KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Talib Qweli, OAR, Roots, NERD tour

Talib Qweli, OAR, Roots, NERD tour
Started by: GABRIEL05

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

Talib Qweli, OAR, Roots, NERD tour

I just saw it and it was dope. But I'm not going to do a write up about it. So instead here's what I thought in a nut shell. Hmmm lets see

Talib - If you like Qweli, then this show was for you, if you aren't really familiar with his work, and couldn't understand a word he was trying to spit into the mic, then it was kinda disapointing. Talib word of advice: You'de rock the house more if we could understand you, turn the DJ down and you won't have to put the mic halfway down your throat just to be heard.

OAR - If you like this band good, if you don't probably better. They were tight and they had a dope sax, but they just weren't bringing the energy.

Roots - Rocked the house as expected. Everything was good except for the Cody Chestnut cover, a blatant shameless effort to get the young suburbanites out of their seats. But excellent overall musicianship. They even had some shout outs to some obscure jazz artists. GO ROOTS!

NERD - STAAAAAAAAR TREEEEEEEEEEK! STAAAAAAAAAAR TREEEEEEEEEEK! They met my expectations perfectly, only where's Chad? Yo Chad get off your ass put the chicken adobo down pick up a guitar and get rockin' you silly bint!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2003 08:45 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bunnies = omens
Loves Be-hatch

Sounds like a cool Tour, I would have loved to have gone sad

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 10:24 PM
bunnies = omens is currently offline Click here to Send bunnies = omens a Private Message Find more posts by bunnies = omens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
metal face
whatchootalkinboutwillis

sounds dope

the neptunes is basicly chad

but.....

QWELI!!!

I'm not a cobb or corn, so you can stop butterin' me up. I don't need you to tell me how good my coffee is. I'm the one who buys it, I know how ****in' good it is. When Bonnie goes shoppin;, she buys shit. I buy the gourmet expensive stuff 'cause when I drink it, I wanna taste it. But what's on my mind at this moment isn't the coffee in my kitchen, it's the dead ****** in my garage-Jimmie

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 10:34 PM
metal face is currently offline Click here to Send metal face a Private Message Find more posts by metal face Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Leg Kick
Aesculapius

i like Talib alot but isn't it Kweli? or Qweli? i might be wrong.

Life is short and the art long, the occasion instant, experiment perilous, decision difficult.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2004 11:46 PM
Dr. Leg Kick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Leg Kick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Leg Kick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

sounds good. i love NERD.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2004 09:46 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GABRIEL05
Doom Herald

whoah who dug THIS up?

Old Post Jan 17th, 2004 06:19 AM
GABRIEL05 is currently offline Click here to Send GABRIEL05 a Private Message Find more posts by GABRIEL05 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Castor
Castor, Natural

Talib Kweli is nice. He has some good, meaningful lyrics....this topic needs to be opened again

"Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

Old Post Apr 5th, 2004 07:07 PM
Castor is currently offline Click here to Send Castor a Private Message Find more posts by Castor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote