KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Heaven and Hell: Wtf?

Heaven and Hell: Wtf?
Started by: Illuminati

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Heaven and Hell: Wtf?

I don't get it. What makes Heaven better than hell. The only difference is it to me is Heaven's depicted as a flowery cloud full of bright lights and a clear blue sky. Hell is depicted as this bad ass fire pit filled with lava and all that awesome shit...

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 12:20 AM
NK-Syndrome is currently offline Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gordomuchacho

Re: Heaven and Hell: Wtf?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Illuminati
I don't get it. What makes Heaven better than hell. The only difference is it to me is Heaven's depicted as a flowery cloud full of bright lights and a clear blue sky. Hell is depicted as this bad ass fire pit filled with lava and all that awesome shit...

Hell has been depicted by christians to be an awful place, if you do not lives by gods rules. However, I have also read material that suggests hell is being distant from god. No fire pits, no torture, a place where you can do whatever you want, but just far away from god. Basically if you don't want to be near god or accept his existence then you just do your own thing in the afterlife. Since god is supposed to be the one thing we want to be closest to, then heaven is just an existence where we are close to god. Maybe not the living on clouds with flowers everywhere kind of thing, just like hell, an existence being close to god

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 12:49 AM
gordomuchacho is currently offline Click here to Send gordomuchacho a Private Message Find more posts by gordomuchacho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gordomuchacho

*unlike hell, an existence close to god

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 12:51 AM
gordomuchacho is currently offline Click here to Send gordomuchacho a Private Message Find more posts by gordomuchacho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

Well, I guess we'll just have to be patient until death then and enjoy life...

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 12:54 AM
NK-Syndrome is currently offline Click here to Send NK-Syndrome a Private Message Find more posts by NK-Syndrome Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Its the company you'll be keeping in either place...

hmm... lessons in hatred from hitler?

or guitar lessons from jimi hendrix?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 12:58 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NK-Syndrome
Nonexistant

That's another thing.

Hitler wasn't evil. He just thought differently from you and me. Just because he had different thoughts, he goes to hell?

All sounds pretty stupid to me.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 01:49 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

That's another thing.

Hitler wasn't evil. He just thought differently from you and me. Just because he had different thoughts, he goes to hell?

Its not that he thought differently, its that he used those thoughts to justify the murder of millions of his fellow man...

and for me, heaven = anything you want it to be... hell? not so good...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 02:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

If hell exists (which I don't believe in) I honestly hope I end up there. I want to enjoy myself there to spite whatever Creator decided to make it. I figure any mental, spiritual, or physical punishment can't be bad enough that I can't get used to it and eventually enjoy it, provided I have an eternity to work at it. Eventually, you can only go so far with any form of punishment....at some point it just becomes sheer annihilation. And being completely obliterated from existence has to be somewhat akin to being at peace, and anything less is tolerable on some intellectual level, so I figured I'm covered no matter what they try.

smile

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 02:10 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by DigiMark007
If hell exists (which I don't believe in) I honestly hope I end up there. I want to enjoy myself there to spite whatever Creator decided to make it. I figure any mental, spiritual, or physical punishment can't be bad enough that I can't get used to it and eventually enjoy it, provided I have an eternity to work at it. Eventually, you can only go so far with any form of punishment....at some point it just becomes sheer annihilation. And being completely obliterated from existence has to be somewhat akin to being at peace, and anything less is tolerable on some intellectual level, so I figured I'm covered no matter what they try.

smile

Thats one way of looking at it... stick out tongue

me? brief stint in heaven doing all the things i've always wanted to do, then a spot of reincarnation...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 02:13 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by pr1983
Thats one way of looking at it... stick out tongue

me? brief stint in heaven doing all the things i've always wanted to do, then a spot of reincarnation...

Fair enough. Your way sounds good too. Mine spites the Almighty....but yours is more fun. wink

I'm just hoping for a comics-style multiverse (read up on current super-string theory...there's actually real scientific theories to back up hypotheses of that sort). Of course, it may be wrong, but why not hope as long as we have the pseudo-science to justify it. And basically I just want to be reincarnated as Spider-Man in an alternate universe.

:dork:

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 02:26 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fair enough. Your way sounds good too. Mine spites the Almighty....but yours is more fun. wink

I'm just hoping for a comics-style multiverse (read up on current super-string theory...there's actually real scientific theories to back up hypotheses of that sort). Of course, it may be wrong, but why not hope as long as we have the pseudo-science to justify it. And basically I just want to be reincarnated as Spider-Man in an alternate universe.

:dork:

Superman in mine... dump lois and get diana... a woman i won't break in half...

:superdork: stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 02:30 AM
Great Vengeance

That's another thing.

The answer is....that there is no heaven or hell.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 02:46 AM
Great Vengeance is currently offline Click here to Send Great Vengeance a Private Message Find more posts by Great Vengeance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Superman in mine... dump lois and get diana... a woman i won't break in half...

:superdork: stick out tongue

Pfft! And if Diana denies you? No, I'd rather have my pick of women, rather than be an overpowered god who can't get some tail to save his life. wink

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 02:52 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Pfft! And if Diana denies you? No, I'd rather have my pick of women, rather than be an overpowered god who can't get some tail to save his life. wink

Deny me? Yeah, like thats going to happen... wink

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 02:54 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Deny me? Yeah, like thats going to happen... wink

Ah, that's right....you're Superman. You'll just discover your pheremone attack and seduce Diana or some sh*t like that.

You win this round sir. *nods cordially*

Oh and sorry for the off-topic stuff.

embarrasment

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 02:58 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Ah, that's right....you're Superman. You'll just discover your pheremone attack and seduce Diana or some sh*t like that.

You win this round sir. *nods cordially*

Oh and sorry for the off-topic stuff.

embarrasment

lol... big grin

well, technically, its our definitions of heaven, so it cant be that off topic...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 03:05 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

smile

Huh.

Contrary to popular belief, the body doesn't adjust to pain like it does other sensations. Spite God if you will. He doesn't care--at least, not in the way that you want Him to care.

Hell isn't some place that you just get to screw around in, though. It's a bad, bad place.

That's another thing.

Whoever said that Hitler was in hell?

Anyway, I'm tempted to start lecturing people on the beliefs of Christians, since there seems to be a large pool of misconception in which many KMC members enjoy frolicking, but I figure, what's the point? They don't care. They aren't going to change.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 03:14 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by FeceMan
Huh.

Contrary to popular belief, the body doesn't adjust to pain like it does other sensations. Spite God if you will. He doesn't care--at least, not in the way that you want Him to care.

Hell isn't some place that you just get to screw around in, though. It's a bad, bad place.

Whoever said that Hitler was in hell?

Anyway, I'm tempted to start lecturing people on the beliefs of Christians, since there seems to be a large pool of misconception in which many KMC members enjoy frolicking, but I figure, what's the point? They don't care. They aren't going to change.

i said it... erm

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 03:17 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

i said it... erm

I didn't...really mean...literally.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 03:18 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by FeceMan
I didn't...really mean...literally.

I know... but just in case... stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 03:20 AM