KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Rumors of LOTR (kmc told me so)

Rumors of LOTR (kmc told me so)
Started by: Smodden

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

Sleep Rumors of LOTR (kmc told me so)

ok so how good has kmc been over the years with geting things right?

I mean did we predict things that did or did not happen in the movies before the movies were released?

here are a few i remember:

no saruman scenes: I heard it here first, long before everybody else

ROTK DVD early release date:...i was telin' everybody it was coming out may 25 but nobody believed me...

you guys also revealed several pics of ROTK before the release...which was helpfull in waiting for the movie

Shelob: i remember a huge discusion over shelob in the trailor started by coyboyography...about how the one in the clip was one of her children....so we missed that one...

gandalf dying.....:As in:Gandalf Dying as gandalf the white, somebody said he would die in ROTK....and many including me believed him....he had what seemed to be proof too. it sorta made since to that they would have a climactic death at the end.....but now it seems stupidsick

so please guys especially the seniors who have been here longer than most....share your experiences of rumors (true or false ones) that you remember seeing on kmc....
i remember coming here eveyday looking for news of the movies....and enjoying every min of it...big grin

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 01:10 AM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

I was here since August but I didn't post here in LOTR forum until ROTK came out. (Exa knows the reasons why...or at least I think so stick out tongue ) I was just lurking a little bit.

So I can't post anything here except this one of course. stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 02:20 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

I joined in November, and started posting on the Movie Discussion and Movie Review forums

Then I noticed there was a LOTR forum, yarr!

But smodden is right, this place r00lz and this is where my main source of info came from on Middle Earth,

Discos - because of this forum I started to read again shifty

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 03:41 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

I was the first of my friends to know the release date of ROTK (thx too the KMC LOTR people big grin ), and I've gotten lots of LOTR knowlage here too, you guys rule thumb up

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 04:47 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

when wiki appeared for a split second on the trailer everone was saying 'dude saurons in the movie!'

i was waiting for my agent to call....but unfortunately no

Im Back happy

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 05:24 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

well ive not really been here long enough and actually discovered this hidden world by accident stick out tongue

while searching for what "i give hope to the dunedain, but keep none for myself" and voila Thorondor joined you all yes

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 05:28 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

typed in 'Rotk Spoilers'

i had read the book stick out tongue but you know PJ he always changes or adds something..i wanted to be prepared

and i saw a link

exa- well im trying to avoid the ROTK SPOILERS....'

and i clicked...and found a whole thread!

so i joined up to see an attachment

and sauron as you know him was born

imagine if exa hadnt made that post

*sees kmc happily dancing hand in hand in silver and gold fields...with soothing classical music playing*

*shudders at the thought*

Im Back happy

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 05:34 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Thorondor
Love?

lol

*also found as a reulsult of exa*

she put in the translation stick out tongue

A God Among Geeks

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 05:50 PM
Thorondor is currently offline Click here to Send Thorondor a Private Message Find more posts by Thorondor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

wow, she brought two people here stick out tongue

i sent two thousand away...

i win stick out tongue laughing

Im Back happy

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 06:03 PM
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

quote:
Originally posted by sauron
when wiki appeared for a split second on the trailer everone was saying 'dude saurons in the movie!'

yeah i remember that....somethin 'bout aragorn and sauron dueling?!!?!

we didn't get everything right

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 08:35 PM
Smodden is currently offline Click here to Send Smodden a Private Message Find more posts by Smodden Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

i would love for that to be a deleted scene

P:J: oh yeah, heres something we threw together

*sauron comes out with his kickass mace*

Im Back happy

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 08:38 PM
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

maybee in 10 years for the LOTR trilogy Special-special EE DVD

Old Post Apr 21st, 2004 10:06 PM
azszhz
I Have No Name

am i the only one that didnt find this place cuz of Lotr

i was actually looking up X-men spoilers but the "you know when you obsessed" thread started my posting if it helps if it werent for that thread i might just be someone checking on things but nobody would even know i'm here (for the most)

battle and death, death and doom, doomed romance and death, and the occasional romantic doomed battle to the death

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 03:17 AM
azszhz is currently offline Click here to Send azszhz a Private Message Find more posts by azszhz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

OK..I posted again. stick out tongue

I suppose this thread already turned out to be like a "how did you discover KMC" kinda thread. stick out tongue

Well, to be honest, as Exa already knows (and I think Smod too? I can't remember) I discovered KMC because of X-Men. stick out tongue You see, I have so many obsessions, and other than Middle-earth, I also love the Marvel comic books and their film adaptations (especially X-Men). During that time, I thought that I already had a handful of LOTR forums to deal with. I'm a member of at least 10 LOTR forums during that time..LOL..so I didn't search for more.

I actually searched for more X-men forums...and Google brought me here. big grin I spent my first 3 months in KMC posting more stuff in the X-Men forum than here in the LOTR forum (I was just lurking here at first and I didn't want to post here because of the reason that only Exa knows *you know it, Exa..LOL* wink ) And I also wanted to avoid too much hype for a movie that hasn't come out yet..I don't know why? confused

Since ROTK came out, I started posting over here and I could remember than one of my first conversations here in this forum was with Exa and I already noticed some of sauron's hilarious posts. I then realized that the LOTR forum wasn't so bad after all. big grin

And now, I'm here. Knowing all of you guys and spending a lot of great times here. big grin

I never got to go back to the X-Men forum anymore for 4 months now. sad

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 05:40 AM
shadowy_blue is currently offline Click here to Send shadowy_blue a Private Message Find more posts by shadowy_blue Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

yeah shadowy nice story smile but i cant help noticing exa and smodd know some things that others dont

now everyone here knows i cant keep a secret at all, and i will meddle until it all works out for the best, or it all falls apart, in which case i claim to have known nothing

but still sad *feels left out*

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: *looks at PM inbox and awaits shadowys reply which will be filled with wonderous secrets

Im Back happy

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 05:51 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

I found this place by searching "Movie Discussion Forums" and this one was quite highly recomended, i started off in the moview reviews for a while

then I posted a review about TTT and it got moved to here.....and am like "whoa dude great stuff"

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 07:34 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

*dies*

my story is similar to s-b's except i came here for the spider-man forum.....which i used to own by the way....untill i discovered this place

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 08:21 PM
muse5
Fool of a Took

quote:
Originally posted by sauron

i remember that!! i think i started that thread... i remember talking about how there weren't going to be aragorn and arwen's wedding or eowyn and faramirs...
ooh, i remember how i discovered kmc, i found this picture that was driving me INSANE(er) and i was trying to find a place where there were discussions and i found this place and i was like, whoa kinda cool, there's my story... needless to say that picture did eventually surface up

A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time to love, a time to hate
A time for peace, I swear it’s not too late

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 11:05 PM
muse5 is currently offline Click here to Send muse5 a Private Message Find more posts by muse5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowy_blue

quote:
Originally posted by Smodden
*dies*

my story is similar to s-b's except i came here for the spider-man forum.....which i used to own by the way....untill i discovered this place

Why are you dying? stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2004 11:45 PM
Smodden
Keyblade Chosen

sauron scared me....embarrasment

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2004 03:05 AM