KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman heat vision vs Thor lightning

Superman heat vision vs Thor lightning
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Old Post May 7th, 2015 05:05 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

All that is saying is that he used heat to speed up the rate of rxn.

Am I missing something?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 7th, 2015 05:07 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who 100% knows what the hell is going on in that scan. It almost seems like even the characters aren't really sure and so they are just throwing out any type of jargon that sounds scientific. I'm surprised there was no mention of reversing the polarity of something.

The look on Robins face as he says "of course" says it all. In reality he is saying "I don't know what the f*ck you are talking about, but I'm going to just agree with you".

Last edited by Surtur on May 7th, 2015 at 05:12 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2015 05:09 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
All that is saying is that he used heat to speed up the rate of rxn.

Am I missing something?

Yes.

Superman's Heat Vision is as cold as a black hole.

Old Post May 7th, 2015 05:10 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Surtur
I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who 100% knows what the hell is going on in that scan. It almost seems like even the characters aren't really sure and so they are just throwing out any type of jargon that sounds scientific. I'm surprised there was no mention of reversing the polarity of something.
Well, it doesn't make sense, so you're probably right.

Old Post May 7th, 2015 05:11 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I'll take Thor.. Slight edge.
Surprise surprise.. stick out tongue

What hv feats can change my opinion?

Superman oneshotting Despero with it.

Old Post May 7th, 2015 05:34 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Pretty even IMO.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 7th, 2015 05:36 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I have no idea whose is better, but I will note that for all the people saying Thor wins didn't actually provide any feats for Thor and his lightning.

As for Supes, depends on the version. PC Supes could seal holes in the very fabric of creation with his HV. So that version..his HV is superior to Thor's lightning by an utterly massive degree. Of course PC Supes is all around massively superior to Thor so that isn't much of a surprise.

We also have post crisis Supermans heat vision at one point hurting someone whom Supergirl flat out failed to hurt with heat vision. This was actually another example of him dropping his mental blocks. Since Supes had the first encounter with the guy(Blackrock I think), his HV did not work. Supergirl tries, her HV fails. Then Supes gets pissed and his HV works.

I'll give a shout out to the HV of Superman from the Justice League Cartoon. The incarnation is nowhere near as powerful as his comic versions, but it was still bad ass to see him using HV potent enough to go right through Darkseid..and HV potent enough to lobotomize Doomsday, who was a lot more durable then Supes.

Even post crisis Superman has sealed holes in reality with HV.

Old Post May 7th, 2015 05:36 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

The look on Robins face as he says "of course" says it all. In reality he is saying "I don't know what the f*ck you are talking about, but I'm going to just agree with you".
Sounds like me in class.

Old Post May 7th, 2015 05:38 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

He has also used it to power planet moving engines of Krypton under a red sun. Mind you Krypton was Jupiter sized planet.

Old Post May 7th, 2015 05:39 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Still Thor.

Old Post May 7th, 2015 06:03 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman oneshotting Despero with it.

Old Post May 7th, 2015 06:03 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Abhi continues to highlight highs only and ignore the consistent portrayals.

Old Post May 7th, 2015 06:09 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

SM can Heat up the whole planet that tops anything Thor can do.

Old Post May 7th, 2015 06:12 PM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Non amped fts for either please.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 7th, 2015 06:14 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by shadowknight
SM can Heat up the whole planet that tops anything Thor can do.
Bs.

Old Post May 7th, 2015 06:21 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by quanchi112
Abhi continues to highlight highs only and ignore the consistent portrayals.

Wait. Isn't that what we're doing here? I mean I don't expect him to say hv can melt hand guns. Same reason I wouldn't bring up Thor's lightning cauterizing wounds. Not really the greatest showings for both..

Old Post May 7th, 2015 06:24 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Superman powering a portion of big bang with it.

#Gotem

Old Post May 7th, 2015 06:24 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman powering a portion of big bang with it.

#Gotem

Lol.. I like how you've moved from "1/4" to
"a portion". laughing out loud

Old Post May 7th, 2015 06:26 PM
h1a8

Also Superman's hv (when not holding back) is capable of going through Kryptonians like a ghost. But under normal situations I would say slight edge to Thor.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post May 7th, 2015 06:30 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote