KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » $20 bill to switch pic of Jackson for Tubman

$20 bill to switch pic of Jackson for Tubman
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I feel kinda bad because just the overall image of a person throwing a metal thing at someone and then accidentally hitting someone else just amuses me.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 05:15 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peace Keeper
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, she was a mentally ill schizophrenic, religious nut, not important to the movement, did little, sent on suicide missions because of how expendable she was. She was used like a mascot.

She was used as a pawn then, and is used as a pawn by sjw now because shes black and a woman. Sjw are virtue signaling.

"Liberals are becoming fools. They hate Christians and White men but fall over themselves supporting Muslims......a group of people who hate everything liberals stand for. Wake up, idiots!"
-Bill Maher

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 05:15 PM
Peace Keeper is currently offline Click here to Send Peace Keeper a Private Message Find more posts by Peace Keeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I certainly learned a lot about Harriet Tubman today.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 05:38 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Peace Keeper
So, she was a mentally ill schizophrenic, religious nut, not important to the movement, did little, sent on suicide missions because of how expendable she was. She was used like a mascot.

She was used as a pawn then, and is used as a pawn by sjw now because shes black and a woman. Sjw are virtue signaling.

I'm kinda just jumping in so I don't know if you're being serious, but all of those qualities are still not as deplorable as the things that Jackson did. So it's still an improvement over the status quo.

Even if she's just a mascot, what she symbolizes is more meaningful to celebrate than whatever we were trying to do with Jackson.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 08:27 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

To Surtur's post a while back: not wanting Confederate soldiers to be celebrated isn't nearly the same as wanting to piss on their graves. Nice try though.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 10:49 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 11:00 PM
Peace Keeper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by The Ellimist
I'm kinda just jumping in so I don't know if you're being serious, but all of those qualities are still not as deplorable as the things that Jackson did. So it's still an improvement over the status quo.

Even if she's just a mascot, what she symbolizes is more meaningful to celebrate than whatever we were trying to do with Jackson.

Jackson was an American hero. You wish you were half the man he was.
Although, putting him on federal currency is retarded because he hated the banking system.

"Liberals are becoming fools. They hate Christians and White men but fall over themselves supporting Muslims......a group of people who hate everything liberals stand for. Wake up, idiots!"
-Bill Maher

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 11:02 PM
Peace Keeper is currently offline Click here to Send Peace Keeper a Private Message Find more posts by Peace Keeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Jackson was an American hero.

He did some arguable good things and some really obviously bad things. We can weigh the pros and cons; his support of slavery and trail of tears outweigh maybe some economic policy you personally agree with.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 01:50 AM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

I'd prefer they put the Tom Clancy soldier logo, or one of those soldiers in Call of Duty.

Maybe even a James Bond silhouette, since most white Americans are of European lineage.

Put a picture of a native American in the $1 bill while they're at it.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Last edited by AsbestosFlaygon on Apr 26th, 2016 at 02:29 AM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 02:27 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peace Keeper
Restricted

Account Restricted

He did some arguable good things and some really obviously bad things. We can weigh the pros and cons; his support of slavery and trail of tears outweigh maybe some economic policy you personally agree with.

The trail of years was done out of compassion for the native Americans. If he hadn't done that, every indian would have been murdered.
He had no alternative.

Slavery is wrong, but its a fallacy to judge people of the past with morality of today.

-Bill Maher

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 05:21 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

The trail of years was done out of compassion for the native Americans. If he hadn't done that, every indian would have been murdered.
He had no alternative.

Source that this was his motive?

quote:

Slavery is wrong, but its a fallacy to judge people of the past with morality of today.

But you want him on modern currency. And it's not like there weren't abolitionists in his time; he was aware of their movement and arguments, and he got it wrong. He was either an idiot, or not a very good person.

I do find it funny that you give Tubman flack for being a religious nut, but Jackson a pass for being pro-slavery, as though religious fanaticism weren't correlated with the time period. laughing

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 05:24 AM
Peace Keeper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Source that this was his motive?

But you want him on modern currency. And it's not like there weren't abolitionists in his time; he was aware of their movement and arguments, and he got it wrong. He was either an idiot, or not a very good person.

I do find it funny that you give Tubman flack for being a religious nut, but Jackson a pass for being pro-slavery, as though religious fanaticism weren't correlated with the time period. laughing

Source for water being wet?

Its a historical fact that concern for the native Americans was part of his motivation. He's a hero.

laughing out loud yeah....I definitely DON'T want him on federal currency. Toverman, pronounced tubman, wasn't just a religious nut, the ***** was certified cray Cray. Like, talking to voices and sleeping on the roof with a tin foil hat.

I don't want some bat-shit crazy religiotard who never really accomplished anything and was technically a criminal representing my country. What next? Are we going to put that lazy drunk rosa parks on the dollar for not getting up?

-Bill Maher

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 05:40 AM
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

^^^
laughing out loud

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 09:01 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
He had no alternative.

laughing

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 09:53 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

We need to posthumously grant Jackson the nobel peace prize.

Just look at the similarities between him and Tubman. She helped slaves escape with underground railroad. The indians who died on the trail of tears were no doubt buried under the ground as well.

Jackson should be put on every piece of currency in the country. We should also re-arrange the 50 stars on our flag to resemble his face.

I also think Mount Rushmore needs a new addition..can you guys guess who?!

Last edited by Surtur on Apr 26th, 2016 at 01:25 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 01:22 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
I also think Mount Rushmore needs a new addition..can you guys guess who?!

Jokes aside, Obama should actually be it. The patriotism of Washington, brilliance of Jefferson, nobility of Roosevelt and empathy of Lincoln.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 05:38 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peace Keeper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by riv6672
laughing

Are you laughing at your ignorance of history? It is kinda funny...may i laugh with you?
laughing out loud

-Bill Maher

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 06:13 PM
Peace Keeper
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud
Im dying!

-Bill Maher

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 06:15 PM
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Jokes aside, Obama should actually be it. The patriotism of Washington, brilliance of Jefferson, nobility of Roosevelt and empathy of Lincoln.
and the black guy.

Rushmore should have been Washington Jefferson Jackson Lincoln.

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 06:15 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peace Keeper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
^^^
laughing out loud

I know! Can you believe his ignorance? laughing out loud
What high school did he drop out of? laughing

-Bill Maher

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 06:17 PM