KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Does God have a right to judge us?

Does God have a right to judge us?
Started by: BlackC@t

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Does God have a right to judge us?

They say after we die God has a talk with us and asks us why we did everything we did. But does he really have a right too?

Isn't it said that he does everything for a reason? so didn't he make us do those thing? So what's the point on asking us why?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 03:46 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DuronKiller
loves you

god gave us a free will... thats why he wont stop anyone from a murder cause then this person would have no longer a free will... so... he created us... i think he has the right to judge us, because he gave all those rules how we should live and could live in harmony and we just ignore these rules and do what we like to do... so he has the right to judge us because we didnt keep the rules smile

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 10:43 AM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

He has a right to judge us

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 10:46 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
42Bardock
Restricted

Account Restricted

He has a right to shut the **** up, its granted tol him in the constitution. Maybe he and Twelve other godws can judge another god but no humans that is unfair.

You are not telling nobody nothing

Last edited by Raz on Jan 22nd, 2005 at 05:56 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 12:20 PM
42Bardock is currently offline Click here to Send 42Bardock a Private Message Find more posts by 42Bardock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by 42Bardock
He has a right to shut the **** up, its granted tol him in the constitution. Maybe he and Twelve other godws can judge another god but no humans that is unfair.

Word, word, word, word, WORD! I agree with everything you say apart from the flippant homophobic comment.

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Last edited by Raz on Jan 22nd, 2005 at 06:22 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 03:51 PM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Duron said it best.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 04:20 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

quote:
Originally posted by DuronKiller
god gave us a free will... thats why he wont stop anyone from a murder cause then this person would have no longer a free will... so... he created us... i think he has the right to judge us, because he gave all those rules how we should live and could live in harmony and we just ignore these rules and do what we like to do... so he has the right to judge us because we didnt keep the rules smile

Amen sister or brother.I argee with yu 100%JM Happy Dance

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 11:18 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

he has an easy live:
create imperfect beings, then when they die judge they were imperfect

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 12:49 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DuronKiller
loves you

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
he has an easy live:
create imperfect beings, then when they die judge they were imperfect

the construction "man" is perfect. no it isnt. it is not perfect anymore. it was perfect as there was no sin, in paradise. everything that seems to be not perfect is not perfect because we dont live as god claimed adam and eve to live their lifes.
when the devil made eve sin, god could have fought the sin at once by eliminating the devil and eve. but god liked so much what he created, so he wasnt able to eliminate adam and eve. in this story you see again this free will thing.... god is all-knowing so he sure knew and saw and heard when eve ate the fruit. but he gave man a free will so he didnt stop her before eating it.
as god appreciates fairness he couldnt say "well im making an exception here, eve can live on"...
thats a point of pedagogy here. if a child does something it isnt allowed to, the mother makes an exception and doesnt punish her child (i dont mean physical punishment though the result may be reached too, but thats not the point here) ... if she doesnt punish her child however... the child will just repeat what it has done, when it likes too...
so god had to punish eve or else she would have eaten the forbidden fruit again and again.
so he had to make a fair way of allowing eve to live on. thats why sin and man co-exist now. there is no imperfectness just a less suitable way of use of "man"...

confused

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 01:27 AM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NothingInVein
Restricted

Account Restricted

I dont care. i'm an infidel and proud

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 04:35 AM
NothingInVein is currently offline Click here to Send NothingInVein a Private Message Find more posts by NothingInVein Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

our gods are as fickle and inconsistent as we are.... of our gods, only Hel judges anyone, giving reward for all the good you did, and punishment for all the evil... we don't have this black and white split between good and evil, but acknowledge that we have in each of us the capacity for both... men and gods alike....

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 02:52 PM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DuronKiller
loves you

quote:
Originally posted by big gay kirk
our gods are as fickle and inconsistent as we are.... of our gods, only Hel judges anyone, giving reward for all the good you did, and punishment for all the evil... we don't have this black and white split between good and evil, but acknowledge that we have in each of us the capacity for both... men and gods alike....

my statement was from the christian point of view because the topic seemed to mean the christian god.... and then humans are just perfect but with the influence of evil we start doing evil things and because weve got a free will we could decide to stop doing evil things and pray for remission for the bad things weve already done... if we do not we have still something bad and evil in us for what we didnt pray for remission to god and so he doesnt care anymore if we die or live on...

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 03:46 PM
yerssot

he created an imperfect being nonetheless, if they were perfect they wouldn't have gone for the forbidden fruit and so creating sin. So we get screwed over time after time because god made an imperfect being and is punishing us for it.

god could also have eliminated the devil before he went to eve... or even better, never accepted/created/whatever him as an angel if he knew in his all mighty power that he would fall and become the devil.

there is a big difference between letting your kid do something it's not supposed to and screwing up menkind till eternity for a mistake one person did millenia ago, nice god that is!

quote:
the construction "man" is perfect. no it isnt. it is not perfect anymore. it was perfect as there was no sin, in paradise. everything that seems to be not perfect is not perfect because we dont live as god claimed adam and eve to live their lifes.
when the devil made eve sin, god could have fought the sin at once by eliminating the devil and eve. but god liked so much what he created, so he wasnt able to eliminate adam and eve. in this story you see again this free will thing.... god is all-knowing so he sure knew and saw and heard when eve ate the fruit. but he gave man a free will so he didnt stop her before eating it.
as god appreciates fairness he couldnt say "well im making an exception here, eve can live on"...
thats a point of pedagogy here. if a child does something it isnt allowed to, the mother makes an exception and doesnt punish her child (i dont mean physical punishment though the result may be reached too, but thats not the point here) ... if she doesnt punish her child however... the child will just repeat what it has done, when it likes too...
so god had to punish eve or else she would have eaten the forbidden fruit again and again.
so he had to make a fair way of allowing eve to live on. thats why sin and man co-exist now. there is no imperfectness just a less suitable way of use of "man"...

confused

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 11:41 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Well said yerssot, I agree whole-heartedly.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 11:58 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

and who is humanity (we who judge everything and anything on a daily basis) to ask this question?

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 06:02 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DuronKiller
loves you

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
he created an imperfect being nonetheless, if they were perfect they wouldn't have gone for the forbidden fruit and so creating sin. So we get screwed over time after time because god made an imperfect being and is punishing us for it.

god could also have eliminated the devil before he went to eve... or even better, never accepted/created/whatever him as an angel if he knew in his all mighty power that he would fall and become the devil.

there is a big difference between letting your kid do something it's not supposed to and screwing up menkind till eternity for a mistake one person did millenia ago, nice god that is!

sure we are build perfect... the human body and mind is just perfect. why wouldnt it be perfect if we eat the forbidden fruit? thats the point of a free will. we can choose to either live with god or with the devil. if we wouldnt be able to choose the life with the devil (because of much more intelligence which would let us see a life with the devil as crap) we would have no free will since our destination is to decide between god and the devil. we are just perfect for this assignment, because as i said, if we wouldnt choose the devil (at least the coice has to be there), we would have no free will in this aspect and we would mistake our destination (the choice).

i dont know why god didnt you dont know either, but that doesnt change a thing because we still are responsible for what we do.

no god isnt screwing up menkind! that are we ourselves... god gave us rules. if we were all behaving after these rules we all were happy (cause we wouldnt do any sin and would all live in harmony).

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 12:22 PM
Adam_PoE

God punishing Adam and Eve for eating from the Tree of Knowledge is equivocal to putting a three year old child in a room with a knife and punishing him when he cuts himself.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 02:12 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DuronKiller
loves you

no adam and eve took advantage of it so you cant compare it with a child who cuts himself

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 06:20 AM
Adam_PoE

quote:
no adam and eve took advantage of it so you cant compare it with a child who cuts himself

God created a world without sin and Adam and Eve without knowledge of good and evil. If Eve had no knowledge of good and evil or right and wrong, how can she punished? If I put a three year old child in a room with a knife and told him not to play with it, should I be surprised when he does or punish him when he hurts himself as the result of my own negligence?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 08:12 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
If Eve had no knowledge of good and evil or right and wrong, how can she punished?
this is where they go, she was tricked by the serpent

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 11:38 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote