KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Kyp Durron vs. DoE Bane

Kyp Durron vs. DoE Bane
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Pretty sure Badabing recently and publicly admonished the dissenters for their thin skin. Not sure why some can't tolerate a difference in opinion. Feel free to protest and disagree, but to shout "troll!" every single time someone doesn't conform to the (frankly unpopular) notion that Bane is some demigod is pretty silly.

JM2C

Well said thumb up

TBH the troll card has been used way too often than necessary, especially in heated debates imho.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:00 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Stigma
@ Neph, wow Bane will defend against Kyp's TK? Just curious.

Well I think he'll probably use a Force Shield.

Originally posted by The_Tempest
I've done nothing to encourage your behavior, actually, and have done everything to try to curtail it bar complaining to moderators. But your hatred for Sidious and the PT has just spun wildly out of control.

Well thanks for proving my point?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:07 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Bane has no showings off force shield off of a nexus. He isn't even approaching Kyp's power, there is nothing to suggest his force abilities would do anything to Kyp

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:08 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Gonna go with bane. Kyps great with inanimate objects like the sun crusher, dovin basal, and freighter feats, where he can focus his power. Unfortunately against actual combatants or force users he just doesnt have the feats. Which is a shame because i feel like his character much like his force power has a lot of untapped potential.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:23 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Didn't he get trashed by a single Slayer?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:30 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by Nephthys
Didn't he get trashed by a single Slayer?
ya, but i cant remember if there was any context to it though. Ill try to find the scene when i get home, but there were so many njo/vong books its a ***** to find specific scenes in that series.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:42 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Raptor22
Gonna go with bane. Kyps great with inanimate objects like the sun crusher, dovin basal, and freighter feats, where he can focus his power. Unfortunately against actual combatants or force users he just doesnt have the feats. Which is a shame because i feel like his character much like his force power has a lot of untapped potential.

He has feats like ragdolling Corran horn, manipulating torpedoes, and manipulating freighters. Whether or not he had to "focus" his power is irrelevant to the fact he is more powerful than Bane

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:42 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Lol @ ragdolling Corran Horn, the dude who don't do TK so gud.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:45 PM
appletonia
major studmuffin

laughing out loud

27/01/16 - DarthAnt66 - 91 days

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:46 PM
Click here to Send appletonia a Private Message Find more posts by appletonia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Lol @ ragdolling Corran Horn, the dude who don't do TK so gud.

Ragdolling a force user > killing fodder guards, throwing tables, and breaking boxes and tents

Not to mention all of the other TK feats for Kyp which are superior to anything Bane has shown thumb up

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:48 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yes, surely ragdolling someone who can barely wobble a rock is superior to pulping internal organs.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:53 PM
Raptor22

Originally posted by carthage
He has feats like ragdolling Corran horn, manipulating torpedoes, and manipulating freighters. Whether or not he had to "focus" his power is irrelevant to the fact he is more powerful than Bane
ya maybe not the best example since corran has no tk and if i recall, right after that kenth hamner ragdolled kyp for corran. Unless u were trying to show that all u need is kenth hamner level tk to ragdoll kyp. In which case well done.

Its quite relevent since he has no feats to show he can muster that much power without time to focus, and since he wont have that time here those feats are whats irrelevant.

And why is it relevent when say vitate needs time to focus his power but irrelevant for kyp?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:55 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

And Bane has only destroy rocks, killed guards, and tents destroyed without a darkside nexus with his telekinesis, compared to someone who can manipulate a freighter and black holes.

There is obviously a huge power gap here in favor of Kyp.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:56 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Raptor22
ya maybe not the best example since corran has no tk and if i recall, right after that kenth hamner ragdolled kyp for corran. Unless u were trying to show that all u need is kenth hamner level tk to ragdoll kyp. In which case well done.

Its quite relevent since he has no feats to show he can muster that much power without time to focus, and since he wont have that time here those feats are whats irrelevant.

And why is it relevent when say vitate needs time to focus his power but irrelevant for kyp?

You made the point to "focus" power as if it makes a difference that it would matter in a general sense. Kyp is still vastly more powerful than Bane and even if he had to "focus" his power, it wouldn't matter because nothing Bane can do would bother him. So what if Kenth ragdolled Corran, Kenth still hasn't manipulated freighters or black holes or accomplished anything Kyp has. Nice false comparison though thumb up

Kyp's power is sufficient enough to ragdoll Bane at any point during a fight.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 05:58 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

I donl't think there's any valid point in denying that Kyp can ragdoll Bane. Kyp is just much more powerful in the force.

Kyp is also described by Luke as an expert swordman along with Katarn (take it as you like). Katarn who, while untrained, was able to defeat 7 Dark Jedi and Jerec through natural talent only.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 06:08 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Well similarly I don't think there's any valid point is suggesting that Kyp can ragdoll Bane. Kyp seriously isn't much more powerful than Bane nor is he more powerful at all. If we're playing that game I'll just suggest that Bane one-shots Kyp with lightning, since he has no feats of repelling lightning as powerful as Bane's. And since Bane has superior reaction and speed feats he attacks first.

Kyp being an expert duelist doesn't make him a threat to Bane.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 06:12 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Bane would need barrier feats or superior force feats (off nexus) to suggest he doesn't get dominated by the force. He has neither and Bane's lightning has been dodged so your claim that Bane's lightning would fry anyone is bogus.

Bane isn't faster than Kyp either.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 06:13 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Well similarly I don't think there's any valid point is suggesting that Kyp can ragdoll Bane. Kyp seriously isn't much more powerful than Bane nor is he more powerful at all. If we're playing that game I'll just suggest that Bane one-shots Kyp with lightning, since he has no feats of repelling lightning as powerful as Bane's. And since Bane has superior reaction and speed feats he attacks first.

I know of your stance for a while, and as you know, I disagree.

Bottom line is that the power dished out to manipulate black hole is magnitudes greater than the one Bane showed to possess at his disposal.

Kyp being an expert duelist doesn't make him a threat to Bane.

Perhaps. It was more of a trivia remark, though.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 06:17 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Can Bane actually be paired with someone he has a fair chance against? Kyp is way out of his league, and most of the users he gets put in with in threads are better than him too. In future threads you might want to use characters like Qui Gon Jin or Luminara Unduli, Bane has no business fighting with guys like Kyp

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 06:20 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Stigma
I know of your stance for a while, and as you know, I disagree.

Bottom line is that the power dished out to manipulate black hole is magnitudes greater than the one Bane showed to possess at his disposal.

Perhaps. It was more of a trivia remark, though.

Not necessarily. That feat is kind of unquantifiable, for various reasons. I don't consider it superior to Bane's best TK feats. Especially when his feats translate much smoother into combat situations.

And you didn't respond to my point about Bane's lightning. Should I assume you accept it then?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 06:20 PM