KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr. Strange vs The Flash

Dr. Strange vs The Flash
Started by: complexbrother

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Board Walker

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan777
hmmm, Potential energy only has the Potential to become Kinetic energy, hence its name.....

Exodus explained it quite simply and to the point, some thing which I tried and missed doing in my last few post.

Gravitational potential energy is the energy that would be released if an object in a gravitational field (such as the earth's gravitational field) were allowed to fall from its current position to a given reference level (such as the surface of the earth). Equivalently, it is the energy required to raise the object from the reference level to the given height.

Still even when in orbit its molecules, still have kinetic energy, as all things do.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 04:47 PM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Board Walker
This is what I meant.

Not at all, potential energy is energy that is "captured" in an object, with the potential to be released.

The energy "captured" or not, is still kinetic.

Hmmm, thats really not what it sounded like.... wink

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 04:47 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

This is what I meant.

so you admit you said nonsense

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 04:48 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

This is what I meant.

Oh cool then...phew thought I was losing it...

In that case...Atoms, Molecules, Sub Atomic particles are physical masses which vibrate(Kinetic Energy)....Energy itself doesn't do this...therefore...the Flash wouldn't be able to manipulate Stranges Energy based shields...because they're made out of Magical Energy...(Whatever that is).....likewise the Flash wouldn't be able to manipulate Chemical Energy, Light Energy, Heat Energy...etc....Well not directly anyway...

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Oct 31st, 2006 at 04:53 PM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 04:49 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Hmmm, thats really not what it sounded like.... wink

Let me explain for you, since you seem to think otherwise, by captured I refer to gravitational potential, For example, a book lying on a table has greater gravitational potential energy than the same book on the floor, but less than if it were on top of a tall cupboard. To raise the book from the floor to the table, work must be done, and energy supplied. (If the book is lifted by a person then this is provided by the chemical energy obtained from that person's food and then stored in the chemicals of the body.) Assuming perfect efficiency (no energy losses), the energy supplied to lift the book is exactly the same as the increase in the book's gravitational potential energy. The book's potential energy can be released by knocking it off the table. As the book falls, its potential energy is converted to kinetic energy. When the book hits the floor this kinetic energy is converted into heat and sound by the impact.

Even when "captured" gravitationaly or chemically, it still has kinetic energy, as its molecules do, as all things do.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 04:49 PM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
great_dane

omg. stfu.

flash ftw 8/10
9/10

532,000 people. 70 miles away. 0.0001 sec

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 04:51 PM
great_dane is currently offline Click here to Send great_dane a Private Message Find more posts by great_dane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Oh cool then...phew thought I was losing it...

In that case...Atoms, Molecules, Sub Atomic particles are physical mass....Energy can be converted to mass...but it's not the same thing...therefore...the Flash wouldn't be able to manipulate Stranges Energy based shields...because they're made out of Magical Energy...(Whatever that is).....

And why wouldn't he able to manipulate the shields, mass or not? That made no sense, In order for some thing to have "mass" it needs to be made up yes thats right, atoms, corks, strings, etc.

And all atoms, corks, strings, are charged and moving, thus they all have kinetic energy, this is what Flash manipulates.

So magical or not, if it has mass or energy, he can manipulate it.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 04:52 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Let me explain for you, since you seem to think otherwise, by captured I refer to gravitational potential, For example, a book lying on a table has greater gravitational potential energy than the same book on the floor, but less than if it were on top of a tall cupboard. To raise the book from the floor to the table, work must be done, and energy supplied. (If the book is lifted by a person then this is provided by the chemical energy obtained from that person's food and then stored in the chemicals of the body.) Assuming perfect efficiency (no energy losses), the energy supplied to lift the book is exactly the same as the increase in the book's gravitational potential energy. The book's potential energy can be released by knocking it off the table. As the book falls, its potential energy is converted to kinetic energy. When the book hits the floor this kinetic energy is converted into heat and sound by the impact.

Even when "captured" gravitationaly or chemically, it still has kinetic energy, as its molecules do, as all things do.
Yeah I understand what you mean NOW, but I'm sure you can understand why people thought you were going batty at first stick out tongue

Not at all, potential energy is energy that is "captured" in an object, with the potential to be released.

The energy "captured" or not, is still kinetic.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 04:54 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

When on pannel has Flash manipulated Magical energy?

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 04:54 PM
Board Walker

Yeah I understand what you mean NOW, but I'm sure you can understand why people thought you were going batty at first stick out tongue

I still see nothing wrong with the second quote, all energy is kinetic, in that all mass is made of Atoms, Corks, Strings, which are all moving and charged, which means they are all kinetic.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 04:56 PM
Board Walker

When on pannel has Flash manipulated Magical energy?

So basically your trying to win this by claiming its magical? Your trying to pull the biggest PIS card in comics?

Well I do have a counter for it, Flash has manipulated magical energy, and magical beings before, such as Diana (WW), both taking and giving kinetic energy from and to her.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 04:57 PM
ExodusCloak

And why wouldn't he able to manipulate the shields, mass or not? That made no sense, In order for some thing to have "mass" it needs to be made up yes thats right, atoms, corks, strings, etc.

And all atoms, corks, strings, are charged and moving, thus they all have kinetic energy, this is what Flash manipulates.

Energy has no mass..it's not made up of Atoms, Quarks etc...

All Atoms are moving and therefore possess Kinetic Energy....But an Energy Shield...is just energy...no mass involved....and no Kinetic Energy involved...

How to put it...

For instance Flash shouldn't be able to manipulate Kinetic Energy in a vaccum....because there's no matter to steal KE from...nor would he be able to manipulate a Light Beam in a Vaccum....

Stranges shields are just Energy not physical matter which vibrates....

It's like light...there is no kinetic energy present in light...therefore Flash won't be able to do anything to light energy....

Last edited by ExodusCloak on Oct 31st, 2006 at 05:03 PM

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 04:58 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

So basically your trying to win this by claiming its magical? Your trying to pull the biggest PIS card in comics?

Well I do have a counter for it, Flash has manipulated magical energy, and magical beings before, such as Diana (WW), both taking and giving kinetic energy from and to her.

Are you telling me Magic spells aren't magical?

Do you realise you talk utter sh*t?

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 04:58 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Energy has no mass..it's not made up of Atoms, Quarks etc...

All Atoms are moving and therefore possess Kinetic Energy....But an Energy Shield...is just energy...no mass involved....and no Kinetic Energy involved...

How to put it...

For instance Flash shouldn't be able to manipulate Kinetic Energy in a vaccum....because there's no matter to steal KE from...

Stranges shields are just Energy not physical matter which vibrates....

Not true on two parts, light has shown to have some mass, and secondly, if Strange's shields or projectiles has no mass then Flash could pass right through them, and thus they wouldn't be a effective shield.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 05:00 PM
Board Walker

Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
Are you telling me Magic spells aren't magical?

Do you realise you talk utter sh*t?

Do you realize how immature you sound right now?

You are trying to win a debate purely by claiming it is magical and thus immune to all sense and logic?

By that train of thinking, then Flash is also magical, as their is no physical explination for his powers, thus by the definition of magic Flash would also be magic, see how easy that was?

Now do please try to debate peacefuly and logicaly, if you want respect then please do show it, thank you. smile

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 05:02 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So Strange using magic is PIS? laughing

Thats not actually manipulating Magical energies though...

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 05:03 PM
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

Do you realize how immature you sound right now?

You are trying to win a debate purely by claiming it is magical and thus immune to all sense and logic?

By that train of thinking, then Flash is also magical, as their is no physical explination for his powers, thus by the definition of magic Flash would also be magic, see how easy that was?

Now do please try to debate peacefuly and logicaly, if you want respect then please do show it, thank you. smile

I don't want respect off you. n00b.

You said Magic is non-Magical energy.

Please debate logically, thank you. smile

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 05:05 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

So Strange using magic is PIS? laughing

Thats not actually manipulating Magical energies though...

Now you are setting a double standard, Diana is as magic as they come, her powers, her body, her weaponry, down to the very blood of her, is magical.

So please do not try to dismiss her as not being magical.

h1a8

False
The book never has kinetic energy unless it is moving (by defin)
And you assume all things in the marvel universe is made out of atoms or moving particles. False again. Magic is undefined and cannot be known as to what nature or the physics of it operates in.

h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
I don't want respect off you. n00b.

You said Magic is non-Magical energy.

Please debate logically, thank you. smile

O you silly boy, I said magical energy is still energy, and thus kinetic, thank you for being o so polite and understanding, but it seems this train of thinking of escaped your grasp, maybe you will have better comprehension next time. smile

You vocabulary also reflects upon your oh so polite character.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2006 05:06 PM