KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Official 2018 US Voting Discussion!

Official 2018 US Voting Discussion!
Started by: Tzeentch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 15 16 [17]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I’m actually asking this seriously: when conservatives point to behavior like this as proof that liberals don’t debate in good faith, what would your reply be?

my reply would be that i do not owe everyone's every horseshit argument a rebuttal. it would be one thing if we were engaged in a debate and i copped out, but that's not what happened here.

so really what we have is not a problem of dialogue, but rather a false sense of personal entitlement courtesy of our fallen SW clan brother.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 12:09 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

What do you think was bad about his original post?

Last edited by The Ellimist on Dec 7th, 2018 at 01:14 AM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 01:00 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Valkorion
Nova

the difference between DMB and Bashar Teg is that if you disagree with DMB he'll try his best to respond, even if he makes mistakes and you think he's wrong, so you walk out of the convo thinking "OK I know what DMB's position is and why he believes it, even if it was trash"

if you disagree with Bashar Teg, Putinbot1, etc., you'll ask "what about points X, Y, Z" and they'll say "hahaha cuck incel" and you'll walk out having no idea what their positions are, they may secretly hold counterarguments they don't bother to give because they're so smug they don't think they need to be tested

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 01:13 AM
Valkorion is currently offline Click here to Send Valkorion a Private Message Find more posts by Valkorion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

hahaha cuck incel

actually you can't get cucked if you're an incel, so i typically don't say that.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 01:14 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
my reply would be that i do not owe everyone's every horseshit argument a rebuttal. it would be one thing if we were engaged in a debate and i copped out, but that's not what happened here.

so really what we have is not a problem of dialogue, but rather a false sense of personal entitlement courtesy of our fallen SW clan brother.

I mean, sure, you obviously don't have to provide a detailed response to every single argument that's thrown your way. But let's not pretend that this interaction has been the outlier: there's a very specific group here that is very palpably unwilling to engage in good faith, substantive discussion, and you're deluding yourself if you think otherwise.

If I may be blunt and a little self-aggrandizing for just a second, nobody would legitimately accuse me of being bad at making arguments or uninformed about politics/policymaking/etc. If I'm below your threshold for "worth talking politics with", you have a pretty absurdly high threshold. Yet I've basically never successfully engaged you or Putinbot1 in a conversation on the matter...and I'm (moderately) left wing! Putinbot treats me as though I were a right winger because I'm from the Star Wars forums and, more importantly, I dare to disagree with him on anything.

I think I know what you're thinking when you troll: that you know the other side is wrong because of <insert point here>. But you never bother to get those ideas tested against competition, because on the issues where we disagree I'll almost guarantee you that I've thought of all of the arguments you think are killing shots - probably because I may have found them convincing before myself.

If you're only here to troll and are self-aware of that fact, then sure, go ahead. But if a part of you thinks otherwise, it's not doing a good job of it.

Last edited by The Ellimist on Dec 7th, 2018 at 01:30 AM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 01:27 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

What do you think was bad about his original post?

same answer: i don't owe you a retort.

i'm sorry that our fallen brother is feel neglected and ignored. let's get him a cat or something.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 01:31 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

same answer: i don't owe you a retort.

Nobody says you owe anyone a retort, lmao. I just wonder if you might one day be willing to more critically examine your own positions rather than smugly assuming that your points are so amazing they don't need to be tested against opposition.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 01:42 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

well our friend seems to disagree since this whole whiney episode is basically him being all like

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 01:46 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

critically examine your own positions rather than smugly assuming that your points are so amazing they don't need to be tested against opposition.

(you and your ninja edits)

which positions are those? how were they tested? because i didn't jump down darth butthurt's rabbithole tangent, i've damaged the integrity of my own world view? K

go have a wank mate, your passive aggressive white knight posturing is boring.

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Dec 7th, 2018 at 01:52 AM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 01:50 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Don't pretend you just ignored Valkorion's points as an outlier and are generally a responsive debater. You, as a general rule, basically never respond to points unless if they're really low hanging fruit.

And again, nobody is forcing you to do so on an internet forum. That doesn't change the fact that you're undeservedly smug about your worldview when I can guarantee you haven't really thought about it that deeply.

As for what those views are, what are your thoughts on twin studies?

Last edited by The Ellimist on Dec 7th, 2018 at 02:14 AM

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 02:11 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Don't pretend you just ignored Valkorion's points as an outlier and are generally a responsive debater. You, as a general rule, basically never respond to points unless if they're really low hanging fruit.

And again, nobody is forcing you to do so on an internet forum. That doesn't change the fact that you're undeservedly smug about your worldview when I can guarantee you haven't really thought about it that deeply.

That's nice thumb up

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 02:58 AM
dadudemon

You won't get anything out of him.

99% of all his posts are trolling in the GDF. He posts useless drivel in the OTF general thread.

It's best to leave him alone and pretend you "got 'em!"

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 05:44 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

^^Good advice from another oversensitive internet-alpha-boychild who gets upset and cries when his silly challenges go unanswered.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 11:38 AM
dadudemon

^^Good advice from another oversensitive internet-alpha-boychild who gets upset and cries when his silly challenges go unanswered.

What an odd thing to claim about me.

Didn't Surtur get banned for making false claims about other KMC members?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 03:08 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
What an odd thing to claim about me.

Didn't Surtur get banned for making false claims about other KMC members?

Lets hope he doesn't get banned, the holidays are coming up and you know how his sisters stress him out...he's gonna need somewhere to turn.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 03:12 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
Lets hope he doesn't get banned, the holidays are coming up and you know how his sisters stress him out...he's gonna need somewhere to turn.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 7th, 2018 03:24 PM