KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Movement

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Movement
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (23): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Craft
CTE

So we should see if there are any around Shollis that they may have used then. Even if it's still a handful of planets we may get results in asking if any small fleet of ships matching those at Shollis have been seen recently.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 12:40 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Proximity might not necessarily play a role here, especially with Loj'oon ordering his ships to jump in different directions.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 02:31 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

I mean, they probably didn't fuel up separately, but in one location or fuel depot.

Then again, how would we know if they fueled up before or after. My guess is that they fueled up before, though, as it would suck to run out of fuel in the middle of an intense battle.

Chances are these fueling stations aren't used to such large sized fighter fleets fueling up... Or even if it does happen, it doesn't have very often, right?

The only question is how to quickly find that fueling station without going through each and every one in the vicinity.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 03:02 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

I think they fueled up after, they wouldn't have stopped for gas if they were responding to a distress signal.

Do we know what sort of pirates territories overlap in the area? If the Kylugo Srum has any influence here then we can rule that area out, Loj'oon wouldn't risk it.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 08:55 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Wentar has it right; they would've fueled up after. Vlad makes another point: Loj'oon's fleet isn't particularly huge but certainly a bunch of ships showing up at the same time would be noticeable. Especially post-battle, sporting damage.

So you need somewhere that could support so many ships simultaneously as well.

No Srum out this way, Wentar!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 10:16 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

So we're looking for either really massive depots or ones that are usually relatively quiet?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2014 10:42 PM
REXXXX
Networking

A planet with a large fuel depot that could support a small starfighter squadron showing up unannounced with no questions asked within the same region of space as Shollis?

The Shollese authorities can point out a world that comes to mind, and Wentar's instincts make him reasonable sure what they suggest fits what you seek. A quiet, backwater world called Kormsath. The planet itself sports steady resources for concocting starship fuel, but the Shollese think you will find much more interest in their starport-turned-hideout. The aptly-named Dead Man's Den serves as a place to go when you need to lay low and disappear. If Loj'oon took his fighters and the stolen transport here after the skirmish at Shollis (and you feel confident he did, Wentar), the Shollese find it unlikely that anyone will tell you. The place runs on confidentiality agreements; to use the facilities, you must agree to the terms. No weapons, no droids, and no spilling secrets. Those who break the rules will get bounties put on their heads.

Vlad (lacking Savoir-Faire) has never heard of it; Wentar has heard some stories but very few. You imagine those in the space lanes don't want to share a well-kept secret like this place, or don't want bounty hunters tracking them down.

Last edited by REXXXX on Oct 15th, 2014 at 02:00 AM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 01:53 AM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

We seem to find the best places to visit...

So, off to there?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 02:34 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

Haha, yeah, we should probably have a plan of action though.

I'm confident that we can just appear and not give a reason why we're there, that must happen often, but if that doesn't slide we should have a back up reason why we're there that doesn't involve looking for Loj'oon.

I'm thinking we keep it simple and say we're just a couple of travelers trying to avoid the local pirate presence if pressed for an answer, since that's not entirely a lie.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 10:07 AM
REXXXX
Networking

And what is the plan once you get in?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 03:10 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

We almost definitely know that Loj'oon was there

It's going to be sort of hard finding out where they went when the people at the star port won't even tell us if he was ever there...

I'm guessing we will have to tamper with the systems there. Although I'm not sure which kind of database there would have information of the destination of departing individuals.

I think we should try to pin point people that Loj'oon would have came into contact at the starport.

He would obviously have needed to deal with whoever is in charge of selling the fuel.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 05:16 PM
Craft
CTE

We should also find out what other services could be found on that planet, if it has a decent trading hub Loj'oon and his men may come here often for supplies.

I'm not sure they'll have departing destinations, but they should have some form of visitor logs on a secure database, if we can find it and tap into it we may discover more. Possibly even the identity of those who arrived with Loj'oon.

I think our plan of action is to keep a low profile, try not to ask too many questions to draw attention and instead rely on our senses and our eyes to figure out how things are done and how we can use it to our advantage.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 11:34 PM
REXXXX
Networking

You cannot imagine that tampering or tapping in will be easy, nor will it be welcome. But if people are signing legally-binding contracts, you can imagine they do keep track of such things, so they must have a databank somewhere...

Emso concurs with keeping your heads down. If the Overlord's assassins reached you inside the Republic, a dangerous system such as this could only prove deadly to our Jedi duo.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 05:39 AM
Craft
CTE

Looks like Wentar, Vlad and Emso are going incognito again! What is this? The third time now? stick out tongue Wentar should start keeping one of those spy multiple identity cases on his ship at this rate.

I was going to go with the 'travelers trying to avoid the local pirates' line if we are required to give an answer to who we are or why we're there, but I'm thinking of changing it to 'a few travelers who recently ticked off the wrong people and need to lie low for awhile' it's not a straight up lie and probably lies more in the area of persuade than lying.

I think it'll work, though the question is if we use our real names or not, other then that I think we've got a good plan and I'm happy to move on.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 11:34 AM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Vlad personally likes to keep these bad boys on himself whenever he travels to the Outer Rim : http://www.hawkin.com/media/catalog.../E25813_800.jpg

I like that idea - and I doubt anybody would ask us to elaborate on the situation.
As for names I feel like it wouldn't matter - if somebody got the word to Loj'oon that we were looking for him, then a simple description of us would uncover our 'identities' So we might as well use real names.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 11:55 AM
Craft
CTE

Haha! That's fantastic! Now I'm just going to imagine our little party wearing those for the rest of the Retro. stick out tongue

You make a good point, though I think we should just keep it at first names.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 12:01 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Star Wars meets slapstick comedy?

Only one question remains. Do Vlad and Wentar want to take separate ships or go together? Vlad no doubt borrowed a Jedi starfighter to flit out to meet Wentar; Wentar, of course, has the Free Flier.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 11:03 PM
Craft
CTE

Wentar and Vlad in a sitcom guest staring Emso Crubo? I'd watch it.

I say we all go in The Free Flier, it maybe a danger beacon with the assassins possibly looking out for it, but I'd rather have it than not.

Arriving in two ships will make things more difficult I think, especially since Vlad doesn't have the social skills to back up whatever tale we tell upon arrival.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 01:45 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Also, the Jedi starfighter screams: "Hey look at me I'm a Jedi."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 01:46 AM
Craft
CTE

"Perhaps I killed a Jedi and took it from him." stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 01:52 AM