KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Favorite Console RPG(s)

Favorite Console RPG(s)
Started by: kruegerKid

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JToTheP
Waitin for Brawl

Yeah, like FFX, that game was so long it was BORING me by the end, I can't imagine how long Xenosaga and stuff is. eek!

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 12:59 AM
JToTheP is currently offline Click here to Send JToTheP a Private Message Find more posts by JToTheP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

Xenogears, Xenosaga's prequel, was realllllllly long and in depth, some parts dragged really bad. So I know what you mean.

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 01:06 AM
kruegerKid is currently offline Click here to Send kruegerKid a Private Message Find more posts by kruegerKid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

I know that FFX came out for PS2 but have any other GOOD RPGs come out for ps2 or xbox?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 02:40 AM
Stovenutts is currently offline Click here to Send Stovenutts a Private Message Find more posts by Stovenutts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

console rpg's and pc rpg's are completely different, the only thing they share universally is that the characters level up. usually, you have much more freedom in pc rpg's. (fallout, neverwinter nights, baldurs gate series). but, console rpgs', while being more linear for the most part, usually containt the better, more involving story line and characters. you tend to care for the characters in the console rpg's more then pc ones. the stories are usually much grander and cinematic in console rpg's as well. pc rpg's you usually make up your own story kinda, there is a central story, but you can branch it out and do whatever you want and create your own story too. both are good, but i prefer console.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 05:32 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

i need a good RPG for xbox. does anyone know of any good ones?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 04:42 PM
Stovenutts is currently offline Click here to Send Stovenutts a Private Message Find more posts by Stovenutts Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

There really aren't too many RPG's for XBOX, and the ones they do have suck, XBOX is better if you want to play racing or sportsgame, go with a playstation if you are a RPG Fan.

By the way Backfire who was that post too? I assume it wasn't me because I know the difference. I hate PC games and I think gaming should remain solely on the console.

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 08:57 PM
kruegerKid is currently offline Click here to Send kruegerKid a Private Message Find more posts by kruegerKid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

no it was to ush, towards the beginning of the thread. just took me a while to post it for some reason.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 09:17 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

Oh ok just wondering.

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 09:19 PM
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

Sleep .hhmmm

quote:
Originally posted by Stovenutts
I know that FFX came out for PS2 but have any other GOOD RPGs come out for ps2 or xbox?

Xenosaga, .hack, Suikoden 3, Kingdom Hearts...these are all great RPG's for PS2, especially Suikoden 3 (Try 1 and 2 for PS One though, the graphics aren't the greatest but they are better in every oher way). Give me some time and I'll think of some more.

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 11th, 2003 09:29 PM
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

K. i neeeeeed a good one. i think ill just get elder scrolls 3: Marrowind

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 02:20 AM
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

...I guess elder scrolls is alright. I'm a RPG fan so I bought that game but to be perfectly honest, I was dissapointed. I love having to do several things in a game so you get more into it but Elder Scrolls has a little to much to it. Averaging at 500+ hours of gameplay. There are to many little details and too many rules that I believe ruin it. It is to similar to its PC version. I think that is where the game should have stayed, that is, on the pc.

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 08:01 PM
Stovenutts
My fez is familiar?

yea there seems to be no storyline at all.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2003 11:59 PM
diegocala
Replicant

I like the Hand-Held RPG's

--Siggie Created by Master Godshinto

Whatever happened to my Rock N Roll?
Come in, she said, I'll give you shelter from the storm

Old Post Jul 14th, 2003 12:05 AM
diegocala is currently offline Click here to Send diegocala a Private Message Find more posts by diegocala Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

ok.....

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 01:07 AM
Metroplex

In Elder Scrolls you chose your own adventure. No one is actually leading you anywhere except yourself. Thats what i like about it. There isnt a main story line. I really like Neverwinter Nights. Its a really good game. I play it online.

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 01:29 AM
Metroplex is currently offline Click here to Send Metroplex a Private Message Find more posts by Metroplex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
edwinian
Heavy Metal

Hmmm...well from an all around stand point I love the Zelda games....also Like Secret of Mana and the Dragon Warrior Series. Of Recent...Morrowind, and I just got Pirates of the Caribbean!

Old Post Jul 15th, 2003 01:48 PM
edwinian is currently offline Click here to Send edwinian a Private Message Find more posts by edwinian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

Reply.......

quote:
Originally posted by edwinian
Hmmm...well from an all around stand point I love the Zelda games....also Like Secret of Mana and the Dragon Warrior Series. Of Recent...Morrowind, and I just got Pirates of the Caribbean!

I think all the Zeldas are great except the second one for NES and Manjora's mask for N64. As far as Secret of Mana the original for SNES was awesome, the remake for PS One was really lacking though. Oh and for the Dragon Warrior Series, very good, not awesome but very good.

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 01:24 AM
kruegerKid
NOES Expert

Reply....

quote:
Originally posted by Metroplex
In Elder Scrolls you chose your own adventure. No one is actually leading you anywhere except yourself. Thats what i like about it. There isnt a main story line. I really like Neverwinter Nights. Its a really good game. I play it online.

Yeah but that sucks, the point of a RPG is to play as a particular person (Main character, almost always good) and venture through the game, unraveling the story as you go, many times trying to save your friends, world, and self from evil. Although there is a main story line it is still possible to do side quests like in FF 7 for example.

To make no concrete story line at all ruins it altogether though.
DOING THAT MAKES THE GAME A PC GAME, not a console rpg. If you want to play pc games, stick to a pc then. If you want a game where you can run around doing whatever without really having any particular purpose, play GTA or something and give up on the RPG's!

--Final Fantasy Addict--

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 01:33 AM
Another_Smithy

ROMANCE OF THE THREE KINGDOMS VIII IS THE BEST! YOU CAN BE OVER 600+ characters! You control all of China, fight many battles and play a history that was 1750 years ago, or make your own history!

Check out my fic "The Warrior to Unite"

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 01:36 AM
Another_Smithy is currently offline Click here to Send Another_Smithy a Private Message Find more posts by Another_Smithy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sheepz
Butter on a Stick

I *heart* RPGs. My favorites include:
-Lunar for Play Station
-Chrono Cross for Play Station
-Golden Sun for Game Boy Advance
-All Zelda games
-Pokemon, yes pokemon it's based on an rpg system so =P
-Kingdom Hearts for Play Station 2... Sora have my Baby!

3d170|2z:

Has anyone played the Lunar game for Game Boy Advance? Is it any good? I was looking into buying it.

Pippin: We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?
Merry: I don't think he knows about second breakfast, Pip.
Pippin: What about elevenses? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper? He knows about them, doesn't he?
Merry: I wouldn't count on it.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 06:45 AM
Sheepz is currently offline Click here to Send Sheepz a Private Message Find more posts by Sheepz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote