaxy, Silver Surfer,Green Lanterns. Troubles well being judged because of the destruction that he capable of people trying to enslave him for their agenda. Maybe killing some important and being hunted.

Quasar is coming into earth he drop down from the clouds the impact leaves a good size crater standind near by is Rhino he a mix emotion fight or flight but he decides finally to charge this alien but the impact sends Rhino knocked out back a mile away Quasar come up to his attacker grabs him and flings him into a skysraper causing it to calapse then Quasar flys off. Forgive my lack of writing skill.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 08:14 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

It sounds like he has Hulk problems and to be honest, his powerset that you gave him sounds like he'd walk through all of those characters. How would you go about beating him? Does he have any weaknesses?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 08:20 PM
golem370

Energy absorbers could be a problem people like Reed might be able to stop him energy manipulators might stop him.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Mar 30th, 2014 08:41 PM
SamZED

I like the idea of a low level magician-super hero. Guys like Strange and Zatanna are boring because they should always be able to pull some sort of plot device to win at everything. Imagine a guy that can cast temporal bulletproof shield, has low level tk, can cast fire balls, ice spells and electric bolts. And thats it. Still he tries to fight street level crime. I'd pick that book.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 03:58 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I was inspired by a quasar which is a power natural event and a being come that extreme enviorment.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 02:40 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

If this is a character just for fun imagination stuff, that's cool. You can do whatever you want with him, obviously. But if you are looking to do something more, to involve others, he's going to need conflict for an interesting story: inner conflict, external, doesn't matter.

Where's the tension?. Without it, no one will stay interested in what happens to him or what he's doing (especially if there's no *pic evil face )

And yes, quasars are cool, though imho, they place second after gamma-ray bursts. stick out tongue

*Again, consider tracing if you can't draw. Back in the day, when I used to draw my own comics with original characters, sometimes I would trace. And believe it or not, the tracing alone improved my drawing.

Last edited by Mindship on Mar 31st, 2014 at 03:02 PM

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 02:57 PM
golem370

Look like this creature but smaller of course

Prometheon- http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Prometheon

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Apr 1st, 2014 11:27 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Look like this creature but smaller of course

Prometheon- http://dcanimated.wikia.com/wiki/Prometheon
Already I like the concept better cuz "he's" not your typical, bodybuilder type. Maybe a source of conflict could have something to do with why he has, though, even a vaguely humanoid shape.

Just brainstorming here.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2014 03:37 PM
golem370

One conflict is who he is how he came to be and what is his purpose figuring where he belongs.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Apr 1st, 2014 04:57 PM
golem370

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Apr 1st, 2014 09:08 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Video of that creature
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETCyegcEPEY
I remember the episode. It was a good one. Might've also been the first time I saw Superman in a space suit. huh

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2014 01:47 AM