KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread

Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 36 37 [38] 39 40 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CaveDude33211

Also, since [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Palpatine surviving goes against the core-premise of the Lucas Trilogies for reasons that fans already know about, that means that the Disney Trilogy is indeed Non-Canon to the Lucas Trilogies.

The question is - barring someone going on an education-campaign to inform all the folks out there, how long do you think it will take for Disney Star Wars being Non-Canon to become common knowledge?

(And yes, Lucas's premise for the PT and OT were that the Chosen One Anakin/Vader would destroy the Sith and set the Force into balance - so Disney revealing [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Palpatine being alive, means Disney Star Wars is officially Non-Canon.)

It is what it is - but it's brutally-simple and I could re-explain to someone a billion times if I had to, until it sunk in.

Disney Star Wars is Non-Canon. Period.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 06:47 AM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't think you need to spoiler tag the fact that Palpatine is alive anymore. The trailer spoiled that much beyond the shadow of a doubt.

But yeah, lets make sure to keep all of the other leaks/plot-points in spoiler tags. Some people might actually still be excited for this, and I don't want to ruin the plot for them.

That being said, I have shifted to the stance that this film will be [SPOILER - highlight to read]: even worse than TLJ, which I really wasn't expecting.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 24th, 2019 at 12:26 PM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 12:14 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CaveDude33211

(And yes, Lucas's premise for the PT and OT were that the Chosen One Anakin/Vader would destroy the Sith and set the Force into balance - so Disney revealing [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Palpatine being alive, means Disney Star Wars is officially Non-Canon.)

but

Well so is the old EU by that logic. Member Dark Empire?

Lucas Canon was only Episodes 1-6 and TCW series.

If you want to add Filoni Canon to that (he did finish off some TCW Arcs with Disney), then would add Rebels to that.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 12:32 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Well so is the old EU by that logic. Member Dark Empire?

Lucas Canon was only Episodes 1-6 and TCW series.

If you want to add Filoni Canon to that (he did finish off some TCW Arcs with Disney), then would add Rebels to that.

Well I mean, Lucas did give the approval with DE bringing back the Emperor...of course that was before the PT in the 90s.

Here it's kinda worse. Also the last bit of TCW, coming this year or next? Can't recall.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 01:01 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Also the last bit of TCW, coming this year or next? Can't recall.
Currently slated for release in February, 2020.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 01:41 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Zenwolf
Well I mean, Lucas did give the approval with DE bringing back the Emperor...of course that was before the PT in the 90s.

If by approval you mean he allowed Palpatine to return but completely forbade Vader returning. Then... I Guess...

But it was always made clear those were not his stories and he would ignore them if/when making further films (Although he did like to borrow things here and there).

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 06:43 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Originally posted by Galan007
I don't think you need to spoiler tag the fact that Palpatine is alive anymore. The trailer spoiled that much beyond the shadow of a doubt.

But yeah, lets make sure to keep all of the other leaks/plot-points in spoiler tags. Some people might actually still be excited for this, and I don't want to ruin the plot for them.

That being said, I have shifted to the stance that this film will be [SPOILER - highlight to read]: even worse than TLJ, which I really wasn't expecting.

I think it will be better than TLJ. At least we're getting some real lightsaber duels in this one.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 08:06 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

Originally posted by CaveDude33211
Also, since [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Palpatine surviving goes against the core-premise of the Lucas Trilogies for reasons that fans already know about, that means that the Disney Trilogy is indeed Non-Canon to the Lucas Trilogies.

The question is - barring someone going on an education-campaign to inform all the folks out there, how long do you think it will take for Disney Star Wars being Non-Canon to become common knowledge?

It is what it is - but it's brutally-simple and I could re-explain to someone a billion times if I had to, until it sunk in.

Disney Star Wars is Non-Canon. Period.

I'm praying that they involve Anakin in Palpatine's death somehow, maybe as a force ghost. But I know it won't happen.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 08:09 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by xPRIMEx
I think it will be better than TLJ. At least we're getting some real lightsaber duels in this one.

The lightsaber fights have been really bad in this trilogy.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 08:26 PM
Zenwolf

Originally posted by Darth Thor
If by approval you mean he allowed Palpatine to return but completely forbade Vader returning. Then... I Guess...

But it was always made clear those were not his stories and he would ignore them if/when making further films (Although he did like to borrow things here and there).

I mean yeah, but here it's much, much worse given that we now know what we now know.

Also yeah...the lightsaber fights haven't been great, like even compared to the OT ones. I mean the OT ones were great, but you know what I mean.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Some of you have probably seen these already, but here are a few leaked images of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Palpatine in a red robe firing lightning from his hands, and Rey+Kylo(evidently redeemed) ready to fight him:
https://i.imgur.com/JxGNvrJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/daxVjAf.jpg

According to everything I've read, they are 100% legit.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 25th, 2019 at 01:11 AM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2019 01:07 AM
Zenwolf

Some of you have probably seen these already, but here are a few leaked images of [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Palpatine in a red robe firing lightning from his hands, and Rey+Kylo(evidently redeemed) ready to fight him:
https://i.imgur.com/JxGNvrJ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/daxVjAf.jpg

According to everything I've read, they are 100% legit.

Disney has been removing them, so yeah it seems like they are legit..

Old Post Oct 25th, 2019 01:25 AM
CaveDude33211

Old Post Oct 25th, 2019 01:29 AM
Click here to Send CaveDude33211 a Private Message Find more posts by CaveDude33211 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

I'm rooting for a Palpatine kept alive by an Ewok death cult that sacrifices each other to him. All those Star Destroyers? Crewed by evil Ewoks.

If RoS is gonna be bad I want it to go full blown insane bad. Just... the zaniest dumb shit ever. Memorably bad>>>boring.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2019 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i want it to be just like TLJ, where the real entertainment is watching all the incels have meltdowns over a kids movie

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2019 10:08 PM
Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Currently slated for release in February, 2020.
looking forward to this Rey is the best Star Wars character ever and Kylo is second. The new films are awesome. thumb up

Old Post Oct 25th, 2019 10:32 PM
Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i want it to be just like TLJ, where the real entertainment is watching all the incels have meltdowns over a kids movie
Worst movie ever. A million shitty B movies, A-list failures, and Neil Breen out there, but the mediocre high budget Disney movie is LITERALLY the worst.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 03:35 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bashar Teg

Not even sure kids are particularly into these films anymore.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 06:51 AM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

I am a massive Reylo fan.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 09:09 AM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will be there when it opens here in my Chewie outfit.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2019 01:02 PM
Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote