KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » The Off-Topic Forum » What's with this infatuation with iPods?

What's with this infatuation with iPods?
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Miffed What's with this infatuation with iPods?

What is this infatuation with iPods? There are numerous better MP3 players out there... you can't copy music from the device to the computer, thanks to copyright protection, and you have to pay a hundred dollars to get your battery replaced when it dies. Plus, they're so expensive... I'd prefer a Nomad or something; double the storage of an iPod, not even the cost of one... $269 for a 40 GB Nomad, $299 for a 20 GB iPod. And don't get me started on the minis, those are a ripoff that's waiting to bite you on the ass.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 04:42 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

No idea I do't care too much about them.Hey I have a computer I don't need anything else fancy!JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 04:43 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

Whats the best mp3 player I can get?

I dont need anything too big, just a 256 or 512 mb.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 04:43 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

They can get pretty big... but Apple makes them seem so great, yet they really aren't.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 04:52 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Filth

Dont like ipods much after reading that artical in computer active (i think) it was saying there battries only last about 4 houres, i just use one of the old 256 flash mp3 players, simple to use just plug it in the ubs port and drag your music on, the battari lasts about 10 houres whitch is good considering it only uses one 1,5v (AAA) and it holds about 50 tracks.

Dead on the inside and dieing on the outside...

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 04:59 PM
Filth is currently offline Click here to Send Filth a Private Message Find more posts by Filth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

What the hell is infatuation?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 05:22 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

dude everyone knows that

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 05:22 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

But im stoopid.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 05:23 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Definition:

1. [n] an object of extravagant short-lived passion
2. [n] foolish and usually extravagant passion or love or admiration
3. [n] temporary love of an adolescent

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 05:23 PM
Filth

lol

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 05:24 PM
Filth is currently offline Click here to Send Filth a Private Message Find more posts by Filth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

So, what I would describe as a crush?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 05:25 PM
Bardock42

you could have just said
Why are Ipods so ****ing ****ed up, ****?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 05:25 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Filth

thats could be said...

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 05:26 PM
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

I prefer my Dell Jukebox over the iPod. For 269$, I got the 20gb jukebox, the home charger, the car charger, a stand, a case, the adapter to play it through a tape player, the USB cable, a remote, and the FM tuner...The battery life is extraordinary IMO. I charged it, drove 8 hours to LA, used it a little bit every day for a week, used it the whole drive back, and used it for two weeks after I had gotten back. I have had absolutely no problems with it...for 269$, from Dell, that's not too shabby...seeing how Apple doesn't offer any nice package deals, you have to buy all the above accessories for the iPod separately...which will cost you more.

The iPod is so popular because it introduced a new way to carry around your music, lots of it, in a convenient way. Yes, I'm fully aware of other mp3 players, and ones that were out before it. But the iPod was the one which was globally accepted.

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 05:39 PM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Filth

Hmmm i heard some good things about the dell jukebox tho its a bit pricy for me

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 05:42 PM
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

$259 for a 40 GB Nomad... I think that's a better deal than anything out there.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 07:59 PM
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

what does the Nomad come with? any extra accessories, or is it 259 for the player, headphones, and home charger? I have never messed with one, just seen images. Are the buttons on it sorta like buttons on a TV remote control, where they are soft? or are they plastic/hard? How do you scroll through songs?

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 08:11 PM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fetcharada
OutrageousBiatch~!

three guesses for who just got an iPod mini no expression

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 09:26 PM
Fetcharada is currently offline Click here to Send Fetcharada a Private Message Find more posts by Fetcharada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Batman? Paola? God?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 09:27 PM
Fetcharada
OutrageousBiatch~!

Next person? stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 25th, 2004 09:30 PM
Fetcharada is currently offline Click here to Send Fetcharada a Private Message Find more posts by Fetcharada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote