KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Scathan vs Thanos w/IG

Scathan vs Thanos w/IG
Started by: charlemagne9746

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

I would suggest that Thanos might use his powers more affectively than the Protege did.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 12:44 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

All the abstracts failed against Thanos when he had the IG. Is Scathan THAT much stronger than them?

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 01:51 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Laminator_X
I would suggest that Thanos might use his powers more affectively than the Protege did.
very good point. protege did lack expereince. but he witnessed the lt. i feel the lt is superior to the ig. scathan defeated protege with little to no effort.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 03:45 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by llagrok
All the abstracts failed against Thanos when he had the IG. Is Scathan THAT much stronger than them?
he defeated someone who just started mimicking the lt and claimed he was god. scathan was the most powerful celestial to ever grace a comic book.

you can make a case that he defeats the lt with this showing.

why does the lt bring him here if he doesnt need him. soon as scathan disapproved the protege was finished.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 03:47 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boriquaking55
Pak is a straight fool

Scathan was a dumb PIS-riddled character. However, his feats, however much complete bullshit they were, were impressive.

I just got BLOW'D UP from the inside by a Skrull?!
AWW HELLL NAWWW!!!!!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 03:50 PM
boriquaking55 is currently offline Click here to Send boriquaking55 a Private Message Find more posts by boriquaking55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

I wonder wat year did the Protege arc was made?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 03:51 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

IG wins thanks to sheer number and consistency of feats IMO.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 03:54 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boriquaking55
Pak is a straight fool

I'd still give it to Thanos. It's ironic that the one time Quanchi goes against Thanos, still nobody agrees with him.

I just got BLOW'D UP from the inside by a Skrull?!
AWW HELLL NAWWW!!!!!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 03:57 PM
boriquaking55 is currently offline Click here to Send boriquaking55 a Private Message Find more posts by boriquaking55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Originally posted by Priest

wouldn't the Scathan be retconed since the new hand books put LT above the Marvel U just under TOAA?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 03:59 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by llagrok
Scathan is NOT the LT's equal.

Thanos.
why did the lt bring him to confront protege.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 04:03 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
thanos didnt defeat the lt,. if he had that feat down i would give this to thanos. but thanos still had to exert himself to defeat eternity, while scathan showed barely any effort in defeating the protege who was a multiversal threat.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 04:04 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by quanchi112
why did the lt bring him to confront protege.

Because the LT didn't have a green bubble.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 04:06 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starlock
Team Authority

Thanos IG for the win

All we know is protege mimicked LT power(s) we dont know to what extent, i think Thanos's past feats put him well above scathan

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 04:07 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by starlock
Thanos IG for the win

All we know is protege mimicked LT power(s) we dont know to what extent, i think Thanos's past feats put him well above scathan
thanos has far more impressive feats indeed. but why bring scathan if he wasnt needed. nothing the ig ever did put him on a level with lt. protege was mimicking lt and saw beyonders powers and was already a stud but when he witnesses lt he became a threat to the mulitverse. protege was young and inexperienced. that was his downfall but he was powerful indeed.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 04:09 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Because the LT didn't have a green bubble.
l wouldnt bring anyone like this unless he needed him. he brought this one celestial becuz his power was off the freaking charts.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 04:10 PM
quanchi112
Disney

with what we saw this celestial do u must take out of ur head all the other celestials. this one obviously was more powerful than any iother we have seen. to defeat soemone over eternity is unbelievable. he defeated someone who just obserevd and copied the lt's powers while eternity would have no chance for this and was intimidated as hell when he saw, this while scathan took him out like nothing.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 04:13 PM
Mr Master

Originally posted by Priest

Jun of 94'

Yea, Michael Gallagher didn't last in Marvel as a writer too long after that bomb.

That's a serious loophole writers take advantage of,
if they're dealing with obscure characters on a bigger scale,
they tend to miss a step in trying to make an over the top epic.

Like this comedy that is also irritatingly Canon,
Dormammu and Umar usurp the power of Eternity's Totality (Multiverse)

The Writers of that illogical nonsense (even by comic book standards)
were also fired,
not only that,
but they were publicly humiliated by the Marvel Editors in their own Comic:

(please log in to view the image)

laughing out loud

thumb up

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 08:10 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Who the hell is Scathan ?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 09:13 PM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

The Tribunal may have chosen Scathan as his agent to prevent the Protege from witnessing any more of his own abilities, or learning their full extent. The LT has worked through agents more than once.

I'm thinking Protege could've defeated a Celestial if he knew what he was doing, but he didn't.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 09:55 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

My problem with this is that Eternity created the Celestials...so, I assume that means Scathan too. Eternity should be more powerful than those that he created. The IG is beyond Eternity...so, Thanos shouldn't have any problem in this fight.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2007 10:04 PM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote