KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dominus vs Galactus

Dominus vs Galactus
Started by: UniOmni

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ExtraMision5555
SKELLETIL RESARCH

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Or third...you have no clue what you're talking about.

That's the correct answer.

Now...Galaxy destroyer vs universal manipulator.

Not much of a tough choice there.

to be fair, (and im not makeing a descision here)
in the literal sense, Galaxy destroyer versus universeal manipulator
well

if the UM cannot withstand the equivelant of a galaxy destroying inside him per say,
regardless of superior capibilities, hes still dead
im not saying that is the case here
but literally
that statement isint very conclusive
but i have no idea who dominus is so

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 07:51 PM
ExtraMision5555 is currently offline Click here to Send ExtraMision5555 a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraMision5555 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Or third...you have no clue what you're talking about.

That's the correct answer.

Now...Galaxy destroyer vs universal manipulator.

Not much of a tough choice there.

universal desrtoyer.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 09:32 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Milkie

You mean besides warp all of reality?

Warping all of reality and creating 4 new ones >>>>>>> destroying a few galaxies in battle.

(please log in to view the image)

Why is Superman talking in space?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 09:53 PM
Milkie is currently offline Click here to Send Milkie a Private Message Find more posts by Milkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Milkie

Are you kidding me?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 10:05 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Originally posted by batdude123
Are you kidding me?

I don't believe he is now be a good boy...................

and have a nice fall!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 10:09 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Milkie

Are you kidding me?

How can he?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 10:31 PM
Milkie is currently offline Click here to Send Milkie a Private Message Find more posts by Milkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

How can he?

How can anyone? It's comics.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 10:33 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

the scan says "He [Dominus] wants the status of a cosmic entity".

galactus IS a cosmic entity. i don't know much about dominus, so i don't know HOW he alters realities. who else has dominus fought? can he resist a matter manipulator of g's level? what if g used his own tp against dominus?

too much unknown, at least for me, to judge this one. we need more on dominus.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 10:36 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

This is simply another "I hate Superman" thread in disguise.
whistle

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 10:46 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Galactus has lost to weaker foes countless times.

Get that shit outta here.
Didn't he get devoured by some Zombies? shifty

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 10:48 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Milkie

How can anyone? It's comics.

Not everyone no expression

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 10:54 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by leonidas
the scan says "He [Dominus] wants the status of a cosmic entity".

Dominus simply wants her "title" because he feels that it was rightfully his.

galactus IS a cosmic entity. i don't know much about dominus, so i don't know HOW he alters realities. who else has dominus fought? can he resist a matter manipulator of g's level? what if g used his own tp against dominus?

too much unknown, at least for me, to judge this one. we need more on dominus.

The scan also says "He warped ALL OF REALITY." He has the ability to do this through sheer willpower/thought. It's even in his DC bio.

Coincidentally, this is something that the UN can do as well...and Galan is afraid of it for a reason.

Galactus powers are cosmic in nature. Dominus powers are cosmic AND magic as well.

I've never seen Galactus choke eternity, uncreate someone, or freeze time effortlessly.

Kismet allowed it. Her universe, her rules.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Last edited by Avlon on Nov 3rd, 2006 at 11:20 PM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2006 11:14 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

I'm not sure Dominus would actually register to Galactus.

He created alternate realities, by manipulating the minds of lesser beings.

Alternate realities in their minds.

Galactus, isn't a lesser being by any measure.

Hence the king of the world arc, where he manipulated Superman.
Lois woke him up, and he fought Dominus using T-vo.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 12:09 AM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

The scan clearly says it's no illusion.
Those were existing realities.

Right after that he nearly killed Kismet.

Galactus recently was having trouble with a bunch of ships.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 12:17 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

The scan clearly says it's no illusion.
Those were existing realities.

Right after that he nearly killed Kismet.

Galactus recently was having trouble with a bunch of ships.

Great so if Galactus isn't holding back he'll just destroy the universe and not worry about his altering abilites.

Galactus wins.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 12:40 AM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by Soleran
Great so if Galactus isn't holding back he'll just destroy the universe and not worry about his altering abilites.

Galactus wins.

Right...when has Galactus ever even come CLOSE to destroying a universe or even showing he's Eternities equal in power?

Dominus creates a few Reed Richards with UN's and takes Galan out.

Time to put up or shut up.

Last edited by Avlon on Nov 4th, 2006 at 12:45 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 12:42 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Dominus simply wants her "title" because he feels that it was rightfully his.

so he is still not a cosmic entity. was he passed over or something? why does he feel 'entitled'?

quote:
The scan also says "He warped ALL OF REALITY." He has the ability to do this through sheer willpower/thought. It's even in his DC bio.

not at a universal level, apparently because then he could simply create a reality where he has kismet's title. and i'd like to see his ability pushed against someone of more substance -- i don't think he'd have the same luck against spectre, for instance, or even darkseid. the fact that he couldn't beat supes on a mental plane also leads me to believe that perhaps his mental powers aren't that great.

i know you keep pressing these things, but i don't see enough proof to say dominus is at g's level OR that t-vo could stop g. what would it take? i'd need to see dominus fight someone well above superman and do well, and i'd need to see t-vo take out someone more proven than dominus.

quote:
Coincidentally, this is something that the UN can do as well...and Galan is afraid of it for a reason.

nullifier can alter reality? confused where'd you get that idea? masters claims it destroyed and 'reset' the multiverse. i don't buy that interpretation, personally, but destroying/recreating is not 'altering reality' in the sense we've been talking about. and technically speaking, the nullifier is 'part' of galactus. with that in mind, he could and has summoned it before but he fears the consequences of it, as opposed to fearing it for itself.

quote:
Galactus powers are cosmic in nature. Dominus powers are cosmic AND magic as well.

g's vulnerability to magic has been blown out of proportion by forum-speak. he deals with magic just fine. ask agamotto or mephisto. strange's 'attack' did nothing to him the second time and the first time he was at the weakest he had ever been.

quote:
I've never seen Galactus choke eternity, uncreate someone, or freeze time effortlessly.

when g was comatose and his power was out of his control, reed feared he would destroy EVERYTHING -- all reality. he effortlessly consumed the dreaming celestial (one of the most powerful of all celestials), and was in the midst of absorbing whole timelines. in annihilation recently, he was described as the most powerful being in the universe.

you can list all his poor showings -- the only comparable jobber is darkseid -- but he is proven against loads of cosmic entities.

dominus . . . is not. nor is t-vo.

until such proof exists, i'll take g in this one.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 01:20 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

so he is still not a cosmic entity. was he passed over or something? why does he feel 'entitled'?

It was exactly that. He was passed over for the title. Where did you get that he isn't a cosmic entity? That is like saying Thanos with the IG wasn't a cosmic entity because when he killed Eternity...he BECAME eternity. It's the same thing...Dominus wants to BE Eternity.

not at a universal level, apparently because then he could simply create a reality where he has kismet's title. and i'd like to see his ability pushed against someone of more substance -- i don't think he'd have the same luck against spectre, for instance, or even darkseid. the fact that he couldn't beat supes on a mental plane also leads me to believe that perhaps his mental powers aren't that great.

You don't need to alter the entire universe to beat Galactus. We both know that. Even with that said...Kismet STATED ON PANEL that is exactly what Dominus did... he altered everything.

i know you keep pressing these things, but i don't see enough proof to say dominus is at g's level OR that t-vo could stop g. what would it take? i'd need to see dominus fight someone well above superman and do well, and i'd need to see t-vo take out someone more proven than dominus.

nullifier can alter reality? confused where'd you get that idea? masters claims it destroyed and 'reset' the multiverse. i don't buy that interpretation, personally, but destroying/recreating is not 'altering reality' in the sense we've been talking about. and technically speaking, the nullifier is 'part' of galactus. with that in mind, he could and has summoned it before but he fears the consequences of it, as opposed to fearing it for itself.

He DID show on panel proof. Maybe it's not 100% accurate but it's a very strong evidence. As for the nullifier being part of Galactus...it's obviously not in his full control as Reed or even Maelstrom can confirm.

It wouldn't be any issue to make one to use against Galan at any time.

g's vulnerability to magic has been blown out of proportion by forum-speak. he deals with magic just fine. ask agamotto or mephisto. strange's 'attack' did nothing to him the second time and the first time he was at the weakest he had ever been.

Except for the godblast incident.

when g was comatose and his power was out of his control, reed feared he would destroy EVERYTHING -- all reality. he effortlessly consumed the dreaming celestial (one of the most powerful of all celestials), and was in the midst of absorbing whole timelines. in annihilation recently, he was described as the most powerful being in the universe.

It still doesn't compare to eternity AND the closest we've seen of a full power galan was when he was fighting full power tyrant near birth.

Now he's been nearly taken out by some ships.

you can list all his poor showings -- the only comparable jobber is darkseid -- but he is proven against loads of cosmic entities.

dominus . . . is not. nor is t-vo.

until such proof exists, i'll take g in this one.

I'll stick with the guy that nearly destroyed DC's version of eternity under his own power...plus the guy that alters all of reality for the win.

Altering all of reality > blowing up a galaxy in battle.

Last edited by Avlon on Nov 4th, 2006 at 01:44 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 01:41 AM
Soleran
Fast As Time

Dominus is so powerful in altering reality that he 'had" to let Kismet get away when she changed her form!?!

The same Dominus that can alter reality all around him and gets beat by a novice of T-Vo in a mind game?

Dominus dies against Galactcus who in turn just toys with his mind like Superman did.................

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 01:59 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by Soleran
Dominus is so powerful in altering reality that he 'had" to let Kismet get away when she changed her form!?!

The same Dominus that can alter reality all around him and gets beat by a novice of T-Vo in a mind game?

Dominus dies against Galactcus who in turn just toys with his mind like Superman did.................

I'd take you seriously...

but you have no proof on anything.

Dominus makes a couple of annihilation wave ships come after Galactus again. Fight over.

Now go back to your corner and sulk away. wink

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 02:10 AM