KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Kratos & Dante vs Kain

Kratos & Dante vs Kain
Started by: Gumachi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Sappho
Self-Made

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Yes, because his powers clearly revolve around using sound waves in battle. Your basis for it not being real lightning is shoddy at best.

Both acted on lightning? What are you talking about?

You're not a very good troll.

quick question. i get everything your saying, but it extremely angers me the way gumachi posts back, acting as if he doesnt get it, and sentences like "The only "real" lighting would probably be from Poseidon's Rage" make me even madder because 1. he completely ignored your question, and 2. this sentence is no where near fact becuase he is just saying something that hes not proving. It even suprises me ive gone this far without getting an official warning for flaming/bashing. Do you think he gets what your saying but is blatantly ignoring it or do you think he actually doesnt get it? And do his replies anger/annoy you? Becuase the only thing that satisfies me from you two arguing is the fact that you can prove him wrong in a simple way that he has no other choice to concede, so that being said if someone stupid was to argue against him and was not smart enough to point out his obvious flaws would be one arguement i couldnt watch.

and the zues using sound waves in battle joke was pretty funny lol.

Last edited by Sappho on Apr 22nd, 2009 at 03:58 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 03:52 AM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gumachi

It's not like I wasn't the only person to say it wasn't real lighting. k1Lla441, if you have something to say to me--don't complain to TGE--say it to me, upfront. Please, don't criticize me.

Last edited by Gumachi on Apr 22nd, 2009 at 04:04 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 03:57 AM
Gumachi is currently offline Click here to Send Gumachi a Private Message Find more posts by Gumachi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sappho
Self-Made

Everything ive said to him i try to explain to you every single time i argue against you; i even get to the point where i have to italicize and cap all my letters just to get a point accross.

But what makes me mad is you have no bases as to why its not "real lighting". If you even had a small, crappy arguement that could easily be negated i wouldnt care, but you have not even one theory as to why its not lighting, you simply say that its not. Its not the fact that you say it wasnt lightning, its the fact that you have no basis for this assumption.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 04:02 AM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gumachi

Well, my point was, if he could react to real lighting, why couldn't he react to anything else? Since I told you to be upfront, I admit his reactions arn't shitty. But still, why couldn't he react to the pillar?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 04:05 AM
Gumachi is currently offline Click here to Send Gumachi a Private Message Find more posts by Gumachi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sappho
Self-Made

I dont know, pis, he wasnt aware of it, he leg hurt, many things could have happened but actually see how good a category is of a certain fighter we have to take there best feat and use that. I dont care if he couldnt dodge a little girls slap, he still blocked lightning.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 04:10 AM
Gumachi

Well, if you think about it, he wouldn't be aware of the lighting. When Ares threw that pillar, he was wide in the open. Both has react on lighting, and if you give Dante the Royal Guard, he could do the same. Well, Dante caught a bullet with his teetherm See, I wonder if he could react to "actual" lighting that comes from the sky(it's kinda hard to explain what I mean when I say actual, so don't get pissy).

@4:26/5:06(how can he survive all of that btw lol?)Now, Zeus' bolts came faster than the pillar did.

Last edited by Gumachi on Apr 22nd, 2009 at 04:28 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 04:16 AM
Sappho
Self-Made

lightning travels at 60 thousand miles per second, while a bullet travels around 1000 miles an hour. hmm, dantes bullet catching feat does match up to kratos' feat. definitely. Dante could catch 100 bullets with his teeth all at the same time, its still not as good as blocking lightning.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 04:29 AM
Gumachi

As I said, if you give him the RG he could block lighting. Besides, I don't really see a big deal when Kratos blocked the 'lighting storm'(not reflecting). I mean, he had no choice(And it "had" to happen. Kinda hard to explain what I mean).

Last edited by Gumachi on Apr 22nd, 2009 at 04:38 AM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 04:34 AM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kratos never touches lightning outside of gameplay, not that I remember, please show me him doing it.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 07:50 AM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Jesus BT not you too.

This "gameplay" occurrence is unavoidable, this context makes it usable in debate.

And Gumachi, that pillar was thrown from miles away, and Kratos was pre-occupied with moving Pandora's Box, he didn't see it coming, literally. So please STFU.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 10:23 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gumachi

Who gives a damn? Anyway, how do we know that the lighting Zeus was throwing was going at 60,000 miles per second? If it's that fast, how can it be seen by the human eye(sorry if I sound stupid)?

I don't seem him being busy with shit. Anyway, what does him blocking lighting prove?

Last edited by Gumachi on Apr 22nd, 2009 at 03:28 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 03:23 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jesus BT not you too.

This "gameplay" occurrence is unavoidable, this context makes it usable in debate.

And Gumachi, that pillar was thrown from miles away, and Kratos was pre-occupied with moving Pandora's Box, he didn't see it coming, literally. So please STFU.

no it puts it under the bar of "gameplay", its influenced by gameplay, influenced by what players can do, what they cant etc, just because Zeus shoots a lightning bolt and the player can choose to reflect it does not even make it canon, infact Ive played that, I dont think you actually "have" to fire lightning bolts back at him if your talking about when you use the fleece to project back his lightning. Zeus lives in a fantasy universe, one that has shown in cinematics that Zeus can throw slower balls of lightning or blasts rather than actual bolts the way they are from the sky.

You can assume just because Zeus is the lightning God and he throws a stormy bolt that its immedialtey going as quick as real natural lightning from the sky.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 09:06 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Gumachi
Who gives a damn? Anyway, how do we know that the lighting Zeus was throwing was going at 60,000 miles per second? If it's that fast, how can it be seen by the human eye(sorry if I sound stupid)?

I don't seem him being busy with shit. Anyway, what does him blocking lighting prove?
First of all, it is 60,000 meters per second, not miles. Second of all, we have actually seen IRL lightning with the human eye.

If you don't, you are:

A. In denial.

B. An idiot.

A or B. Your choice.

Blocking lightning prove? It proves that Kain won't come near hitting him.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 10:56 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Burning thought
no it puts it under the bar of "gameplay", its influenced by gameplay, influenced by what players can do, what they cant etc, just because Zeus shoots a lightning bolt and the player can choose to reflect it does not even make it canon, infact Ive played that, I dont think you actually "have" to fire lightning bolts back at him if your talking about when you use the fleece to project back his lightning. Zeus lives in a fantasy universe, one that has shown in cinematics that Zeus can throw slower balls of lightning or blasts rather than actual bolts the way they are from the sky.

You can assume just because Zeus is the lightning God and he throws a stormy bolt that its immedialtey going as quick as real natural lightning from the sky.
It isn't optional. To complete the battle, it has to happen. You do not choose to fire back at him, you have to, and it is blocking. Zeus can throw balls of lightning that are clearly not bolts, those were bolts of lightning.

Why should we assume it is not? So Kain can be faster? Which he has never proven to be by the way.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 10:57 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure assuming

A: there was an actual canon feat of him blocking lightning that is without a doubt under the same laws of physics as real lightning and is real lightning

B: Kain actually had tactics of walking up to characters and swinging a sword and not slowing them in time or slowing them in other ways or stoppng them moving all together.

It isn't optional. To complete the battle, it has to happen. You do not choose to fire back at him, you have to, and it is blocking. Zeus can throw balls of lightning that are clearly not bolts, those were bolts of lightning.

Why should we assume it is not? So Kain can be faster? Which he has never proven to be by the way.

No it doesnt.....you may have done it that way but tossing back lightning at Zeus is optional, its one of his attacks, blocking it with the fleece is an option the player can choose abliet the best option but still an option. You could just keep rolling to "dodge" the lightning.

We shouldnt assume anything tbh. The lightning Zeus fires is not the same as lightning from the sky, moving at incredible speeds. Stop reaching.... smile

Last edited by Burning thought on Apr 22nd, 2009 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 10:58 PM
NemeBro

1. How do you even know thats TK, altho that was not my point, my point was that once Kraots is grabbed with TK hes helpless as a child

3. When using another source to help him. And no, through the game it was Kratos' goal to reach the sisters and change his fate, not physically take their powers and he never succeeds in that.

4. And hes going to build motion while floating in the air? and his neck is weaker, you think muscles in your neck can give off teh same strength as your arms or legs? stupidity....

5. hes not going to fight Kain, hes not going to get anywhere near Dante as Kain as they fight because their either too fast or teleporting miles away from him, he has no chance in this battle....
1. How do I know that it is TK? I won't even dignify that question with a response. Once he is grabbed with TK he is helpless as a child? To actually lift him he would have to stop him, why would Kratos be standing still so Kain can grab him?

3. Another source? The Loom Chamber? Which he did not use to bring the Titans to Olympus? Nigga please.

4. Why assume he won't already be moving? Considering Kratos is primarily a melee fighter, he will be actively trying to close the distance. His neck is weaker overall, but for you to think it would not retain superhuman strength proportional to the rest of his body is complete stupidity, 1/10th of Kratos' strength feats would be sufficient to break Kain's TK, and by the way, the neck is far stronger than you think.

5. Kain too fast? For you to even compare Dante and Kain's speed like they are comparable at all is laughable. Kain is SLOOOOOOOW, slower than Kratos as the New Trailer clearly shows. Then again I am talking to the same guy who thought Kain impaling Moebius to a rock was greater speed than what Loz displayed lol. Teleporting miles away? Is Kain running away now?

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 11:02 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. How do I know that it is TK? I won't even dignify that question with a response. Once he is grabbed with TK he is helpless as a child? To actually lift him he would have to stop him, why would Kratos be standing still so Kain can grab him?

3. Another source? The Loom Chamber? Which he did not use to bring the Titans to Olympus? Nigga please.

4. Why assume he won't already be moving? Considering Kratos is primarily a melee fighter, he will be actively trying to close the distance. His neck is weaker overall, but for you to think it would not retain superhuman strength proportional to the rest of his body is complete stupidity, 1/10th of Kratos' strength feats would be sufficient to break Kain's TK, and by the way, the neck is far stronger than you think.

5. Kain too fast? For you to even compare Dante and Kain's speed like they are comparable at all is laughable. Kain is SLOOOOOOOW, slower than Kratos as the New Trailer clearly shows. Then again I am talking to the same guy who thought Kain impaling Moebius to a rock was greater speed than what Loz displayed lol. Teleporting miles away? Is Kain running away now?

1. So you dont know its TK...kool...and why would Kratos start off the match running.....not that it makes a diffrence on kain grabbing Kratos by the neck...

3. Ofcourse he used it to move the Titans, he changed his fate using the threads, do you think Kratos was using the threads and the loom chamber for a april fools joke or something and he had all these amazing time powers?

4. As I said, grab Kratos by the neck and he is doomed, he woud not be able to do anything at all, and running will not help him either.

5. The trailor shows nothing of the sort, and Dante will be constantly closing gaps, Kain will be eliminating every gap within an instant using teleportation....so okie, I was foolish at thking Dante is equel to Kains movement. Running away....no hes just taking the best options he can for eliminating both of these goofs as quickly as possible, he could just Repel shield and then take them out with a slash each from the reaver while their slowed in time.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2009 11:12 PM
Gumachi

First of all, it is 60,000 meters per second, not miles. Second of all, we have actually seen IRL lightning with the human eye.

If you don't, you are:

A. In denial.

B. An idiot.

A or B. Your choice.

Blocking lightning prove? It proves that Kain won't come near hitting him.

What does blocking lighting, have to do with Kain hitting him? He could get hit by a slow Barbarian hammer, also. Kratos isn't all that fast, atleast as you make it seem(if he's fast at all).

BT, if Kain slows time, Dante will disable it with QS, not only that, but Dante is resisted to soul-sucking.

Last edited by Gumachi on Apr 23rd, 2009 at 12:24 AM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 12:17 AM
Sappho
Self-Made

Originally posted by Gumachi
What does blocking lighting, have to do with Kain hitting him? He could get hit by a slow Barbarian hammer, also. Kratos isn't all that fast, atleast as you make it seem(if he's fast at all).

BT, if Kain slows time, Dante will disable it with QS, not only that, but Dante is resisted to soul-sucking.

It has to do with everything, unless kains movement is faster than lightning, then it will be blocked and repelled by the golden fleece.
1. So you dont know its TK...kool...and why would Kratos start off the match running.....not that it makes a diffrence on kain grabbing Kratos by the neck...

3. Ofcourse he used it to move the Titans, he changed his fate using the threads, do you think Kratos was using the threads and the loom chamber for a april fools joke or something and he had all these amazing time powers?

4. As I said, grab Kratos by the neck and he is doomed, he woud not be able to do anything at all, and running will not help him either.

5. The trailor shows nothing of the sort, and Dante will be constantly closing gaps, Kain will be eliminating every gap within an instant using teleportation....so okie, I was foolish at thking Dante is equel to Kains movement. Running away....no hes just taking the best options he can for eliminating both of these goofs as quickly as possible, he could just Repel shield and then take them out with a slash each from the reaver while their slowed in time.

like jaxx said, his tk is not nearly strong enough to stop a moving kratos. not even close.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 04:02 AM
Gumachi

Originally posted by k1Lla441
It has to do with everything, unless kains movement is faster than lightning, then it will be blocked and repelled by the golden fleece.

like jaxx said, his tk is not nearly strong enough to stop a moving kratos. not even close.

Yeah, right. So your saying just because he reacted he automatcially is fast? Kratos is not all that fast, it would be easy to hit him(if he's fast at all). He shure moved pretty slow when Ares was about to hit him. If i'm not mistaken; He is wearing Hermes' boots(if he is, he must not be that fast).

Last edited by Gumachi on Apr 23rd, 2009 at 05:00 AM

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2009 04:57 AM