KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr Doom vs BatMan 1M

Dr Doom vs BatMan 1M
Started by: Caps Conscience

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Soljer
Only after someone called you on it, erm.
There was never a need for me to explain why I said that untill someone (you stick out tongue), brought it up.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 09:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Caps Conscience

What can Batman 1m do to counter Dooms Magik.

Using the Report function is Ghey.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 09:53 PM
Caps Conscience is currently offline Click here to Send Caps Conscience a Private Message Find more posts by Caps Conscience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Caps Conscience
What can Batman 1m do to counter Dooms Magik.
I guess there's not,

Because anything I say Bats can do, will just be countered with something resembling this post:
Soul stealing won't work because with 30 min prep Doom can caste a spell to cancel that.

So....

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 09:56 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Maybe Doom can use a spell, maybe he can't, but there is little evidence to suggest that Batman 1M would have been able to soul steal a resisting opponent. erm.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 09:59 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

I know virtually nothing of Batman 1M, but I will say that I think that Doom's tech is being severely underestimated here. People have to remember that Doom doesn't just have some of the best tech on Marvel Earth, he's also mastered the tech of the Ovoids and the Microverse, both of which are astronomically ahead of anything found on Earth outside of Reed Richards lab. What's more, Doom utilizes an amalgam of science AND magic for his most impressive equipment, so I'm not sure that Batman 1M will be able to override Doom's control over it.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:02 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Maybe Doom can use a spell, maybe he can't, but there is little evidence to suggest that Batman 1M would have been able to soul steal a resisting opponent. erm.
That's your opinion.

One you are entitled too. smile
Originally posted by darthgoober
I know virtually nothing of Batman 1M, but I will say that I think that Doom's tech is being severely underestimated here. People have to remember that Doom doesn't just have some of the best tech on Marvel Earth, he's also mastered the tech of the Ovoids and the Microverse, both of which are astronomically ahead of anything found on Earth outside of Reed Richards lab. What's more, Doom utilizes an amalgam of science AND magic for his most impressive equipment, so I'm not sure that Batman 1M will be able to override Doom's control over it.
I'm not sure B1M could overide Doom's tech either.

All I want to express is that B1M's tech of the 853rd century, is of New Genosian composition. It's not Earth based either. smile

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:06 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Galan007
All I want to express is that B1M's tech, is of New Genosian composition. It's not Earth based either. smile

I know(from your earlier post). That's actually why I brought up the off world tech available to Doom. Some people(not talking about you) have a bad habit of assuming that just because guys (like Supes or Batman 1M) have access to alien tech that it just HAS to be leaps and bounds ahead of anything found on Marvel Earth so I like to point out that while that's POSSIBLY the case, it's by no means definite because Doom and Reed have both created devices on par with any tech I've seen in comics.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:10 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

That's your opinion.

One you are entitled too. smile

So, from this comment, am I to take it that it's YOUR opinion that since Batman 1M could steal the soul from a knocked out human athlete, that he could CERTAINLY steal the one from a resisting sorcerer who has failsafe after failsafe installed and worked through?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:11 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by darthgoober
I know(from your earlier post). That's actually why I brought up the off world tech available to Doom. Some people(not talking about you) have a bad habit of assuming that just because guys (like Supes or Batman 1M) have access to alien tech that it just HAS to be leaps and bounds ahead of anything found on Marvel Earth so I like to point out that while that's POSSIBLY the case, it's by no means definite because Doom and Reed have both created devices on par with any tech I've seen in comics.
Agreed.

When I made my first post in this thread, I'd forgotten about Doom's mysticism.

Though I don't think it would give him anywhere near as great of an edge as some are claiming, I do think it would make this much closer of a battle.

And while I'd still give B1M the slight edge, (for aforementioned reasons of my own), it would be a very close battle imo.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:16 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So, from this comment, am I to take it that it's YOUR opinion that since Batman 1M could steal the soul from a knocked out human athlete, that he could CERTAINLY steal the one from a resisting sorcerer who has failsafe after failsafe installed and worked through?
I don't recall ever saying that.

I only recall listing that as one of my reasons why I personally feel B1M takes this. smile

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:18 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Re: Dr Doom vs BatMan 1M

Both get 30 min prep. Fight takes place in Latveria.

Bats 1 mil easily

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:23 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

I don't recall ever saying that.

I only recall listing that as one of my reasons why I personally feel B1M takes this. smile

You didn't answer my question.

My question was not 'have you stated the following?'

It was 'is it your opinion that the following is true?'

So....well?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:24 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So....well?
Doom is still human, thus his soul could eventually be taken by Bats, imo.

Now where the real debate lies is whether or not Batman's tech is able to control Doom's tech, and also the degree of magic Doom could conjure in that 30 minute time frame..

For those questions, there is no clear answer I'm aware of. smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Aug 28th, 2007 at 10:34 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:28 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Doom is still human, thus his soul could eventually be taken by Bats, imo.

No where the real debate lies is whether or not Batman's tech is able to control Doom's tech, and also the degree of magic Doom could conjure in that 30 minute time frame..

For those questions, there is no clear answer I'm aware of. smile

Eventually? I agree.

But while he is still conscious and resisting? I don't think there's enough evidence to say with a certainty that he COULD.

Reasonable doubt, so to speak. If there isn't proof that he can, then, he probably can't. erm.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:29 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Eventually? I agree.

But while he is still conscious and resisting? I don't think there's enough evidence to say with a certainty that he COULD.

Reasonable doubt, so to speak. If there isn't proof that he can, then, he probably can't. erm.
Meh,

B1M would just give Doom the same "Razzle-Dazzle" he gave to our era's Batman...

Psy-Blast + 853rd century Bat-Kick = KO = Soul Steal ftw.

Simple logic really. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:33 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Meh,

B1M would just give Doom the same "Razzle-Dazzle" he gave to our era's Batman...

Psy-Blast + 853rd century Bat-Kick = KO = Soul Steal ftw.

Simple logic really. stick out tongue

Hard to batkick when you're trapped in the crimson bands of Cyttorak.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:40 PM
Merlyn
Order Of...

Batman one million takes the majority IMO.

As far as tech goes, one of Doom's most impressive inventions is a time machine, which by Doom's own accord is very unreliable.

Yet time traveling devices are pretty much standard equipment for everyone in the JLA one million, so that just goes to show how ahead of Doom Batman would be in the tech dept. And as was already said, if Batman's suit has the capacity to control Doom's tech, (which seems very plausible), then that's just one way he could take this, IMO.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:43 PM
Merlyn is currently offline Click here to Send Merlyn a Private Message Find more posts by Merlyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Hard to batkick when you're trapped in the crimson bands of Cyttorak.

Perhaps you didn't grasp what I said.

This is The Bat-Kick we're talking about here. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:45 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Perhaps you didn't grasp what I said.

This is The Bat-Kick we're talking about here. stick out tongue

Sure, he could batkick THROUGH the bands if they were holding someone else.

But if he's incapacitated, he cannot INITIATE the batkick. stick out tongue.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:49 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Sure, he could batkick THROUGH the bands if they were holding someone else.

But if he's incapacitated, he cannot INITIATE the batkick. stick out tongue.

Sounds like someone is underestimating the Bat-Kick. laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 28th, 2007 10:51 PM