KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Welcome » Welcome » Interesting site, thank you for the welcome!

Interesting site, thank you for the welcome!
Started by: baiyun

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
baiyun

Interesting site, thank you for the welcome!

Hi, I am probably your senior member. I love movies and always have. I am afraid that many of you are way too young to have experienced the wonderful days at the movies that my generation had. Saturday Matinees, double features with a cliff hanging serial we couldn't miss. Cost 15 cents for all of that. Good clean entertainment too. The movie versions of books really ended the same way then, too.

Anyway, I am a grandmother, retired from the United States, living now in Shanghai, China where I teach English to Chinese students, and to adults. I also train their English teachers. It is exciting and a new adventure everyday.

It is easy to get movies here, they steal everything. Makes me sad in a way, but then I would not get to see them at all if they didn't. The worse part is that those in the inside of the studios and people in the Academy, people in trusted positions, are making extra money, because many of the dvds have "property of.....for screening purposes only...for members of the academy only....and director's screening copy only...not for sale or rent....and this flashes across the screen. No big loss to the buyer as they only cost the equivalent of 1.20 u.s. but what a loss to the artists and to the studios, too bad!.. anyway, hello and thanx for the welcome.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 02:18 PM
baiyun is currently offline Click here to Send baiyun a Private Message Find more posts by baiyun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Bienvenidos al mundo del KMC

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 02:46 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

A grandmother!
Grammies= All thats is awesome!

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 02:48 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

hello

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 08:29 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Seyo Kane
European Ikemen

Welcome there, Baiyun. A bad matter, all this piracy stuff.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 01:23 PM
Seyo Kane is currently offline Click here to Send Seyo Kane a Private Message Find more posts by Seyo Kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cruel jedi
A PrOpHeT oF tHe DaRkSiDe

hey welcome to KMC!!

<<<Scatter Senbonzakura>>>

Old Post Mar 18th, 2005 02:07 PM
cruel jedi is currently offline Click here to Send cruel jedi a Private Message Find more posts by cruel jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Corran
Lucifer

Welcome to humanity's greatest product of insanity - The KMC forums.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2005 10:29 AM
Corran is currently offline Click here to Send Corran a Private Message Find more posts by Corran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shugie99

Welcome Baiyun. I totall agree in regards to people stealing movies. It looks like the Motion Picture Association is really cracking down. I just read about them arresting some college student for doing this.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 03:06 PM
shugie99 is currently offline Click here to Send shugie99 a Private Message Find more posts by shugie99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Wow,you sound like a really interesting person.welcome. smile

Old Post Mar 29th, 2005 04:24 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote