KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Welcome » Welcome » none

none
Started by: Janice Wyatt

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Janice Wyatt

none

Hi. I am new to this site so I really don't know much about waht goes on in here, but I am willing to give it a shot.I am a fan of anything Sci-Fi and the Matrix trilogy is one of my favorites. Does anyone out there get any kind of religious conotations to this movie? Some people see it as powerful religious meaning and I didn't get that from it, so I was wondering if anybody else did and why you think that way? I value all inputs and opinions. It isn't a matter of who's right or wrong. I just want to know what you think. Sincerely, Janice Wyatt

Old Post Dec 5th, 2003 06:23 PM
Janice Wyatt is currently offline Click here to Send Janice Wyatt a Private Message Find more posts by Janice Wyatt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

have a blast

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 12:00 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movie_freak

Welcome smile

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 04:16 AM
movie_freak is currently offline Click here to Send movie_freak a Private Message Find more posts by movie_freak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

hello and welcome!!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 05:30 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fitch
Free

welcome ! Enjoy u'reself !

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 09:18 AM
Fitch is currently offline Click here to Send Fitch a Private Message Find more posts by Fitch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BOPRecruit 16
Hunter By Nature

sup janice! enjoy your stay ^.~

Need to Reach Me? Then Please Contact Me Here: [SodapopAllerdyce/Xanga] [phantomtravel3r/LiveJournal]

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 11:25 AM
BOPRecruit 16 is currently offline Click here to Send BOPRecruit 16 a Private Message Find more posts by BOPRecruit 16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dinoman
Restricted

Account Restricted

i can tell u all about any moives and any thing that hasent come out yet just give me a way to contact u online and the moives name

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 01:42 PM
dinoman is currently offline Click here to Send dinoman a Private Message Find more posts by dinoman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naz
Super Senior Member

hello!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2003 03:59 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janice Wyatt

Hello to you all and thank you for welcoming me to this site.I am sure that this is going to be fun.But no one answered my question about the religous conotations of the Matrix and Christianity. Some of it I can understand, but like Morpheus as God. I don't get that. Some one I know likens Morpheus to God and I just don't see where he gets it from.If anyone was God in the Matrix then too me it would be the Oracle, even tho she was part of the system and not a "real" person. Reality is how you perceive it to be. Picasso said that everything you can imagine is real. How true that is. So lets talk about your ideas. I am sure that they are very interesting. Love, Janice

Old Post Dec 9th, 2003 05:39 PM
Janice Wyatt is currently offline Click here to Send Janice Wyatt a Private Message Find more posts by Janice Wyatt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vader
Sith Lord

Zion is how some Jews refer to Israel ( a holy land ) and Neo could be the Messiah other than that I see no major religious things going on.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 03:03 AM
Vader is currently offline Click here to Send Vader a Private Message Find more posts by Vader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hey JW! Enjoy your stay!

You should kinda take the chatter to the Matrix forum, if you want answers.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 05:51 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

welcome and have lots of fun smile

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 03:43 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grymlock
mountain of power

welcome and do have lot's of fun mate!!

cheers!!

- master of creator Godshinto

"In Darkness Everything Become Clearer Then Daylight" - King Diamond

"From Lashes To Ashes, From Lust To Dust" - Ville Valo (HIM)

Old Post Dec 10th, 2003 03:48 PM
grymlock is currently offline Click here to Send grymlock a Private Message Find more posts by grymlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thecutelioness

Tongue hello

hello i'm me, i love movies

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 03:20 AM
thecutelioness is currently offline Click here to Send thecutelioness a Private Message Find more posts by thecutelioness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thecutelioness

ok, about the movie the matrix
first, in the first movie, when neo sells the disc to the gang of junkies (remember to follow the white rabbit) the guy buying the disc calls him his savior, my own personal Jesus Christ.
2. Trinity- this one is pretty blatent as in the Father, Son and Holy Ghost
3. The Oracle- very reminicent of the Old Testament book of Judges
4. Zion- the last remaining human city, Zion- according to Judaism it was the first human city
5. he does die and is brought to life again (when he got shot in the very end of the movie, he died, then he comes to life again
6. Cypher- the guy who was a member of the crew of the Nebeccanezzer (sorry i misspelled it) (think like the apostles) betrayed the group to the machines the same as Judas did
7. The name of the ship that the were on was taken directly from the bible
The Matrix Reloaded
1. Most of the characters stay in their same roles
2. The Merovingian- here is an obscure reference, according to the book "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" the Merovingian line of French Kings were decended from the Daughter of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene.
there were also some other overt references in the second one but most of them i can't remember because it's been so long, but when i watch it again, i'll get back to you on it

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 03:33 AM
thecutelioness is currently offline Click here to Send thecutelioness a Private Message Find more posts by thecutelioness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Welcome to KMC! big grin

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 07:19 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

you guys do realise this thread is like two months old right? big grin

Old Post Mar 31st, 2005 05:58 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote