KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTJ Luke vs TPM Darth Maul

ROTJ Luke vs TPM Darth Maul
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel95

ROTJ Luke vs TPM Darth Maul

You know the routine:
Sabers
Force
All out

If Luke wins, round 2 is SOD Maul

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:51 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Maul.
Maul.
Maul.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 04:54 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Maul wins.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:12 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

I think rotj Luke is underrated, but maybe it's just me.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:43 AM
Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

He managed to keep up with an emotionally hindered Vader meaning he has top notch physicals. It's just his skill and combative applications of the force are lacking.

Maul can match all of his physicals however and is more skilled and has more combative applications of the force.

It's in no way a stomp and is an extremely even fight I just see Maul taking a majority.

Last edited by Syndicate on Nov 27th, 2015 at 05:53 AM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:46 AM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

Additionally I remembered by RotJ Luke had lifted an ATST and turned on all the computers in Cloud City which is on par with force pushing TPM Kenobi and Maul musing about collapsing a barracks.

Round 2 should be a tie or in Luke's favor if we're comparing raw power though Maul has demonstrated more combative applications.

Last edited by Syndicate on Nov 27th, 2015 at 05:52 AM

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:49 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

May ILS be merciful...

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 05:50 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

ILS actually has a high opinion of Luke

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 06:04 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

I don't know where to rank ROTS Luke, but its somewhere between Ventress and Dooku, meaning I'm completely unsure of how this fight goes other than that it won't be a stomp either way.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 06:10 AM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I don't know where to rank ROTS Luke, but its somewhere between Ventress and Dooku, meaning I'm completely unsure of how this fight goes other than that it won't be a stomp either way.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 06:34 AM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cs_zoltan

Pretty sure RotS Luke is a newborn.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 10:43 AM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I'd say between Ventress and ROTS Anakin level.

My guess is around Early TCW Anakin level. Because I think anything late into TCW and Anakin's skill set should be beyond ROTJ Luke.

But it's just a guess tbh.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 11:37 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Really? Luke should have superior physicals to Anakin and is likely an equal if not superior duelist. I'd put Luke marginally above him.
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Pretty sure RotS Luke is a newborn.
If he's between Ventress & Dooku he must be. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 12:27 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Beniboybling
Really? Luke should have superior physicals to Anakin and is likely an equal if not superior duelist.

Anakin at which point? ROTS?

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 02:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Yes.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 02:26 PM
Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Personally don't see how that's possible tbh. Seen as from everything we know Anakin would have had the higher potential, and ROTJ Luke had just completed his training. Whereas ROTS Anakin was like 3 years post Knighthood.

But maybe that's just me.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 02:34 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Well we have to consider that Luke appears capable of matching Vader's strength, and several fairly sources reinforce this. Fightsaber also strongly suggests that Luke as a Djem So duelist was every bit his fathers equal if not better. And as far as TK is concerned, Anakin isn't really any better than Luke.

Should Anakin logically have a higher potential, being the Chosen One? Maybe but then the Force works in mysterious ways ( stick out tongue ) and Luke wouldn't be the first Force user to be seemingly stronger than their parents e.g. Galen Marek, Jacen Solo. There isn't really any evidence to suggest that one's potential in the Force is equational to the combined potential of their parents, or follows any real rules at all.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 02:54 PM
Darth Thor

No I was just under the impression Anakin was the one with the greatest potential of all Jedi/Sith. Even greater than his children. I'd be surprised if Luke actually had Greater potential than Anakin anyway.

Well it's not like we saw Anakin matched up against Vader in Sabers, so hard to draw conclusions that way. Remember Anakin had completely mastered Djem So. But I suppose that was by ROTS which would aid your point.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 03:06 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Originally posted by Darth Thor
No I was just under the impression Anakin was the one with the greatest potential of all Jedi/Sith. Even greater than his children. I'd be surprised if Luke actually had Greater potential than Anakin anyway.
And I'm saying there is no real reason why Luke couldn't have inherited that potential and then some.
quote:
Well it's not like we saw Anakin matched up against Vader in Sabers, so hard to draw conclusions that way. Remember Anakin had completely mastered Djem So. But I suppose that was by ROTS which would aid your point.
True but Vader had 20 years additional training which in part he used to master and incorporate additional forms.

I'ts not as if Vader suffered memory loss, so he is only building on prior mastery, the only thing that could have limited his skill was his suit, but sources state he largely overcame that. At the very least Luke is in Anakin's league.

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 03:13 PM
cs_zoltan

I thought Luke inherited and fulfilled Anakin's potential.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Nov 27th, 2015 03:14 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote