KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » drugs

drugs
Started by: lucija

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lucija
xxx

drugs

what do you think about drugs? are you using some for example when you want to enjoy yourself or you hate them? which drugs did you try?I'm interested in your answers wink

Old Post Aug 7th, 2004 08:48 PM
lucija is currently offline Click here to Send lucija a Private Message Find more posts by lucija Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Zero
Darth Xero

Cannabis
LSD
Mushrooms of many varieties

Also the drugs that even the anti-drugs people use in all their wild hypocrisy. Caffeine, nicotine and alcohol.

Cannabis was a social drug, the psychedelics i took as a means to explore other ways of looking at the world and to try to free myself from social programming and learned behavior.

These days I'm drug free and high on Jesus. Or some days i freebase Satan, depending on my mood.

I strongly believe that drugs should be legalized and information about them should be readily available, if people want to use them, foolishly or not, it's there own choice.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2004 09:30 PM
Mr Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

I agree to a point with Mr Zero. The problem is self control. While some can handle those drugs others get carried away, the same as with alcohol. Although miss-use of illicit drugs has the potential to do far more damage to the user, physically and mentally. I myself don't take drugs, but at the same time have nothing against them. I do drink on occasion but never in excess. When I do drink it's to actually enjoy the beverage, not to get totally wasted. I think that's just stupid.

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 01:40 AM
WhiteEagle is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteEagle a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteEagle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"I agree to a point with Mr Zero. The problem is self control. "

THE problem isn't self-control. Purely because it's not a universal problem, you know what I mean?

Self-control as far as drugs are concerned would never be a problem with me because whenever I choose to do them and whichever ones I try will be of my own will. I will do so after I have researched them and do it in an environment I feel comfortable in. Psychedelics are what I will eventually get around to trying.

I mean yeah, make all drugs legal and put info out for those smart enough to research. Those who don't made use of their freedom to take them but not to research. Which is stupid for many reasons. One of which being that you will miss everything you're supposed to gain from the trip, another being just randomly choosing a drug (so you could hit upon a real dangerous one.) Also, you would get people taking random drugs, getting high and experiencing terrible downs and then complaining that the info wasn't available when it was and they just didn't bother to check.

Legalising drugs would solve many many many problems. The biggest of which being the deterioration of street drug dealers. Why buy them off some random guy when you can go into a pharmacy, buy them reasonably priced with a factsheet and go about your day?

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 02:40 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

When I said self control I was referring to people understanding their own physical limits to taking drugs. Too much of anything can be bad for you.

While you may be very sensible about illicit drugs others are not. People will take drugs not fully understanding what it may do to them, take drugs in dangerous environments because of peer pressure and obtain drugs through dodgy sources. If the problem weren't self control you would hardly ever hear of people overdosing, which is a problem in countries all over the world.

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 03:19 AM
WhiteEagle is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteEagle a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteEagle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"People will take drugs not fully understanding what it may do to them, take drugs in dangerous environments because of peer pressure and obtain drugs through dodgy sources. If the problem weren't self control you would hardly ever hear of people overdosing, which is a problem in countries all over the world"

Yeah but it's their problem. The responsible ones are suffering because of the morons. It's their fault if they abuse them.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2004 03:40 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

In your country do you think there are more responsible users or morons?

-Albert Camus

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 12:42 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i used to hang around wit people who used different types of drugs ... and i watched them turn from respectable people to complete mrons... most of them in the group did drugs because they wanted to fit in ... i managed to keep all of my friends i never took one thing ... so it just shows that u dont need to do wat everyone else is around u to fit in ..

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 01:43 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

I used to do all different kinds of drugs.
Cocaine, heroine, shrooms, and mary janes were my big ones

But I quit that, doing drugs was the worst mistake of my life

My Sig Gallery Taking Requests

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 01:49 PM
CherryPop is currently offline Click here to Send CherryPop a Private Message Find more posts by CherryPop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"In your country do you think there are more responsible users or morons?"

Dude I'm from England, there's more morons than responsible people here overall. Let alone drug users.

"I used to do all different kinds of drugs.
Cocaine, heroine, shrooms, and mary janes were my big ones

But I quit that, doing drugs was the worst mistake of my life"

Even if I wanted to try drugs I know better than to try Heroin. Possibly the worst, most dangerous drug. Cocaine is a bit dodgy. So surely not blame Shrooms and Marijuana for all that.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 03:36 PM
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

I was going through a rough time and drugs seemed to be the best thing for me. But i was wrong

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:23 PM
CherryPop is currently offline Click here to Send CherryPop a Private Message Find more posts by CherryPop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Ash mate, ditto. Never tried heroin but I think that was down to my environment. Glady, the opportunity never arose for me to actually try that particular narcotic, but I'm also taking some of the avoidance credit because I could have found it had I wanted to. I've experimented with cocaine, amphetamines and a lot of marijuana, speed being the one I got hooked on. But I'm almost 20 now, clean and experienced, which is more than I can say for the people who have never tried drugs but still try to tell me I'm a bad person for doing so.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:24 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Delicious1
I was going through a rough time and drugs seemed to be the best thing for me. But i was wrong

Hun, you and I both know that it goes deeper than that. Going through rough times and taking drugs to forget is all well and good, but you've also got to have a little curiosity to have tried them. Know what I mean?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:25 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

I agree. Alot of people say I'm a terrible person for trying it and they refuse to talk to me. And for a while i believed it. One of the many reasons I've been so messed up. But I know i'm not a bad person and I'm clean and happy and that's all that matters.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:29 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's the mentality people need. If you try drugs and find that they lead you to bad places but clean up and lead a clean life. Then you've had the experience and come through. But recognised that there are two sides to the coin in that people can try drugs such as Shrooms regularly and be fine. Drugs can open the gate to bad gardens, whether you walk through the gate or not is down to you. Some people can, some sadly can't. Some, such as you Delicious and Syren, can enter the bad places that CAN be sadly accessed through drugs and walked out without any bad feelings to those who do use them.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:33 PM
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That's the mentality people need. If you try drugs and find that they lead you to bad places but clean up and lead a clean life. Then you've had the experience and come through. But recognised that there are two sides to the coin in that people can try drugs such as Shrooms regularly and be fine. Drugs can open the gate to bad gardens, whether you walk through the gate or not is down to you. Some people can, some sadly can't. Some, such as you Delicious and Syren, can enter the bad places that CAN be sadly accessed through drugs and walked out without any bad feelings to those who do use them.

-AC

The recognition in that statement has actually moved me. You said you are planning on trying certain drugs? Have you experienced any at all? If not, then I think you have the requisite mentality already inbuilt, you've appreciated what Ash and I have done and seen with no experience of your own, and I'm glad of that. Thanks AC yes

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 04:37 PM
The Rover

Let's see....
Crack Cocaine
Marijuana
Heroine
etc..

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 06:38 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Revan
-

I probably will never try illegal drugs of any kind, but I don't have anything against people who have used them. I'm also in favor of all drugs being legalized.

I hate to say this, but quite a few people who use drugs ARE morons. I'm not referring to any of the people in this thread, because I know you're all reasonable people. But the vast majority of "reasonable" people don't use drugs, or if they have, recognize now that it was a mistake in their case.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 06:49 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"The recognition in that statement has actually moved me. You said you are planning on trying certain drugs? Have you experienced any at all? If not, then I think you have the requisite mentality already inbuilt, you've appreciated what Ash and I have done and seen with no experience of your own, and I'm glad of that. Thanks AC"

No problem. I have seen how drugs can affect decent people if they get involved with the wrong ones so I'm happy for you that you were able to pull through and still have such a sensible mentality.

No I haven't experience with any drugs, I plan to try Shrooms some day but I haven't as of yet. I just you know, do what most don't and survey my surroundings and things happening in them and learn from it.

Thanks for the recognition also. Appreciated.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 07:42 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i would never try ne form of drug ... my friends x-bf beat up someone wit a broken bottle while he was drugged up and he clamed he didnt realise he had the bottle in his hand (( he is now surving time in prison (again) for wat he did

Old Post Aug 9th, 2004 07:46 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote