KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dominus vs Galactus

Dominus vs Galactus
Started by: UniOmni

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I'd take you seriously...

but you have no proof on anything.

Dominus makes a couple of annihilation wave ships come after Galactus again. Fight over.

Now go back to your corner and sulk away. wink

Ouch.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 02:15 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

It was exactly that. He was passed over for the title. Where did you get that he isn't a cosmic entity?

kismet said it in your scan. or she said he WANTS to be a cosmic entity. perhaps not exactly the same thing but 'wanting to become one' DOES seem to imply he is NOT one. and hasn't he been trapped and held in the phantom zone? i was looking around and decided to dl a few books with him in them to get a better idea of the character. (after reading, i may well be forced to admit i am totally wrong about him . . .)seems he is also a purely psionic entity -- composed of psionic energy. i wonder of g could absorb or manipulate him?

quote:
You don't need to alter the entire universe to beat Galactus. We both know that. Even with that said...Kismet STATED ON PANEL that is exactly what Dominus did... he altered everything.

that's true of course, especially the level of g we're talking about. but supes seemed able to somehow sense his reality was altered even before kismet showed him. it also seemed to me that lois and jimmy were able to see that supes was acting weird as well (they saw him fighting 'no one' when supes actually believed he was fighting opponents). that implies that it was only 'superman's reality' that was altered, and not 'ALL REALITY'. that makes it more a mental creation (in supes mind) as opposed to a wanda-like completely global alteration. because of that, i think there is a very good chance g would see through the mental construct even though it may fool him briefly.

quote:
He DID show on panel proof. Maybe it's not 100% accurate but it's a very strong evidence.

sorry bro, you lost me there. not sure what that scan proves.

quote:
As for the nullifier being part of Galactus...it's obviously not in his full control as Reed or even Maelstrom can confirm.

i never claimed he could control it. i simply said it couldn't alter reality in the manner you were saying.

quote:
It wouldn't be any issue to make one to use against Galan at any time.

impossible to say -- g may well see through the 'reality'.

quote:
Except for the godblast incident.

nah, not really. g was preparing to feed -- based on that alone he must have been at a lower level of power. and as i said -- calling on low showings is not the best tactic. too many low showings for everyone to start that game.

quote:
It still doesn't compare to eternity AND the closest we've seen of a full power galan was when he was fighting full power tyrant near birth.

where do you get the idea that dominus was choking out an eternity level being? choking kismet is NOT the same as an eternity level being. she was in absolute control of HER realm (she was everything in her realm) but mephisto is the same in his realm, and aggamotto is the same in his. is kismet clearly above aggy and mephisto? she's only a lord of order. powerful, obviously, but how do lords of order compare to beings like mephisto and aggamotto? i'm not entirely sure to be honest. nabu was powerful (beyond kismet?) but i doubt the lords of order are very far above (if they ARE above) the vishanti.

quote:
Now he's been nearly taken out by some ships.

and matched tenebrous. and inbetweener. and . . . again, low showings are meaningless. anyone can bring 'em up.

quote:
I'll stick with the guy that nearly destroyed DC's version of eternity under his own power...plus the guy that alters all of reality for the win.

i still want to know where this dc's version of eternity came from. kismet escaped him pretty easily in any event.

quote:
Altering all of reality > blowing up a galaxy in battle.

i think he altered all of superman's reality -- and not completely enough that supes couldn't perceive the differences. and how do we know dominus could handle a galaxy-busting blast? or that g couldn't take him out in a tp battle? agains, g is tested. dominus is not.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 02:41 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Dominus makes a couple of annihilation wave ships come after Galactus again. Fight over.

Wait, did you read Annihlation, just a question, don't take my head off.

I like how earlier you said that this was a Superman hate thread, but you have shown just as much hate towards Galactus as the others have towards Superman.

I believe Galactus isn't also as much as a jobber as people say. Most people who say this, usually just read this forum, however, you said Surfer has shown more than Galactus. Yet why does Surfer always get one shotted against Galactus? Why does Galactus beat someone with one shot, that has beaten Strange, Surfer and Nova? Why does Galactus stand up to Agamotto? Why does Galactus beat a Mephisto that has made Surfer look like a ho to a pimp? Why does Galactus one shot Thanos, with shields? Why does Galactus forcfully beat Strange, and make him come with him? Why does Galactus beat a Tyrant (until Tyrant uses machinary) who has beaten Thanos beefed up, and a couple Surfer levels? Why does Galactus take down a full powered Tyrant that they both destroyed galaxies in there conflict? Why has Death stated that Galactus was equal to herself and Eterenty? Why has Eternity humbled Galactus? Why has Galactus owned all of the Elders with one mouth openeing? Why does Galactus basically beat In-Betweener, who in turn has beaten Death? Why does Galactus own the Skrull world, even when the whole planet is attacking him?
Shall I go on? I can go all day, and even get scans of whatever I say.

Also I would like to point out how you make this guy seem like Multi-Eternity. Would you have me believe that Moondragon with the mind gem, could take out Eternity, or even Multi-Eternity. (just a comparison)

Last edited by One Big Mob on Nov 4th, 2006 at 02:47 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 02:44 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

i hear what you're saying about galactus, bb. he DOES have some pathetic showings (and i still say he jobs WAY to much), but i keep trying to say he has some GREAT ones as well. forum-speak can get tiresome.

btw, i'm not sure where the annihilation ships beating up g come in, either . . . confused

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 02:53 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by leonidas
i hear what you're saying about galactus, bb. he DOES have some pathetic showings (and i still say he jobs WAY to much), but i keep trying to say he has some GREAT ones as well. forum-speak can get tiresome.

btw, i'm not sure where the annihilation ships beating up g come in, either . . . confused
Thats why I asked if he read the book.

Ya, the only ones I can really think of though that get repeated is:
Thor G blasting him twice. (which I think it was, but he fired two huge blasts) But what people negate to mention is after the first blast is that Galactus threw him and was about to kill him. (someone teleported Thor to safety) Oh ya, and both times Galactus wasn't even paying attention, so basically Thor cheapshotted Galactus twice to make him leave a planet.

The Four beating Galactus... with the UN. Which isn't even really beating him. More of Watcher giving them the UN, (which is an aspect of Galactus, and has also erased a universe to take out Abraxus) and Galactus not being the idiot everyone thinks he is, getting off the planet.
Also a weak Galactus.

A weak galactus losing.

Those are the three showings that seem to be said repeatidly here.
People even use these to say that Galactus will lose, which really has no meaning if they knew what happened, and if they knew the meaning of pis. More so of the Thor one, the F4 one really isn't but in a way it is.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 03:04 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

the dr strange 'battles' are brought up often. the beating he took in the jla/avengers xover is also brought up often. even him losing to tenebrous and aegis. there are others. the alpha flight one is another that is brought up a lot in forums.

fact is, he DOES lose a lot, but he is rarely portrayed at a high level. since i was a kid i've loved galactus (still have a 2' tall action figure of the big lug!). i just wish marvel would finally give the big g some friggin' credit. i swear, he better kick someone's arse in annihilation . . .

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 05:07 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

the dr strange 'battles' are brought up often. the beating he took in the jla/avengers xover is also brought up often. even him losing to tenebrous and aegis. there are others. the alpha flight one is another that is brought up a lot in forums.

fact is, he DOES lose a lot, but he is rarely portrayed at a high level. since i was a kid i've loved galactus (still have a 2' tall action figure of the big lug!). i just wish marvel would finally give the big g some friggin' credit. i swear, he better kick someone's arse in annihilation . . .
The Jla/Avengers one isn't really brought up that much... anymore. I really don't know why people even bring up the one where he lost to two beings that are his equals, that one gets me.

Yup he does lose a lot, but the thing is, most people on the forum only know the two of his fights, Agamotto, and Mephisto. Yet, they know all of his losses??

Yup, Galactus is my second fave, or even tied for first. I know he has a lot of good showings, but even then, he still loses a lot for what he is to the universe.
I wish I could just skip to Annihilation 6, just to see how his unleashing goes.
He is basically used to make characters look good, that part I hate.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 05:34 AM
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Bullshit.

Thor already lost to Superman, which you apparently can't get over.

And all it took was 1 member of alpha flight to take Galactus down.

You believe that Superman has more raw power than Thor? That's funny considering Thor has dispalyed about a million more powers than Superman has.

Yes we all know Thor fell victim to Superman's PIS, but so has Hal, Darkseid, Doomsday, Dominus, Flash, MM, etc. All of which are characters who should have defeated The Man of PIS. It's become all to common seeing characters job to Superman.

Yes, and it took nothing but a mind game to defeat Dominus.

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 07:09 AM
Soujaboy is currently offline Click here to Send Soujaboy a Private Message Find more posts by Soujaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes Galactus jobs too much, I actually believe he jobbed to Thor. However I do find Thor's defeating a weak Galactus more plausible than Superman defeating a multiversal threat with a mind game.

It appears he hasn't read Annihilation. He's basically talking out of his ass in his best attempts to discredit Galactus. His time would be better spent proving his sketchy claims of Dominus power.

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 07:18 AM
Soujaboy is currently offline Click here to Send Soujaboy a Private Message Find more posts by Soujaboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Originally posted by Soujaboy
You believe that Superman has more raw power than Thor? That's funny considering Thor has dispalyed about a million more powers than Superman has.

Yes we all know Thor fell victim to Superman's PIS, but so has Hal, Darkseid, Doomsday, Dominus, Flash, MM, etc. All of which are characters who should have defeated The Man of PIS. It's become all to common seeing characters job to Superman.

The raw power of the plot device is greater than anything in history....

My god... it allowed Squirrel girl to defeat Thanos for christ sakes!
And superman's plot device is the greatest in all the cosmos...

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 07:19 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soujaboy
Restricted

Account Restricted

Um in case you haven't noticed, you've provided little to no proof about Dominus supposed power. Thus far all we've heard is Dominus can do this, Dominus can do that when in fact all he's done is fall to a mind game.

Where are you getting this Annihilation ship thing? Galactus lost to two universal threats who are his supposed equals. I figure that's much worse than falling to a herald lv's mind game.

Free Beta Ray Howard

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 07:28 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Yes Galactus jobs too much, I actually believe he jobbed to Thor. However I do find Thor's defeating a weak Galactus more plausible than Superman defeating a multiversal threat with a mind game.
He actually got cheapshotted twice, when he wasn't even looking at Thor, and (for some reason) just sitting above the planet floating in space.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 07:33 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

kismet said it in your scan. or she said he WANTS to be a cosmic entity. perhaps not exactly the same thing but 'wanting to become one' DOES seem to imply he is NOT one. and hasn't he been trapped and held in the phantom zone? i was looking around and decided to dl a few books with him in them to get a better idea of the character. (after reading, i may well be forced to admit i am totally wrong about him . . .)seems he is also a purely psionic entity -- composed of psionic energy. i wonder of g could absorb or manipulate him?

Read the scan again...he wants HER position specifically. I'm not sure why you're ignoring that Leo. It's pretty obvious that his power exceeds that of MANY cosmic entities...especially when he can create realities and is also essentially his own universe.

that's true of course, especially the level of g we're talking about. but supes seemed able to somehow sense his reality was altered even before kismet showed him. it also seemed to me that lois and jimmy were able to see that supes was acting weird as well (they saw him fighting 'no one' when supes actually believed he was fighting opponents). that implies that it was only 'superman's reality' that was altered, and not 'ALL REALITY'. that makes it more a mental creation (in supes mind) as opposed to a wanda-like completely global alteration. because of that, i think there is a very good chance g would see through the mental construct even though it may fool him briefly.

Supes had no idea about what was going on until Kismet told him. It took him issues to figure it out because Kismet kept throwing hints at him. Dominus had NO interest in killings Superman at the time...just in finding Kismet.

Galactus won't have that kind of luck. In this battle...Dominus will be using his powers for the kill. Do you seriously think he'll play around with simple mental illusions when he can do alter reality on a whim? Think about what you can do when reality is your plaything.

i never claimed he could control it. i simply said it couldn't alter reality in the manner you were saying.

Mr Master made a strong case for it. His case so far is stronger than yours in that regard. Sorry bro.

impossible to say -- g may well see through the 'reality'.

You said it..he MAY be able to, and then again, he may not.
On top of that...Dominus won't be pulling any type of "illusions" on G. He'll be going straight for the kill as Galactus has nothing that he needs.

nah, not really. g was preparing to feed -- based on that alone he must have been at a lower level of power. and as i said -- calling on low showings is not the best tactic. too many low showings for everyone to start that game.

I had no intention to, until people got hypocritical here. I prefer to use galaxy destroying galactus vs universal reality altering dominus.

where do you get the idea that dominus was choking out an eternity level being? choking kismet is NOT the same as an eternity level being. she was in absolute control of HER realm (she was everything in her realm) but mephisto is the same in his realm, and aggamotto is the same in his. is kismet clearly above aggy and mephisto? she's only a lord of order. powerful, obviously, but how do lords of order compare to beings like mephisto and aggamotto? i'm not entirely sure to be honest. nabu was powerful (beyond kismet?) but i doubt the lords of order are very far above (if they ARE above) the vishanti.

I know that you aren't sure...and that is fine. Kismet is dc's eternity. If she dies, the universe dies. She's the very representation of it. Where do you get that she isn't? Her and eternity are even shown as equals in the JLA/Avengers crossoever when the universes were colliding.

and matched tenebrous. and inbetweener. and . . . again, low showings are meaningless. anyone can bring 'em up.

He lost to tenebrous, and many others in his career. I'm not ignoring that either.

i still want to know where this dc's version of eternity came from. kismet escaped him pretty easily in any event.

She ran after he nearly killed her. Fine, after Dominus nearly kills him. Galactus runs away.

i think he altered all of superman's reality -- and not completely enough that supes couldn't perceive the differences. and how do we know dominus could handle a galaxy-busting blast? or that g couldn't take him out in a tp battle? agains, g is tested. dominus is not.

Once again, Superman only perceived them because Kismet was there throwing hints at him...but as the scan said...they were 4 distinct realities. NOT illusions. I'm not sure why you're choosing to ignore that.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 09:35 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

No, YOU want it to be PIS.

Sorry. While the fight was a crappy one. Supes beats Thor.

And if you think Torquasm Vo is just a "mind game" then just do us all a favor and stop responding to this thread cause you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Then again, you thought that humans can perceive light speeds and that lighting is the speed of light.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 09:36 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExtraMision5555
SKELLETIL RESARCH

and how do we know dominus could handle a galaxy-busting blast? or that g couldn't take him out in a tp battle? agains, g is tested. dominus is not.

I asked this question 2 pages back

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 01:36 PM
ExtraMision5555 is currently offline Click here to Send ExtraMision5555 a Private Message Find more posts by ExtraMision5555 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by ExtraMision5555
I asked this question 2 pages back

For all intents and purposes...Dominus is immune to physical attacks.
His body is powered by souls, he can alter it to whatever he wishes, and he can create out of nothing.

He could toss Galan in the phantom zone as well. Have an ultimate nullifier handy at any time. Freeze time. Physically go at it..etc.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 02:09 PM
Soleran
Fast As Time

If you don't like the reality of what your Dominus is don't get abrasive on my behalf.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 02:19 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Good thread, lots of good points and counterarguements.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 02:25 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Just remember not to get too harsh with eachother. We read and debate comics because it's fun, something we like to do. Shouldn't try to press to make it something unpleasant.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 02:31 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Read the scan again...he wants HER position specifically. I'm not sure why you're ignoring that Leo. It's pretty obvious that his power exceeds that of MANY cosmic entities...especially when he can create realities and is also essentially his own universe.

you see this is where you lose me. where has it been said anywhere that she is 'eternity'? she's a lord of order. you may speculate she's above that station (why though, what makes you think that?) but as far as has been stated anywhere, she's a lord of order, and hence, below nabu, most powerful of the lords of order.

and where do you get he's his own universe? when he took a physical body wasn't he smashed or the souls released or something?

quote:
Supes had no idea about what was going on until Kismet told him. It took him issues to figure it out because Kismet kept throwing hints at him. Dominus had NO interest in killings Superman at the time...just in finding Kismet.

didn't he see that lena luthor chick as lex at one point i the 2999 arc? that was before kismet the situation. and again, the reality was only in supes' mind. you cannot possibly assume that just because superman couldn't see through it, doesn't mean galactus couldn't or wouldn't.

quote:
Galactus won't have that kind of luck. In this battle...Dominus will be using his powers for the kill. Do you seriously think he'll play around with simple mental illusions when he can do alter reality on a whim? Think about what you can do when reality is your plaything.

his power was limited, below universal certainly since he couldn't just unwrite kismet. i still see no proof that kismet=eternity, so it seems based on what we know she is below nabu in power level which would be well below eternity, no?

quote:
Mr Master made a strong case for it. His case so far is stronger than yours in that regard. Sorry bro.

he did? resetting a universe is less plausible than resetting the whole multiverse? regardless, even taking his interpretation as truth the UN does not alter reality in the way we've been talking about . . .

quote:
You said it..he MAY be able to, and then again, he may not.
On top of that...Dominus won't be pulling any type of "illusions" on G. He'll be going straight for the kill as Galactus has nothing that he needs.

fair enough, but that's the crux of it -- WHEN has he NOT used 'illusions' or created a reality specifically in the MIND of an opponent? he couldn't do it to kismet so he has a limit. again -- because he can screw with supes mentally does not mean he can screw with someone on g's level. you have only superman as a basis of comparison -- it's not enough to jump to the conlusion you're making, imo.

quote:
galactus vs universal reality altering dominus.

when did he TRULY (ie -- not in the mind of an opponent) alter the universe? others could perceive supes and knew he was acting oddly. and didn't lois help break the illusions he was under as well?

quote:
I know that you aren't sure...and that is fine. Kismet is dc's eternity. If she dies, the universe dies. She's the very representation of it. Where do you get that she isn't?

where do you get she IS? everyting i've read on her says she's a lord of order, illuminator of realities (whatever that means), but nothing about being the representation of the universe. if you can show proof she is, i'll gladly concede you the debate. smile

quote:
He lost to tenebrous, and many others in his career. I'm not ignoring that either.

confused

no he didn't. aegis's sneak attack is what beat him, and earlier in the universe, he apparently defeated BOTH of them and trapped them in the kyln.

quote:
She ran after he nearly killed her. Fine, after Dominus nearly kills him. Galactus runs away.

possibly, but he's below kismet who is below nabu, it doesn't seem likely to me . . .

quote:
Once again, Superman only perceived them because Kismet was there throwing hints at him...but as the scan said...they were 4 distinct realities. NOT illusions. I'm not sure why you're choosing to ignore that.

because if they were ACTUAL 'other realities', others in OUR universe wouldn't have perceived him acting oddly. they would EVERYONE would have been included in the alteration. they were not. that leads me to beleive it was only supes PERSONAL realities that were altered. a trick there is no guarantee could work on someone as powerful as galactus.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2006 02:32 PM