KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Favourite type of fights

Favourite kind of fight?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
1 vs 1 3 33.33%
1 vs Team 3 33.33%
1 vs A LOT 2 22.22%
Team vs Team 1 11.11%
All out battles 0 0%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Favourite type of fights
Started by: krisblaze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
krisblaze

Favourite type of fights

Okay, so I've been wondering about this.

What type of fights do you enjoy the most?

1 vs 1

As in Thor vs Surfer, Batman vs Captain America, etc.

1 vs Team

Like Superman vs The Elite, Spider-Man vs the Sinister Six

1 vs A LOT

Like Punisher vs 50 mobsters or Superman vs parademons, etc

Team vs Team

Like Injustice League vs Justice League or Avengers vs X-Men

Or All Out Battles

Like the battle for metropolis in Infinite Crisis.

Thanks Estacado

Last edited by krisblaze on Sep 13th, 2014 at 06:04 AM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 05:56 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

One on one battles where a hero has to use his wits or smarts to take down someone more powerful than themselves. Superman vs Wraith has become one of my favorite fights of all time because Snyder wrote a complete badass Superman who doesn't just punches things and wins.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 06:12 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

I actually meant to add some stuff like 'underdog fights' and so on, but the edit timer ran out stick out tongue

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 06:19 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

Request this closed
Make a new thread
Add multiple choice

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 08:00 AM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

The Zeus vs Hulk fight was a good example of a classic beatdown I like to see.

Last edited by Insane Titan on Sep 13th, 2014 at 09:44 AM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 09:41 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

The other type of fight I like to see is the likes of Beta Ray Bill vs Stardust type.

Last edited by Insane Titan on Sep 13th, 2014 at 09:44 AM

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 09:42 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

The Galactus/Franklin/Celestials showdown was an epic. Though generally I prefer 1 vs team battles.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 09:58 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

I actually think I might side with Epicurus on this one.

I often like fights where there's one or two taking on larger teams.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 10:30 AM
One_Angry_Scot
----

I quite like 1v1 fights, especially as you can generally get a whole lot of focus on a character. Like you have with a Hulk vs Sentry or a Beta Ray Bill vs Stardust fight like Insane Titan mentioned.

But also team battles like Thanos and a certain amount of the Black Order vs the Avengers in Infinity is also awesome as if you get it right you can portray a huge amount of story in it while getting in cool bits of action.

For example you have the pieces in Infinity where Thanos is goading Thor.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 04:56 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

1 on 1 equal street levelers ala Cap vs BP
Underdog fights ala Spider-man vs Juggernaut
Complete ownage ala Sentry vs Terrax

Hate:
Long complicated cosmic battles where characters pull plot device powers and fight on "various plains of existence" or some other similar crap.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 02:44 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I like all types, as long as they're done well (especially those 'underdog' or 'complete ownage' fights). Also, the fight depends on the character. Eg, I like seeing Surfer take on multiple opponents, flying around, blasting things, whereas Superman I prefer in 1 on 1 combat.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2014 10:58 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

I like knock-down, drag-out battles where one or more sides take a serious beating and get severely beaten up in the process, and whether they win or lose you know they gave it their all.

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 12:28 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuleecat

WW Hulk was pretty good. Lots a variety in the characters trying to take Hulk down, and enough time given to most of the fights to make them interesting.
Once the roster gets too big and the fights become brawls, there just isn't enough time or space on the page for the writers/artists to do the confrontations any real justice, so you get dumb outcomes like in Avengers vs JLA, where big names get beaten down in one panel by someone with no business winning like that.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2014 11:34 AM
wuleecat is currently offline Click here to Send wuleecat a Private Message Find more posts by wuleecat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I like 1v1 ultra brutal fights, like Invincible vs. Conquest.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 04:00 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

I really enjoy various kinds, but I see 1v1 are getting a lot of votes.

Invincible vs Conquest was great, but I actually think Invincible/Nolan vs 3 Viltrumites were even more enjoyable!

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 04:58 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Request this closed
Make a new thread
Add multiple choice
thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2014 07:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Mods can edit polls, hmm

Are you mod yet Galan?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 29th, 2014 01:04 AM