KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 37 38 [39] 40 41 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Putinbot1
looking forward to this Rey is the best Star Wars character ever and Kylo is second. The new films are awesome. thumb up

I was overjoyed to see that my favorite character rose is in it smile

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 02:07 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
I think I hate you now.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 02:39 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

problem?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 02:48 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Just with her fat, pigface. thumb up

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 02:52 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

aww she's not that bad looking. sad I just think her character arc was deliberately written to troll the audience. Everytime she showed up, the movie became dumb. Not that I'm blaming Rose, rather I suspect the writer had a deep hatred for her, and needed to make the audience agree. Also her presence was way overdone and forced on us like jarjar. Even had her own theme score. that's something you earn, not some damn participation trophy. You don't see chewie running around with his own theme song, and that boy payed his dues the whole saga

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 03:06 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Confirmed4ChubChaser, lulzerz!

But srsly, Rose is the epitome of an utterly pointless character, and didn't do anything at all to advance the plot. She could(and should) have been absent from the entire film, and nothing would have changed. On top of that, her acting is complete shit and she's painful to look at. She just had no redeeming qualities for me... Basically just Disney's matriarchal version of Jar Jar, except she didn't even try to be the comedic relief(at least not intentionally.) Like you mentioned, though: Rian is mostly responsible for Rose's utter failure as a character.

That being said, I wish that Rose would have been the worst thing about TLJ, but she definitely wasn't. sad

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 26th, 2019 at 03:29 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 03:27 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I didn't hate the things that others seem to hate. For example I liked the way luke went out. everyone's like "OMG pointless" but look how Kenobi died. Entering a duel which he knew would kill him, for the sole purpose of buying his young friends some essential time to escape. there's a theme of mentors deciding that they would be more helpful as force-ghost-coach.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 03:34 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

My issue with Luke wasn't necessarily how he went out; it was with how he was portrayed up to that point. I didn't at all like the fact that he even considered [albeit briefly] killing Ben because "teh darkness he sensed in him was too much!!!" or w/e. This is the same guy who was still able to see the light in Vader(and ultimately redeem him), even though Vader had committed FAAAR more deplorable acts than Kylo could ever dream of. I also didn't like how Luke lost all faith/hope he had in the Jedi, ran away from his friends/family(along with the entire galaxy), cut himself off from the force entirely, and was prepared to carry out the rest of his days in complete isolation as a broken shell of his former self, solely because of one student's betrayal. Yoda, for example, never once lost hope in the Jedi, despite his 'failure' as a Master being monumentally worse than Luke's.

...Although I did thoroughly enjoy Yoda's final lesson to Luke in TLJ. That was awesome. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 26th, 2019 at 05:19 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 05:03 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Luke spared Vader because he felt the conflict within him, but he said that Ben was completely lost. I know it's crappy writing, but that seems to be what RJ was going for: kylo going completely to the dark side unlike Vader. *shrug*

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 05:41 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yeah, I'm sure that's what Rian was going for.

I just thought it was royally stupid, tbh.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 06:15 PM
ares834

But that's not what Rian was going for. Kylo isn't completely turned to the dark side, we see him struggle with his morality within both films. Rian just has a complete and fundamental misunderstanding of Luke.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 06:20 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Luke's train of thought in that moment was essentially: "I thought about killing Ben so that he wouldn't be able to carry out all the evil I foresaw." It didn't seem like he was even searching for the 'good' in Ben at that point, tbh. Ben had become a threat to Luke's new Jedi Order, and he wanted to eliminate that threat... Redemption be damned.

Granted, Luke was never actually going to kill Ben, but the simple fact that the thought legitimately entered his mind...even for a moment...does indeed demonstrate Rian's complete misunderstanding, and moreover, absolute disregard of Luke's entire characterization in the OT.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 26th, 2019 at 06:45 PM

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 06:37 PM
Darth Thor

To me its not his mistake of igniting his Lightsaber over Bens head. As bad as that was, hes still human and can make a mistake in the moment.

What ruined Luke for me is how After Having Years to Think Over His Mistake, he just completely gives up on his family, his friends, The Galaxy and The Jedi.

Unforgivable and completely out of character for Luke and just proved himself to be a pretty shoddy Jedi Master to boot.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 08:30 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
Excellent character.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 08:58 PM
Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 10:50 PM
Darth Thor

laughing

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 11:28 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

So booked to watch the entire ST back to back on Wednesday 18th December. That way I think I catch the first showing of Episode 9 at like midnight.

I know im sad. Not even liked this trilogy yet im doing a triple bill of it.

And pretty sure my brain will hurt by the end of it all.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 03:02 PM
ares834

You're part of the problem.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 04:26 PM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ares834
You're part of the problem.

I know. I really am.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 04:27 PM
Zenwolf

So apparently in the prequel Journey To Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:

Rey is like the bestest Jedi ever, even better than Luke and Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 06:41 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote