KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » NJO Luke vs 10 Shadow Gaurds

NJO Luke vs 10 Shadow Gaurds
Started by: skywalker833

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Frankly, I'm getting sick of all the Jedi popping up recently. Just how freaking many survived the war and Order 66?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2008 05:16 AM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
I may be wrong, but the slayers dont wear armor, their skin is their defence.

No, it's armor.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 09:22 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lightsnake

No, it's their skin, too. Early in the book, Shimrra slashes one with a saber and it's said a regular warrior would've been sliced in half.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2008 10:40 PM
Click here to Send Lightsnake a Private Message Find more posts by Lightsnake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote:
Frankly, I'm getting sick of all the Jedi popping up recently. Just how freaking many survived the war and Order 66?

Shaak Ti saved alot at the temple attack acording to TFU.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 11:59 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Shaak Ti saved alot at the temple attack acording to TFU.
I know, what the hell?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 04:24 PM
Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Col. Valerian
Republic Navy

Of how many Jedi did the Order consist of?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 05:11 PM
Click here to Send Col. Valerian a Private Message Find more posts by Col. Valerian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Ten thousand, I think, although I think there were something like two thousand casualties during the war.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 08:13 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kotorfan
Fruity Darth

Originally posted by Mizukage Yoda
^This is true, I honestly think that in terms of power Luke>10 Shadow Guards, but even Luke is going to have a shitload of trouble parrying ten blasts of Force lightning, or ten saberstaffs

Yes but I thought in Inferno when he duels Caedus, doesn't he use some sort of protection bubble thing to counter his force lightning? and also in the Unifying Force, Jaina describes his mastery over the lightsaber looking like he was wielding 20 sabers at once. So why wouldn't he be able to block 10 saberstaffs?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 09:17 PM
Click here to Send kotorfan a Private Message Find more posts by kotorfan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Faunus
Ten thousand, I think, although I think there were something like two thousand casualties during the war.

I believe there were more than ten thousand. It is just that only ten thousand participated in the war. There were jedi who did not.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 09:43 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hewhoknowsall
Restricted

Account Restricted

2000 died in the war? Is that including order 66? If not, then that means 1/5 of all jedi died, which is a LOT.

Also, if there are only 10000 in the entire galaxy, then why do people say "oh, Star Wars universe beats X because of the jedi"? I mean, if there are only 10000 jedi, then a few legions of the clone army could beat all of the jedi in the galaxy.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 09:57 PM
Click here to Send Hewhoknowsall a Private Message Find more posts by Hewhoknowsall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
2000 died in the war? Is that including order 66? If not, then that means 1/5 of all jedi died, which is a LOT.

Also, if there are only 10000 in the entire galaxy, then why do people say "oh, Star Wars universe beats X because of the jedi"? I mean, if there are only 10000 jedi, then a few legions of the clone army could beat all of the jedi in the galaxy.

Not quite. One jedi can be equal to an entire legion. And powerful jedi such as Yoda can be superior to entire legions.

And what is x?

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 10:06 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall

There were 10,000. And no, silly goose. The 501st suffered horrible losses raiding the temple. And at the time it consisted of most Younglings, Padawans, some Knights, and Shaak Ti. Oh, and Cin Drallig. Jedi>>>>>>>>>clones.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 10:57 PM
Zamp
The Blind Critic

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Not quite. One jedi can be equal to an entire legion. And powerful jedi such as Yoda can be superior to entire legions.

And what is x?

Probably star trek. That's the most common comparrison I've seen. Also, the clones only killed jedi because they didn't have malice in their hearts- they were just following orders, like any other day. The Jedi were also too spread out for them to help each other. As RotS says, "It was the ultimate Jedi trap."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 10:59 PM
Click here to Send Zamp a Private Message Find more posts by Zamp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

Originally posted by kotorfan
Yes but I thought in Inferno when he duels Caedus, doesn't he use some sort of protection bubble thing to counter his force lightning?

Sort of:
Jacen stopped pulling and started to swing his free hand around. Luke was ready, had been expecting this since the fight started. Still flying through the air, he raised his own hand, palm outward, and pushed the Force out through his arm to form a protective shield. The lightning never came.

Instead, Luke was blindsided by something heavy and spiky, and his body exploded into pain as he slammed into a durasteel wall. He found himself pinned in place, trapped by a bed of thorns Jacen had hurled across the cabin.

quote:
and also in the Unifying Force, Jaina describes his mastery over the lightsaber looking like he was wielding 20 sabers at once. So why wouldn't he be able to block 10

I'm not sure but I think the fact that he was in the force meld helped.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 11:30 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

The Force-meld helps multiple Jedi coordinate themselves better; it doesn't make them more powerful, IIRC.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 11:32 PM
Click here to Send Eminence a Private Message Find more posts by Eminence Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Force-meld helps multiple Jedi coordinate themselves better; it doesn't make them more powerful, IIRC.

Wookieepedia isn't a source, but it mentions that Jedi could "draw strength" from those within the meld and improve their abilities.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 11:38 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elite Hunter

I was going by a sentence in JvS: Battle-melds permits a group of jedi to become stronger than if each stood alone,while also enabling them to communicate with one another through the force.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 11:42 PM
Click here to Send Elite Hunter a Private Message Find more posts by Elite Hunter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

I'm definitely going to need to see an actual quote, but it's a distinct possibility considering I've only read three NJO books.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 11:43 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I was going by a sentence in JvS: Battle-melds permits a group of jedi to become stronger than if each stood alone,while also enabling them to communicate with one another through the force.

Hahahahhahahahahaha!

At last! I have triumphed over TUF-Luke!!!!

EAT THAT FAUNUS AND LIGHTSNAKE. I shall prepare my final campaign to crush the idea that Luke is peerless once and for all! But it'll have to be tomorrow...

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 11:43 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eminence
Boss

Originally posted by Gideon
Hahahahhahahahahaha!

At last! I have triumphed over TUF-Luke!!!!

EAT THAT FAUNUS AND LIGHTSNAKE. I shall prepare my final campaign to crush the idea that Luke is peerless once and for all! But it'll have to be tomorrow...
No. If you try to chalk up that entire feat to the battle-meld, I will have to cyber-slap you into oblivion.

UR A HATUR AND HAV NO KREDIBLTY

Last edited by Eminence on Nov 17th, 2008 at 11:50 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2008 11:47 PM