KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » $20 bill to switch pic of Jackson for Tubman

$20 bill to switch pic of Jackson for Tubman
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

$20 bill to switch pic of Jackson for Tubman

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-...0420-story.html

quote:
The back of the $5 bill will also be redesigned to include opera singer Marian Anderson, First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt and civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.

quote:
With Hamilton's position secure, and with the Obama administration under pressure to add diversity to the currency, Lew's compromise is to replace a picture of the Treasury building on the back of the $10 with leaders of the suffrage movement — Sojourner Truth, Susan B. Anthony, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, Alice Paul and Lucretia Mott.

Surprised no one's posted this. Unless they have. In which case, whoops.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 01:57 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FinalAnswer
Flower

Jackson was an ******* anyway.

Howdy!

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 02:07 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Jackson was an ******* anyway.

So i gather.
There are native Americans (mostly from tribes displaced on the trail of tears) that wont use twenties on principle.
He was a tough SOB though was old hickory.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 02:20 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can they remove any mention of "God" on money while they are doing this?

Originally posted by riv6672
So i gather.
There are native Americans (mostly from tribes displaced on the trail of tears) that wont use twenties on principle.

So one might say that some tears are still being shed about the trail of tears.

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 21st, 2016 at 03:06 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 03:02 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

No disrespect to Tubman, she was a true hero, but they should keep the Presidents theme going and just put Clinton on the $20.00, we all known she's likely going to be the 45th POTUS

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 04:14 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

People would flip shit if they put Hillary on lol

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 04:15 PM
|King Joker| is currently offline Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd be fine with putting Hilary's face on toilet paper though.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 04:22 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Pretty sure that already exist

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 04:42 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gehenna
Sorgo

Nothing ever ends.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 04:43 PM
Gehenna is currently offline Click here to Send Gehenna a Private Message Find more posts by Gehenna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jackson hated paper money and runaway slaves.

Damn is he spinning hard.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 04:47 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It seems Andrew Jackson will still be on the back of the bill, but not on the front. I just..it sounds so silly. Why do we need anyone's face on our money? Who gives a shit? Why is this something people are focusing their time on?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 04:52 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
It seems Andrew Jackson will still be on the back of the bill, but not on the front. I just..it sounds so silly. Why do we need anyone's face on our money? Who gives a shit? Why is this something people are focusing their time on?
i kind of like it. It shows the duality of the United States history in many ways. I would have preferred Jackson on the front though. He was one of the most important presidents in history. He killed the British, the French, the Spanish, the aristocrats, 2 political parties and the political system, anything he wanted to eat, native Americans, the ****ing bank and anyone who disagreed with him. He also shaped the country for what it was.

People hate him, but I admire someone who fought their way to the top like he did.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 05:02 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Although I have to say..doesn't Harriet kind of look like 50 cent? Look at her picture.

(please log in to view the image)

You can find me in Da Club...put her on the half dollar.

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 21st, 2016 at 09:03 PM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 09:00 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Although I have to say..doesn't Harriet kind of look like 50 cent? Look at her picture.

(please log in to view the image)

You can find me in Da Club...put her on the half dollar.
so when she goes on the 20 it'll be worth 50 cent?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 09:10 PM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

If it was up to me, I'd put a portrait of a typical American soldier on there. We do owe our freedoms to their service.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 09:24 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
If it was up to me, I'd put a portrait of a typical American soldier on there. We do owe our freedoms to their service.

No see she is female AND black so we kill two birds with one stone.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 09:25 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
you mean like Andrew Jackson?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 09:28 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm just glad we've solved all other issues in this country so we can now focus on the little things like whose picture appears on our money.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 09:30 PM
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Originally posted by It's xyz!
you mean like Andrew Jackson?

No, a grunt..like your average private or sergeant.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 09:32 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have an idea: how about we have an image of an american eagle gouging out the eyes of Osama Bin Laden? I mean..just picture it.

I will also note I am open to the possibility that instead of using talons to gouge his eyes the eagle is using some kind of laser vision. Artistic license, right?

Old Post Apr 21st, 2016 09:33 PM